Cutting the cord.

I have the Comcast triple screw you deal. Cable TV, and internet, and a landline phone. It's $250 a month. So thats $1,000 every 4 months. I really want to get something cheaper than that.

Mine is south central rural, 3 pak is close to $170. Internet is not bad, cable is, phone I don't really need

Keep in mind what I do...I have kept my cable service but I got rid of their equipment to cut my bill in half...but I still get a cable bill each month but its like $60 instead of $130 for example....one day I will cut out spectrum cable completely and stream only what I want...I have Netflix and Disney plus as well...

Interesting. I'll prob cut it completely though. Had intermittent cable and internet all week. Then the phone quit too, finally called. Less than an hour they were here, turns out my power supply went tits up. But I did not miss the cable anyway, watched some of my good dvd's

Satellite receivers, Dish and Direct TV are reasonable and offer great service. If you live in the city though I guess you are shit outa luck.

Not in the city at all. Very farm country. I had dish or direct in Maine, weather really affected it bad. Probably OK here, hard rains but not like the 8 months of 6-8 inches an hour snow like Maine, Could get my internet from them too I guess.
They've strengthened their signal (the Dish/DirectTV folks) because for years we had a lot of weather interruptions, but in the past few years, no. Hardly ever.

I cut the cord two months ago- I watch one movie a night on Prime- soon as The World of Outlaws sprint cars get going good (13 and 14th of next month) I'll stream all the races that aren't rained out- the only thing I miss with cable is the local Fox News who have a cute little reporter I always enjoyed seeing-
I tried an indoor antenna (I live in a bottom floor apt) and it didn't work worth a crap-
I did and still do read at least one book a week- that won't change no matter how much TV I watch or don't watch.

Haven't seen the world of outlaws, sounds good. I like the car shows. Pic of my outlaw below. I'm afraid I am too far from anything to use an ant. Closest is Bowling green 60 mi, maybe 2 stations. Then Lex, Louisville and Nash all over 100mi.

DzJUuvf.jpg

They've strengthened their signal (the Dish/DirectTV folks) because for years we had a lot of weather interruptions, but in the past few years, no. Hardly ever.

That's good to hear! Where I was in Maine (left 2010) the satellite was on the horizon, like the sun in winter. 2 hrs from Quebec. When it snowed, satellite was useless.

Forum List

Back