Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
This is a terrible day for India. This Cyclone is very powerful

live-map-cyclone-fani-india-promo-1556825378757-articleLarge-v3.jpg

Courtesy of the NY Times
Reports of destruction, and possibly deaths
A relief official for the state of Odisha, where the cyclone made landfall, said Friday afternoon that many trees had been uprooted and houses destroyed, and that there had been unverified reports of deaths. The official, Pravat Ranjan Mohapatra, said the situation would be clearer in a few hours. NDTV, a major Indian news network, reported that three people had been
killed. Cyclone Fani Live Updates: Powerful Storm Lashes India’s Coast

Courtesy of the NY Times
A relief official for the state of Odisha, where the cyclone made landfall, said Friday afternoon that many trees had been uprooted and houses destroyed, and that there had been unverified reports of deaths. The official, Pravat Ranjan Mohapatra, said the situation would be clearer in a few hours. NDTV, a major Indian news network, reported that three people had been

Possibly death? They are so packed...someone lights a fart and five people die there.
Bangladesh is at sea level so at least 20,000 of them will drown. The Indian subcontinent is a mess.

Courtesy of the NY Times

Possibly death? They are so packed...someone lights a fart and five people die there.
Bangladesh is at sea level so at least 20,000 of them will drown. The Indian subcontinent is a mess.

One million two hundred thousand human beings lost their homes. 3 died. India has a million people who need lodging facilities quickly. Illness has a tendency to follow Cyclone damage which mixes all the ground water with sewer shit. That's a little more trouble than 'lighting a fart,' sir.

Courtesy of the NY Times

One million two hundred thousand human beings lost their homes. 3 died. India has a million people who need lodging facilities quickly. Illness has a tendency to follow Cyclone damage which mixes all the ground water with sewer shit. That's a little more trouble than 'lighting a fart,' sir.

Birth control measures need to be taken. Their population density is obscene. Their health standards, building codes, disaster preparedness are all 'caveman' level.
So, when a typhoon rolls into town one SHOULD expect mass destruction, displacement, and death. This is not news, this is India and Bangladesh 101.

Looks like Chicago at thanksgiving
That is a 128 MPH wind. It causes people in Miami to put their lawn furniture inside and make a drink.

Courtesy of the NY Times

Birth control measures need to be taken. Their population density is obscene. Their health standards, building codes, disaster preparedness are all 'caveman' level.
So, when a typhoon rolls into town one SHOULD expect mass destruction, displacement, and death. This is not news, this is India and Bangladesh 101.

Quote:
Birth control measures need to be taken. Their population density is obscene. Their health standards, building codes, disaster preparedness are all 'caveman' level. So, when a typhoon rolls into town one SHOULD expect mass destruction, displacement, and death. This is not news, this is India and Bangladesh 101.​

Do you always gnaw down to the bone of the intellectual debate when hundreds of thousands of people don't have a roof over their heads, sir? Well, when you come down from your coulda woulda shoulda ivory tower, the brave people who come to their assistance will have done some things for them they can't do for themselves right now, considering they got nothin'. And in some fine countries, you can't put water back into the glass after it's spilt. But sheeze, what do I know? I'm just one of those pragmatic Americans who does all she can with what she has to help. If it just sends the message that someone knows that someone out there cares for them, it can be a springboard for them to make their lives count again in the society they live in as it is and is likely to stay that way.

Have a blessed day. I have to treat some antbites I got yesterday from some pretty stirred up ants who objected to me moving my sacks of rocks onto the driveway to keep the record rains from washing the drive out from the Farm Road to my front door.

Do you always gnaw down to the bone of the intellectual debate when hundreds of thousands of people don't have a roof over their heads, sir?
Yes...root cause analysis.

ell, when you come down from your coulda woulda shoulda ivory tower, the brave people who come to their assistance will have done some things for them they can't do for themselves right now, considering they got nothin'. And in some fine countries, you can't put water back into the glass after it's spilt.
Your point is? Give a man a fish v. teaching one? However, my father always said..."You can't coach speed and you can't outrun stupid."

I'm just one of those pragmatic Americans who does all she can with what she has to help.

You are confusing the pragmatic with the emotional. If you were pragmatic you would leave them to their own ends as the pragmatic thinker would first consider ability.

Have a blessed day. I have to treat some antbites I got yesterday from some pretty stirred up ants who objected to me moving my sacks of rocks onto the driveway to keep the record rains from washing the drive out from the Farm Road to my front door.

You as well, perhaps you can impart some of your civil engineering knowledge upon subcontinent.

Thank Almighty God that we never get cyclones here in America- this is pretty terrible.

We have our own problems with hurricanes and tornados, but this shit really looks bad.

Thank Almighty God that we never get cyclones here in America- this is pretty terrible.

We have our own problems with hurricanes and tornados, but this shit really looks bad.
I thought so, but I did find this, Polishprince:

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same weather phenomenon; we just use different names for these storms in different places. In the Atlantic and Northeast Pacific, the term “hurricane” is used. The same type of disturbance in the Northwest Pacific is called a “typhoon” and “cyclones” occur in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean.

What is the difference between a hurricane and a typhoon?
oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/cyclone.html​

Do you always gnaw down to the bone of the intellectual debate when hundreds of thousands of people don't have a roof over their heads, sir?

ell, when you come down from your coulda woulda shoulda ivory tower, the brave people who come to their assistance will have done some things for them they can't do for themselves right now, considering they got nothin'. And in some fine countries, you can't put water back into the glass after it's spilt.
Your point is? Give a man a fish v. teaching one? However, my father always said..."You can't coach speed and you can't outrun stupid."

I'm just one of those pragmatic Americans who does all she can with what she has to help.

You are confusing the pragmatic with the emotional. If you were pragmatic you would leave them to their own ends as the pragmatic thinker would first consider ability.

You as well, perhaps you can impart some of your civil engineering knowledge upon subcontinent.
Sorry, my husband was a professional engineer, but he passed a couple of years ago. I'm an American, and this country is in enough trouble with birth control through abortion, and it is somewhat inappropriate for Americans to show an unwillingness to share this planet with others who are not cowardly enough to perpetrate the "abortion is good" Ba'al myth on people from foreign countries who have different goals in life than us.

Sorry, my husband was a professional engineer, but he passed a couple of years ago. I'm an American, and this country is in enough trouble with birth control through abortion, and it is somewhat inappropriate for Americans to show an unwillingness to share this planet with others who are not cowardly enough to perpetrate the "abortion is good" Ba'al myth on people from foreign countries who have different goals in life than us.

120MPH winds....This is a disaster of huge proportions. New York's highest hurricane winds was 80MPH. My prayers for these folks.

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same weather phenomenon; we just use different names for these storms in different places. In the Atlantic and Northeast Pacific, the term “hurricane” is used. The same type of disturbance in the Northwest Pacific is called a “typhoon” and “cyclones” occur in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean.

Beat me to it but anyway it is time to rebuild and hopefully the government is there for the people who need the help.

Unlike Puerto Rico who still trying to recover and no one seems to care

Great job PT

Beat me to it but anyway it is time to rebuild and hopefully the government is there for the people who need the help.

Great job PT

Actually, I've heard thousands of appeals for Puerto Rico recovery since their catastrophic storm. Lots of people care.

Great job PT
Their President spoke treasonably against a sitting American President and made demands, not requests, for millions of dollars. A severe storm is an act of nature, not of man. The man was shilling for the DNC Congress to add a black eye to their hoped-for coup to remove a sitting President. I'm sick of traitors to this nation, but I have given charitably to help the cause of the Puerto Rican people, in spite of their duplicitous president.

Great job PT
Their President spoke treasonably against a sitting American President and made demands, not requests, for millions of dollars. A severe storm is an act of nature, not of man. The man was shilling for the DNC Congress to add a black eye to their hoped-for coup to remove a sitting President. I'm sick of traitors to this nation, but I have given charitably to help the cause of the Puerto Rican people, in spite of their duplicitous president.

The Puerto Rico administrators is acting as if the storm was an act of President Trump- instead of Almighty God.

That tells me that they are incompetent. It might be a smart idea for the President to remove them and install less demagogic individuals to rule.

With the population densities and third-world squalor of India and Bangadesh, a mounting death toll is but an unfortunate and tragic circumstance which is unavoidable.

RIP to the fallen. Nature is a b*tch.

Forum List

Back