Cyberbullying and "Slut-shaming"??

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

I just read an article where is says this picture is Cyberbullying and Slut-shaming:

girlsdidyouknow.jpg

One could take the talk of covering boobs and closing legs as a sort of amplified counter-attack waged by young girls on typical perceptions of teen sexuality. After all, what other point in life is so critical, so hyper-sensitive to ideas of love and like, of friendship and belonging and childhood blending uncomfortably into adulthood? On social platforms that so easily magnify every message, what one teen thinks is an empowering, or at least defiant statement against "society's expectations" can easily morph into a monster of accusations and guilt, and invite themes far darker than the original intention. On the other hand, insecurity, jealousy and typical teen politics could lead some young women to lash out at other young women, the "sluts" and "hoes" that could be faceless "others" as much as they could be actual people.

'Hey Girls,' is this cyberbullying? | HLNtv.com

Do you agree or disagree? I myself do not see it as cyberbullying.

CaféAuLait;6637719 said:

I just read an article where is says this picture is Cyberbullying and Slut-shaming:

girlsdidyouknow.jpg

One could take the talk of covering boobs and closing legs as a sort of amplified counter-attack waged by young girls on typical perceptions of teen sexuality. After all, what other point in life is so critical, so hyper-sensitive to ideas of love and like, of friendship and belonging and childhood blending uncomfortably into adulthood? On social platforms that so easily magnify every message, what one teen thinks is an empowering, or at least defiant statement against "society's expectations" can easily morph into a monster of accusations and guilt, and invite themes far darker than the original intention. On the other hand, insecurity, jealousy and typical teen politics could lead some young women to lash out at other young women, the "sluts" and "hoes" that could be faceless "others" as much as they could be actual people.

Yes, I feel bullied. I have a right to see tits hanging out .

Cyber bullying? No.

I just thought it was her opinion. I can't see how they came to the conclusion it was cyberbullying. The article states that the meme started others to combat the picture and then more that were a spin off of the picture as well which agreed with the photo above and disagreed too. I just see it as a funny photo, I was wondering what I missed.

I've seen that pic and plenty of similar ones on tumbler. I like the pic and I think it's great. The volume of young girls out there who think nothing of exposing themselves to the world is frightening.

Yup, when a girl or woman make the focus on herself T&A over all else she will likely get the attention she seeks and can't apparently draw or capture without T&A being the focus. Duh, guys like T&A and girls learn this younger and younger. Too bad that happens often at the neglect of other parts of who she is.

No the above image is not cyber bulling. A little skank-shaming perhaps in a general sense which is cool. Not directed at anyone directly as it appears.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6637719 said:

girlsdidyouknow.jpg

If someone feels shamed due to that picture, there's probably a reason. The girl's right.

CaféAuLait;6637719 said:

girlsdidyouknow.jpg

No. I don't think that photo is cyberbullying.

It is trying to shame females from promiscuous behavior online.

I have no problem with legal aged females being promiscuous online.

I don't condone underage females exhibiting promiscuous online behavior but it happens whatcha gonna do?

liberals will really regret if they actually get cyberbullying laws, because all liberals do is bully people who don't share their views. They shame, insult, bully ,etc because they have no logic.

CaféAuLait;6637719 said:

girlsdidyouknow.jpg

No. I don't think that photo is cyberbullying.

It is trying to shame females from promiscuous behavior online.

I have no problem with legal aged females being promiscuous online.

I don't condone underage females exhibiting promiscuous online behavior but it happens whatcha gonna do?

Funny how liberal pansies have no problems with shaming and bullying smokers.

liberals will really regret if they actually get cyberbullying laws, because all liberals do is bully people who don't share their views. They shame, insult, bully ,etc because they have no logic.

Are you slut shaming?

Forum List

Back