Cutting taxes sounds great till

are you guys stealing from your company by spending your day writing on this board instead of working, doing the job you were hired for, or is this the job you were hired for?

Why do you assume everyone here works for someone else?

I am my own boss and can do whatever the hell I want.

What a whinging weenie.

Clinton, a Democrat had two terms. Bush, a Republican, had two terms.

So, Boed, why don't you just put up a comparison chart for new job creation and deficits for those two Presidents. Double dare!

Clinton ignored the terrorists like a true demonRat. Bush fought them, Bush dealt with 9-11, a major hurricaine, and the crash of Wall Street. but before Pelosi got her hands on the gavel and racked up 5 trillion in debt I think the job market was fairly stable.

You have 100% defined what a DFC is willow. you should put a picture right next to DFC on your page so we would know right away what one looks like.

And the Tax system is fair how? if it were fair then everyone would pay into the system and those using the system would pay even higher amounts that would be be fair. The system as it stands now will collapse

The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid 40.4 percent of the total income taxes collected by the federal government — the highest percentage in modern history — while the top 1 percent paid 24.8 percent of the income tax burden.

The share of the tax burden borne by the top 1 percent now exceeds the share paid by the bottom 95 percent of taxpayers combined. In 2007, the bottom 95 percent paid 39.4 percent of the income tax burden. This is down from the 58 percent of the total income tax burden they paid twenty years ago.

To put this in perspective, the top 1 percent is comprised of just 1.4 million taxpayers and they pay a larger share of the income tax burden now than the bottom 134 million taxpayers combined.

073009taxes.jpg

James Pethokoukis

Last edited:
He is likely an hourly employee upset that he didnt pay more attention while in high school.

The kid knows nothing of how the tax code works.

The kid is nothing more then a leftist troll who thinks he knows what it is that he is talking about. After the three responses he should have realized he was in over his head LOL instead hold's his talking points up like some sort of unstoppable truth...you do have to laugh at the left. The time for pity has long since past.

Warren Buffet and Bill Gates know more about taxes than anybody here, and both state that the middle class pays a higher percentage of their income in taxes than do the wealthy.

Warren Buffett: Read My Lips, Raise My Taxes - ABC News

In an exclusive interview on "This Week," Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, told Christiane Amanpour that the rich should be paying more taxes and that the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy should be left to expire at the end of December.

More Video
Watch: Buffett Says Feds 'Did the Right Thing' in 2008
Watch: Madeleine Albright and Sen Lindsey Graham on START
Watch: Mike Mullen on the Future of Afghanistan (Part 1)"If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper middle class should even probably be cut further," Buffett said. "But I think that people at the high end -- people like myself -- should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it."

The full Buffett interview will air on a special Thanksgiving edition of "This Week" focused on The Giving Pledge, a major philanthropic effort spearheaded by Buffet, and Bill and Melinda Gates

See how naive you are?

Duh...

OF COURSE THE RICH PAY A LOWER PERCENTAGE OF THEIR INCOME THAN THE NON RICH.

But when it comes to TAXABLE INCOME it is a different story.

And what separates income from taxable income? The difference is money that the riuch forgo to charities and community projects....

You are way to naive to have this debate with.

You BRAGGED about a statistic that actually SUPPORTS our side of the debate..

You are out of your league.

are you guys stealing from your company by spending your day writing on this board instead of working, doing the job you were hired for, or is this the job you were hired for?

Why do you assume everyone here works for someone else?( I don't think most of you have a job other than being on here)

(hows the paper route going anyway?)

and this is the best place you can find for your time to be spent? LOL and your worried about where your tax dollars go to? RFLOL.

So, Boed, why don't you just put up a comparison chart for new job creation and deficits for those two Presidents. Double dare!

Clinton ignored the terrorists like a true demonRat. Bush fought them, Bush dealt with 9-11, a major hurricaine, and the crash of Wall Street. but before Pelosi got her hands on the gavel and racked up 5 trillion in debt I think the job market was fairly stable.

You have 100% defined what a DFC is willow. you should put a picture right next to DFC on your page so we would know right away what one looks like.

In other words....

Willow, you have now cited some information that I can not refute so I think it is best to just cast insults and hope it all goes away.

Be willing to bet I am am worth more than most of you righty's on here and pay more in taxes than most of you. But what does what I have or what you do has to do with paying a fair share to the system of govt.

As far as I'm concerned, your posts provide the board with evidence that even the poorest posters financially on this board has more worth. See worth is based on more than personal income.

And amazingly even those of us who have little worth were loved so much that God gave His only Son to die for us. Because all mankind has worth to Him.

Truth is most people aren't bitching about what they pay, but the rich bitch do it non stop. what the average guy is saying is why should I pay for all the things that the govt provides when little of it goes to them or is necessary because of them.

The only people not complaining, are those that aren't paying.

I see no reason why the government should be wasting any of my money. Nor why they should be putting my children and grandchildren into debt to pay for programs that 1) Don't work and 2) We don't need.

The rich keep trying to get more for less by taking it from the middle class, the people who spend the money.

There are no classes. Classes exist only as a political construct to divide people. Everyone around us is our brother or sister whether they make millions of dollars or pennies. We should be happy for our brethren when they are able to succeed and make money through their thrift, labor, and industry. I don't see how you can possibly conclude that the only reason some people are "rich" is because they steal from others.

Cutting cost to the right means three things, don't bother me with regulation, getting things paid for by someone else, and getting rid of things that don't benefit the rich in their pursuit of wealth.

Cutting costs means cutting costs. Period. Entitlement programs should be done away with because they create ingratitude, idleness, and sloth.

(hasn't happened by cutting taxes, and it's always a fact that we operate better under a democrat and create more jobs)

PURE BS, your side caused all the problems we have right now. The greed of the rich have sold our society down the tubes. Their crookedness has almost brought the world to the brink of disaster. and their desire to cut taxes has put the nation on a downturn towards the bottom for our nation in the standing's of the world.

What a whinging weenie.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on this site. No rational person believes that the sole impact on the economy is the President.

Clinton benefited from:
- The peace dividend due to the end of the Cold War
- The failure of Hillary Care
- The GOP House which forced a reform of welfare (remember, Clinton cited the end of BIG GOVERNMENT?)
- The Dotcom/Telecom/Y2K bubble
- The lingering impact of Reagan era's taming of inflation and reducing astronomical tax rates

Yes, we had strong economic growth, some of it structural some of it bubble related.

Contrast the above with:
- The bursting of the Dotcom/Telecom/Y2K bubble
- The impact of 9/11
- The resulting recession
- The improvement in the economy after the tax cuts were enacted
- Congress going Dem in 2006 and the resulting huge increase in spending

Clinton was dealt a lucky hand; Bush was not. Yet, the latter did not spend his entire terms screeching and blaming his predecessors.

In other words....

Willow, you have now cited some information that I can not refute so I think it is best to just cast insults and hope it all goes away.

I sent him is gubbmint check. signed it.. DFC.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(hasn't happened by cutting taxes, and it's always a fact that we operate better under a democrat and create more jobs)

PURE BS, your side caused all the problems we have right now. The greed of the rich have sold our society down the tubes. Their crookedness has almost brought the world to the brink of disaster. and their desire to cut taxes has put the nation on a downturn towards the bottom for our nation in the standing's of the world.

Sounds like it's more your greed and hatred causing the problems. What have the "rich" ever done to you?

Why do you assume everyone here works for someone else?( I don't think most of you have a job other than being on here)

(hows the paper route going anyway?)

and this is the best place you can find for your time to be spent? LOL and your worried about where your tax dollars go to? RFLOL.

I have 10 employees and I tend to get my work done very early in the morning.

I'll wager I get more done before 9 AM than you ever did in an entire day.

Where are the jobs? Such an asanine questions presumes it's someone elses job to make sure you have a job in the first place. Newsflash: it isn't.

So then, that still leaves us with the question: What is the economic policy of the country going to be? And on what basis will it be justified? Shall we cut taxes for the wealthy and further our debt and deficit problems? How is that going to benefit the country?

How about stopping the things that are killing off economic growth?

I know one thing is for sure, I am retired and fairly well off, but who is paying you guys to sit on this board 24/7. do any of you have a real JOB?

I highly doubt that. I'm highly skeptical that someone with such poor communication skills is well off. Now, I could be wrong, but still I'm skeptical.

I am sorry to hear that you are retired. I can't imagine not working. It's too much fun.

Nope. Not at all.

The beauty of having a job with flexible hours is I have flexible hours. :)

Where are the jobs? Such an asanine questions presumes it's someone elses job to make sure you have a job in the first place. Newsflash: it isn't.

So then, that still leaves us with the question: What is the economic policy of the country going to be? And on what basis will it be justified? Shall we cut taxes for the wealthy and further our debt and deficit problems? How is that going to benefit the country?

Get the insane spening under control then we'll talk about raising taxes. :eusa_whistle:

I know one thing is for sure, I am retired and fairly well off, but who is paying you guys to sit on this board 24/7. do any of you have a real JOB?

I highly doubt that. I'm highly skeptical that someone with such poor communication skills is well off. Now, I could be wrong, but still I'm skeptical.

I am sorry to hear that you are retired. I can't imagine not working. It's too much fun.

There's one plausible scenario where he could be relatively well off: he was a public employee union member who spiked his pay and ripped off taxpayers.

What a whinging weenie.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on this site. No rational person believes that the sole impact on the economy is the President.

Clinton benefited from:
- The peace dividend due to the end of the Cold War
- The failure of Hillary Care
- The GOP House which forced a reform of welfare (remember, Clinton cited the end of BIG GOVERNMENT?)
- The Dotcom/Telecom/Y2K bubble
- The lingering impact of Reagan era's taming of inflation and reducing astronomical tax rates

Yes, we had strong economic growth, some of it structural some of it bubble related.

Contrast the above with:
- The bursting of the Dotcom/Telecom/Y2K bubble
- The impact of 9/11
- The resulting recession
- The improvement in the economy after the tax cuts were enacted
- Congress going Dem in 2006 and the resulting huge increase in spending

Clinton was dealt a lucky hand; Bush was not. Yet, the latter did not spend his entire terms screeching and blaming his predecessors.

Stop with your facts.

You are ignoring the likely outcome....and you are using rhetoric to state your question.

So I will restate your quewstion without rhetoric and explain the expected outcome.

What is the economic policy of the country going to be? How will ctuting taxes on those that create the jobs going to create greater revenue and cut away at our debt and deficit problems?

If we cut our government spending; in particular on entitlement programs, we will be able to stop the talk of raising taxes on those that create our jobs...the business owners. Not fearing losing the ability to support their lifestyle, those business owners will once again begin to do what they have always done....strive to grow and make an impact. As they grow, they will need to hire; need to expand technology; need to use more services...and this will increase those that are employed and therefore we will have more people paying taxes and thus greater tax revenue....AND...less people will feel the need for the entitlement progrmas that have been eliminated.

There...is that so tough to understand?

Oh, oh, oh, pick me Mister Kottaire.

Cutting taxes sound great until the economy improves, companies start investing and hiring, people and businesses work less hard to avoid taxes and government revenue goes up as it has for every tax cut in history.

Hmmm...I thought I had that one, but they still sound great...

If tax cuts are the answer to all of our problems, and if tax cuts always increase revenues, then why don't we just cut taxes to zero. Apparently, your argument that every tax cut increases revenues would suggest that we would get the greatest return by cutting taxes to zero. Or is there a point when the formula no longer works?

yeah lets just not have a tax and see how far our governments go.

No one here is arguing for no taxes. Next stupid comment please.

New Topics

Forum List

Back