Cybersecurity

Author of this op-ed asks if either candidate is properly focused on cybersecurity. I think that is an insanely stupid question. The entire federal government is clearly not properly focused on cybersecurity at all. In fact, the only time they even mention it is when they are trying to leverage the issue to consume more power over the people and private industry.

Cybersecurity: The key issue Trump and Clinton still need to address
Luckily the companies that provide the cyber infrastructure are concentrating on it.

Luckily the companies that provide the cyber infrastructure are concentrating on it.
I wish that were true...but it sure doesn’t seem like it. Outside of Apple and Blackberry (which is all but extinct now), every other vendor in the world is failing their customers big time when it comes to cybersecurity.

I wish that were true...but it sure doesn’t seem like it. Outside of Apple and Blackberry (which is all but extinct now), every other vendor in the world is failing their customers big time when it comes to cybersecurity.
You can only give people the tools. I work with Cisco equipment which is probably about 80% market share and their equipment is everywhere. Their whole focus is security in their products. If you have Cisco equipment and your network is unsecure its your fault.

You can only give people the tools. I work with Cisco equipment which is probably about 80% market share and their equipment is everywhere. Their whole focus is security in their products. If you have Cisco equipment and your network is unsecure its your fault.
That’s not true at all. Do you know how many security flaws there are in Cisco routers?

Security Advisories and Alerts

That’s not true at all. Do you know how many security flaws there are in Cisco routers?

Security Advisories and Alerts
They dont just make routers. The make security appliances called ASA's

I read them all the time. Can you tell me under what circumstances this would be a problem?
You need me to explain to you how security flaws in hardware and software “could be a problem”? :uhh:
I dont need to explain to you how it could be a problem until you answer my question.
I didn’t ask you to explain anything to me. Try reading my statement again.
I dont need you to explain anything. I asked if you could show your understanding of what you posted by explaining the circumstances under which the defects would be a problem.

I read them all the time. Can you tell me under what circumstances this would be a problem?
You need me to explain to you how security flaws in hardware and software “could be a problem”? :uhh:
I dont need to explain to you how it could be a problem until you answer my question.
I dont need you to explain anything. I asked if you could show your understanding of what you posted by explaining the circumstances under which the defects would be a problem.
Um...under the circumstances of someone exploiting the flaws.

(Seriously...you make the most bizarre posts and argue the most absurd points)

Um...under the circumstances of someone exploiting the flaws.

(Seriously...you make the most bizarre posts and argue the most absurd points)
Under what circumstances would they be able to use the exploit? Remember I am questioning your understanding of what you posted.

Under what circumstances would they be able to use the exploit? Remember I am questioning your understanding of what you posted.
Meanwhile, everyone is questioning your sanity (or lack there of). First you tried to claim that hardware and software vendors create “secure” products. I proved that wrong. Then you attempted to twist and stretch to cover for that mistake by claiming that people were to blame. I proved that wrong. Your final desperate (and laughable) attempt was to claim that Cisco products were the holy grail of security. I proved that was absurd.

All of your questions have been thoroughly answered and supported with links.

Forum List

Back