CVS to halt opioid perscriptions

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
CVS' new policy will restrict how many pain pills doctors can give patients

Read the comments section. People who truly suffer chronic pain are now being punished due to drug addicts who suffer nothing but the desire to get high. CVS are idiots and I hope they go out of business.

Since when is CVS a doctor and can decide who and who does not get the needed relief for horrible pain???

CVS Pharmacy will limit opioid prescriptions to a seven-day supply for certain conditions, becoming the first national retail chain to restrict how many pain pills doctors can give patients.

When filling prescription for opioid pills, pharmacists will also be required to talk to patients about the risks of addiction, secure storage of medications in the home and proper disposal, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.

I can get them on the street cheaper than going to doc and getting a script and taking it to my local drug dealer..

Read the comments section. People who truly suffer chronic pain are now being punished due to drug addicts who suffer nothing but the desire to get high. CVS are idiots and I hope they go out of business.

Since when is CVS a doctor and can decide who and who does not get the needed relief for horrible pain???

CVS Pharmacy will limit opioid prescriptions to a seven-day supply for certain conditions, becoming the first national retail chain to restrict how many pain pills doctors can give patients.

When filling prescription for opioid pills, pharmacists will also be required to talk to patients about the risks of addiction, secure storage of medications in the home and proper disposal, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
It is fucked up! Every time you need a prescription refill you need to go personally for an office visit. Of course it is not cheap. They souldn't be allowed to do that! People need to switch to other drug stores. They already quit selling cigarettes also a couple of years back.

They aren't restricting how many can be taken. That is determined by the doctor who prescribes them. They are just trying to limit how many they have on hand at one time. Believe it or not, some people claim to be hurting, just to get pills to sell, and some doctors will write prescriptions for anything you might want if you pay their extra high office visit price. Limiting the amount on hand makes selling large amounts of pills on the street a lot harder.

It is fucked up! Every time you need a prescription refill you need to go personally for an office visit. Of course it is not cheap. They souldn't be allowed to do that! People need to switch to other drug stores. They already quit selling cigarettes also a couple of years back.

No. I have prescriptions that allow refills for a year.

They aren't restricting how many can be taken. That is determined by the doctor who prescribes them. They are just trying to limit how many they have on hand at one time. Believe it or not, some people claim to be hurting, just to get pills to sell, and some doctors will write prescriptions for anything you might want if you pay their extra high office visit price. Limiting the amount on hand makes selling large amounts of pills on the street a lot harder.
Doctors want to save money for their patients sometimes with limiting the number of office visits by prescribing a month supply or so. The times for calling the doctors office for prescription refill are over. It has been for years, thank to the fucking ACA.

I can get them on the street cheaper than going to doc and getting a script and taking it to my local drug dealer..
MrG and I need to find one of those guys cuz MrG needs more than just one. He has more issues than I do and his pain tolerance is not as high as mine. I really don't need more pain killers. Been on the ONE norco per day for 8 years now. I can't take advil due to innard probs but I do it anyway if its really bad during the day...just not often cuz I pay for it by having to camp in the bathroom.

Anyway...CVS is starting to backpedal now. Seems there is a major whooshing sound coming from their customer base. Now they are saying only NEW customers will be limited to the original report. Too late. MrG already dumped them and went with RiteAid.

No. Selling on the streets is going to be big business for drug dealers now.

Then you are lucky. I have to see my doctor every two months for my refills on my pain medicine and now Neurotin that is considered a scheduled drug.

Doctors want to save money for their patients sometimes with limiting the number of office visits by prescribing a month supply or so. The times for calling the doctors office for prescription refill are over. It has been for years, thank to the fucking ACA.

Not for me and all my doctors. I don't even have to call for refills. The prescriptions say how many months they are good for, and the pharmacy just refills them until that time limit.

Not for me and all my doctors. I don't even have to call for refills. The prescriptions say how many months they are good for, and the pharmacy just refills them until that time limit.

I have a problem believing this based on all the new laws. To get refills on schedule drugs they MUST be done on hand written prescription pads.

No. Selling on the streets is going to be big business for drug dealers now.

Prices might go up, but it will be harder for Doctor shoppers to gather enough pills at one time for a big sale.

Then you are lucky. I have to see my doctor every two months for my refills on my pain medicine and now Neurotin that is considered a scheduled drug.

That could be the difference. I don't take pain pills.

Heh then why are you comparing your prescriptions to opioids? :dunno:

What B.S. Let doctors prescribe...Arrest those using with no script. Those that die are just part of Darwin. Next time you have a surgical procedure and the Doc prescribes aspirin, think back.

I did a little research, and I'm wrong. I don't like that for shit, but sometimes it happens, and I always admit it when I find credible proof that I was wrong. It's always a bad idea to argue for something that I know is not true. Thank you for the correction.

Question: Can controlled substance prescriptions be refilled?
Answer: Prescriptions for schedule II controlled substances cannot be refilled. A new prescription must be issued. Prescriptions for schedules III and IV controlled substances may be refilled up to five times in six months. Prescriptions for schedule V controlled substances may be refilled as authorized by the practitioner.
Questions & Answers - Prescriptions

I did a little research, and I'm wrong. I don't like that for shit, but sometimes it happens, and I always admit it when I find credible proof that I was wrong. It's always a bad idea to argue for something that I know is not true. Thank you for the correction.

Answer: Prescriptions for schedule II controlled substances cannot be refilled. A new prescription must be issued. Prescriptions for schedules III and IV controlled substances may be refilled up to five times in six months. Prescriptions for schedule V controlled substances may be refilled as authorized by the practitioner.

Believe me, I've been dealing with this system since 2005. You have to have a valid problem to get pain medicine that is verified by a quality MRI. Then you have to follow a complete treatment plan that includes trying physical therapy, and doing steroid injections. You have to sign a pain contract that says you will consent to urine test whenever asked, pill counts, and you can only fill your prescription at your designated pharmacy.

Oddly, up in Ohio one doctor had me on ER 30 mg Morphine twice per day. Now, years later and my back worse than before, I only get 75. mg Hydrocodone three times per day.

Believe me, I've been dealing with this system since 2005. You have to have a valid problem to get pain medicine that is verified by a quality MRI. Then you have to follow a complete treatment plan that includes trying physical therapy, and doing steroid injections. You have to sign a pain contract that says you will consent to urine test whenever asked, pill counts, and you can only fill your prescription at your designated pharmacy.

Oddly, up in Ohio one doctor had me on ER 30 mg Morphine twice per day. Now, years later and my back worse than before, I only get 75. mg Hydrocodone three times per day.

Opioids are killing lots of people on the streets. I guess they gotta do something to try to limit illicit use, but still let the legitimate users have access.

I get 6 refills for HCTZ, Atenenol, Lisinopril (HBP meds) and Levothyroxine (thyroid). For the norcos, I have to go in once a month and hand deliver the perscription and they will not fill it again until the 30 days expires. Period. Doc gave me a couple extra for stretched tendons in my hand, and I had to wait the 30 days to get the 3 extra pills!

Forum List

Back