Cutting taxes sounds great till

(hasn't happened by cutting taxes, and it's always a fact that we operate better under a democrat and create more jobs)

PURE BS, your side caused all the problems we have right now. The greed of the rich have sold our society down the tubes. Their crookedness has almost brought the world to the brink of disaster. and their desire to cut taxes has put the nation on a downturn towards the bottom for our nation in the standing's of the world.

What a whinging weenie.

yeah lets just not have a tax and see how far our governments go.

No first we need to break the Left of spending money we don't have. You do understand our nation is very close to being insolvent from all the out of control spending this administration done.(why has there been what you call out of control spending? Want to take a look at where we would have been if Obama hadn't followed through on saving our economy?)

Once that is done we provide incentives to business to expand thus generate more tax receipts while at the same time as increasing the number of employed.
(hasn't happened by cutting taxes, and it's always a fact that we operate better under a democrat and create more jobs)

PURE BS, your side caused all the problems we have right now. The greed of the rich have sold our society down the tubes. Their crookedness has almost brought the world to the brink of disaster. and their desire to cut taxes has put the nation on a downturn towards the bottom for our nation in the standing's of the world.

The greed and crookedeness of the rich?

Are you saying the non rich are not greedy and crooked?

Who do you think was more likely to sign a loan application with a lie...

A man earning 300K a year or a man earning 35K a year?

I mean...you are aware that many of those loans that went south were due to the no income check policy of banks and POOR PEOPLE lying about their income on the apps......no?

Cutting taxes sounds great till...

Oh, oh, oh, pick me Mister Kottaire.

Cutting taxes sound great until the economy improves, companies start investing and hiring, people and businesses work less hard to avoid taxes and government revenue goes up as it has for every tax cut in history.

Hmmm...I thought I had that one, but they still sound great...

Really? So the government revenue went up because of the Bush tax cuts? That is why business and unemployment is so great at present?

More trickle down bullshit. It is 'piss on the peon' and always has been.

A sane policy would be to revert back to the tax structure under Clinton for everybody, then begin real infrastructure investment.

Be willing to bet I am am worth more than most of you righty's on here and pay more in taxes than most of you. But what does what I have or what you do has to do with paying a fair share to the system of govt.

Truth is most people aren't bitching about what they pay, but the rich bitch do it non stop. what the average guy is saying is why should I pay for all the things that the govt provides when little of it goes to them or is necessary because of them.
The rich keep trying to get more for less by taking it from the middle class, the people who spend the money.

Cutting cost to the right means three things, don't bother me with regulation, getting things paid for by someone else, and getting rid of things that don't benefit the rich in their pursuit of wealth.

That is a very small world you live in, simply amazing how you paint everything with the with such broad strokes. Put the koolaid down, stop reading the propaganda and just think for yourself you'll find that world is much larger .

Unlikely but it never hurts to suggest it.

He is likely an hourly employee upset that he didnt pay more attention while in high school.

The kid knows nothing of how the tax code works.

The kid is nothing more then a leftist troll who thinks he knows what it is that he is talking about. After the three responses he should have realized he was in over his head LOL instead hold's his talking points up like some sort of unstoppable truth...you do have to laugh at the left. The time for pity has long since past.

What a whinging weenie.

Clinton, a Democrat had two terms. Bush, a Republican, had two terms.

So, Boed, why don't you just put up a comparison chart for new job creation and deficits for those two Presidents. Double dare!

Our government has never been Laissez-faire and we are nothing close to it now.

Don't make me go through making a time line of regulatory changes of the last 30 years... Just trust me when I tell you Greenspan was probably the biggest proponent of de-regulation in modern history, and he had the political levers to institute his will 99% of the time.

I'm not saying that people like Greenspan and others haven't attempted to take us in that direction, but even with their efforts we are nowhere near Laissez-faire. There is regulation galore at every level of government in this country.

edit: and thank you, for not mentioning CFL lightbulbs.

:lol: You're welcome.

Trending more towards laissez faire; not "is" laissez faire. The results thus far have been disastrous, and all I hear is that we need to do MORE laissez faire?

There's no uncertainty about what happened a few years ago. The private sector was allowed to exert profound influence on the money supply, which they inflated to ridiculously high numbers, and skimmed all the cream off the top for themselves before the big collapse.

How anyone could look at that preponderance of events and conclude "IF THEY JUST CUT TAXES MORE IT WOULD SOLVE EVERYTHING!" is beyond me. Banksters in all likelyhood adore the fact that we're ready to have a civil war over 3.9% of the highest tax bracket (yes it's an exaggeration, spare me) while they continue to own our asses.

Know who said these famous words and meant it.

famously called "haves and the have-mores . . . some people call you the elite. I call you my base."

This should be put on every republicans quotes as it speaks volume as to who they are and who they represent.

nothing to say republicans, or is it your new excuse, it belongs to us anyway. We don't owe anything extra just because we benefit so much.

Is writing complete sentence with correct grammar and punctuation too much to ask?

Why are you so obsessed with taking other people's money anyway?

Cutting taxes sounds great till...

Cutting taxes sound great until the economy improves, companies start investing and hiring, people and businesses work less hard to avoid taxes and government revenue goes up as it has for every tax cut in history.

Really? So the government revenue went up because of the Bush tax cuts? That is why business and unemployment is so great at present?

More trickle down bullshit. It is 'piss on the peon' and always has been.

A sane policy would be to revert back to the tax structure under Clinton for everybody, then begin real infrastructure investment.

Revenue goes up when the economy is growing.

Cutting taxes is far more likely to spur (note, one R) economic growth that is RAISING TAXES IN A MORIBUND ECONOMY.

Empirical evidence in the U.S. and around the world support this view. The U.S. now has the highest marginal corporate tax rate of the OECD nations, and yet you leftwing moonbats don't connect the very obvious "lack of job growth" dot.

That is a very small world you live in, simply amazing how you paint everything with the with such broad strokes. Put the koolaid down, stop reading the propaganda and just think for yourself you'll find that world is much larger .

Unlikely but it never hurts to suggest it.

He is likely an hourly employee upset that he didnt pay more attention while in high school.

The kid knows nothing of how the tax code works.

The kid is nothing more then a leftist troll who thinks he knows what it is that he is talking about. After the three responses he should have realized he was in over his head LOL instead hold's his talking points up like some sort of unstoppable truth...you do have to laugh at the left. The time for pity has long since past.

Warren Buffet and Bill Gates know more about taxes than anybody here, and both state that the middle class pays a higher percentage of their income in taxes than do the wealthy.

Warren Buffett: Read My Lips, Raise My Taxes - ABC News

In an exclusive interview on "This Week," Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, told Christiane Amanpour that the rich should be paying more taxes and that the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy should be left to expire at the end of December.

More Video
Watch: Buffett Says Feds 'Did the Right Thing' in 2008
Watch: Madeleine Albright and Sen Lindsey Graham on START
Watch: Mike Mullen on the Future of Afghanistan (Part 1)"If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper middle class should even probably be cut further," Buffett said. "But I think that people at the high end -- people like myself -- should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it."

The full Buffett interview will air on a special Thanksgiving edition of "This Week" focused on The Giving Pledge, a major philanthropic effort spearheaded by Buffet, and Bill and Melinda Gates

I know one thing is for sure, I am retired and fairly well off, but who is paying you guys to sit on this board 24/7. do any of you have a real JOB?

What a whinging weenie.

Clinton, a Democrat had two terms. Bush, a Republican, had two terms.

So, Boed, why don't you just put up a comparison chart for new job creation and deficits for those two Presidents. Double dare!

Clinton ignored the terrorists like a true demonRat. Bush fought them, Bush dealt with 9-11, a major hurricaine, and the crash of Wall Street. but before Pelosi got her hands on the gavel and racked up 5 trillion in debt I think the job market was fairly stable.

I know one thing is for sure, I am retired and fairly well off, but who is paying you guys to sit on this board 24/7. do any of you have a real JOB?

I'm retired too. Who did you work for that you managed to be well off? China? Surely not an American business. Tell us it wasn't an American business. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

are you guys stealing from your company by spending your day writing on this board instead of working, doing the job you were hired for, or is this the job you were hired for?

The rich are not paying nearly the % of their income in all taxes as the average guy does after what the govt has said is what a normal family of four needs to survive and is exempt for every family.

What percentage of money should the rich be paying? Who qualifies as rich?

If tax cuts are the answer to all of our problems, and if tax cuts always increase revenues, then why don't we just cut taxes to zero. Apparently, your argument that every tax cut increases revenues would suggest that we would get the greatest return by cutting taxes to zero. Or is there a point when the formula no longer works?

Sounds good to me.

I'm retired too. Who did you work for that you managed to be well off? China? Surely not an American business. Tell us it wasn't an American business. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

are you guys stealing from your company by spending your day writing on this board instead of working, doing the job you were hired for, or is this the job you were hired for?

?????

Your choices are inadequate, and I have a policy of not responding to "have you quit beating your wife" style questions.

Last edited:
If tax cuts are the answer to all of our problems, and if tax cuts always increase revenues, then why don't we just cut taxes to zero. Apparently, your argument that every tax cut increases revenues would suggest that we would get the greatest return by cutting taxes to zero. Or is there a point when the formula no longer works?

No first we need to break the Left of spending money we don't have. You do understand our nation is very close to being insolvent from all the out of control spending this administration done.

Once that is done we provide incentives to business to expand thus generate more tax receipts while at the same time as increasing the number of employed.

This administration is hardly the only one to blame. Just the most recently and egregious.

I own my own small business. Been a tough stretch for us but I am glad to say I opted not to lay off anyone. I have one employee making more than I am right now as I am barely taking anything out of the company...but preparing for the good times to come down the road.

To ensure my employees are busy, I have spread out a lot of the crap I used to do to them...leaving me very little to do with the execption of ruinning payroll....and wining and dining our clients in anticipation of their return to using our service.

What is your excuse Mr. Moneybags?

New Topics

Forum List

Back