CVS to halt opioid perscriptions

Once we move back home to the beach, I will be closer to Mexico. Might take a drive one day and see what I can get there.

What did people use for pain before opiods? Morphine I'm sure, Codeine with tylenol. And why are the manufacturers of these drugs not being taken to task. Something is rotten in Denmark and elsewhere.

CVS has been anal about certain drugs for quite a while. I had to fight for every Tramadol refill for my elderly dog.

It's really not that hard.
It would be extremely easy to create a national database of everyone on script opioids so that any doctor/pharmacy can see if there are any duplicate prescriptions.
Secondly, anyone taking longterm opioids like Lewdog can be required to undergo a simple blood test at some interval to ensure there is correct opioid levels in their system.

It would be extremely easy to create a national database of everyone on script opioids so that any doctor/pharmacy can see if there are any duplicate prescriptions.
Secondly, anyone taking longterm opioids like Lewdog can be required to undergo a simple blood test at some interval to ensure there is correct opioid levels in their system.
Yet another national database?
Don't we have enough of those? Now, when reentering the U.S. with U.S. passport, a picture is taken while holding the passport over a scanner. That picture goes into the national face recognition database. Fighting terrorism? Yes every step the government takes intruding privacy is taking place under the token of fighting terrorism. All the cameras, all the NSA phone recordings etc....

There's already a database. I had to show my drivers license every time I filled my dog's Rx.

CVS' new policy will restrict how many pain pills doctors can give patients

Read the comments section. People who truly suffer chronic pain are now being punished due to drug addicts who suffer nothing but the desire to get high. CVS are idiots and I hope they go out of business.

Since when is CVS a doctor and can decide who and who does not get the needed relief for horrible pain???

CVS Pharmacy will limit opioid prescriptions to a seven-day supply for certain conditions, becoming the first national retail chain to restrict how many pain pills doctors can give patients.

When filling prescription for opioid pills, pharmacists will also be required to talk to patients about the risks of addiction, secure storage of medications in the home and proper disposal, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.

it is not just CVS

there is a national databse that tracks your narcotic purchases

There is a database, it is called CASPER. Almost all states use it. You don't have to take a blood test for drugs. For one, opioids only stay in your system about 72 hours, and urine tests are required almost every visit.

What did people use for pain before opiods? Morphine I'm sure, Codeine with tylenol. And why are the manufacturers of these drugs not being taken to task. Something is rotten in Denmark and elsewhere.

Morphine and codeine are both opiods.

Yes but there was no addiction epidemic. What the hell is different now.

People have been getting addicted to opioids since we discovered them.

The difference now is that drug companies have started making them exponentially stronger, and marketing them much wider. Fentanyl, for example is something like 10x stronger than heroin.

Morphine and codeine are both opiods.

Yes but there was no addiction epidemic. What the hell is different now.

People have been getting addicted to opioids since we discovered them.

The difference now is that drug companies have started making them exponentially stronger, and marketing them much wider.

Yes that is it. They need to be controlled at the source. There has been no discussion I've seen about holding drug companies liable or limiting their production. They are drug dealers made legal.

Forum List

Back