Cutting taxes sounds great till

It's my true belief that 80% of the bottom dwellers could do everything right and would never be able to get past poverty level. Just the fact that there are 50 million people who are unemployed/ or given up looking for now, not counting those who will always be poor and unemployable for the most part, tells us that there isn't a road to get everyone out of the poverty that we have, there aren't enough jobs as many people right now are working two part time or low pay jobs to make ends meet.

You're belief is wrong. I don't how much more simple it can be made for you. The problem is there are people like you that want a certain action (or lack of action as the case may be) to generate income. When the fact is those actions aren't very efficient at generating large amounts of income. Doing a job for 40-50 hours a week that many many other people have the skills to do or could easily be trained to do is not going to make you wealthy. It's that simple. I spend a lot of time observing people too. And I certainly haven't observed and you probably can't honestly say you have either, that 80% of the people you know are engaging in the actions necessary to generate more income. There is no shortage of jobs I can promise you that. Put a resume on monster and/or career builder and watch how many job openinings get into your mailbox. I did this past winter. I had half a dozen outright job offers in two weeks. There is no shortage of jobs. There is a shortage of people with the skills to do them because most of the people are fucks like you that want more for nothing.

Where do people get this idea that everyone who is poor has gotten there because of the fact they are lazy?

Where do people get the idea that everything bad that happens to you can't possibly be your own damn fault? I get the idea because it is observable day in a day out. I know what the people around me make and spend enough time around them to know what they're NOT doing to earn more money. They're woman that decided to become single mothers. They're people that decided not to go to college. They're people that just plain don't have the ambition. They're people that would rather occupy there time doing things that aren't conducive to accumulating wealth and that's fine. But there are specific things one can do to generate income. If you choose not to do those things beause you'd rather be doing something else you have not right to complain about not having the amount of money you would like to have.

There is no greater proof then myself for this. Guess what? I'm not rich. Hell I'm practically poverty level, low 20k a year income. I ought to be bitching like you about how it's everyone elses fault I'm not making more money right? Except unlike you, and this is the shocking thing given how much older than me you must be, I have the ability to be objective and honest with myself and the honest answer is there are a lot of things I know i could do differently that would help me make more money. I'm just not doing them because I suppose I've decided conciously or otherwise, good enough is good enough. I may like to make more but apparently I am not uncomfortable enough yet with the sutation to take action and do anything about it. But I know for certain i have not exhausted my options until then I don't feel i have the right to blame anyone but myself for my current level of income.

average middle class person earns around 51,000 and has a family of 3+ average.

The typical deduction for this group is around 25,000, so they pay taxes on around 26,000.

but they pay SS and med tax on 51,000.

7% of 51,000 is around 3500 SS tax
15% of 26000 is another 4000 income tax
average real estate tax(renters) 1500
state tax 6% 1500
gas tax $.48 gal (500 gals)250
sales tax 6% of 26,000 1500
Fees, other taxes 200

12,400 to taxes

approx 25% of total income in taxes on $51,000
if you take the figure that the govt allows for average deductions
you would have paid about 48% of taxable income

the rich (top20%) pay like 32% of their total income after the same deductions that are allowed to those making 51,000 plus other deductions that the middle class don't have access to.

the middle class has 39,000 to take care of a family of 3+ after taxes to pay for everything from food, to home cost(buying or renting), to clothes, to entertainment to ed. of kids, to medical and savings, to gas for car, and home electrical and gas. Not to mention emergencies.

The middle class pays a much higher after deductions tax portion of income that is 1 1/2 times that of the rich. it's a fact.

Ummmmm the middle class doesn't have access to those deductions because you can't deduct something from nothing, you idiot.

How exatly did you figure that the middle class pays 1.5 x more than the rich cause I'm not seeing your math working out.

"The middle class pays a much higher after deductions tax portion of income that is 1 1/2 times that of the rich. it's a fact."

And here's a crazy idea. No one ever promised you 39k would be enough to raise a family of 3, so if it's not enough stop pissing and moaning and figure out how to make more.

they end up paying 48% tax of some kind on all their income after the standard deductions everyone gets.

the rich pay like 32% of their total income in some form of tax after their standard deduction everyone gets.

I did not say they pay 1 1/2 times as much, their tax rate is 1 1/2 times as high, is what I am saying on all income after the govt's standard deductions are taken.

a person making 51,000 and he has 26,000 in taxable income will pay around 13,000.00 in some form of tax on that 26,000.

a persom making 1,000,000 will have a 975,000 taxable income after min deduction but will end up paying only around 32% of that 975,000 in some form of tax.

26,000/13,000=50%,
975,000/320,000=32%

Except you're not comparing apples to apples. In the 51k group you're figuring all of the taxes they've paid whether it be income, sales, excise whatever. For the 1,000,000 you are counting only their income tax rate it seems and forgetting about the sales and excise taxes they're paying.

The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011

How many people on here believe that we are better off as a country since we went to reducing the tax rates? Has the Have Nots grown the most or the Haves?
During the 1900's we had three big wars and several skirmishes and a few glitches here and there where things got out of kilter. The stock market crash sent people to jumping off buildings.

So were we better off when we had one worker and one homemaker, or are we now with two and sometimes both of them working more than a job?

I think lowering taxes and increasing wealth opportunities has created such a greed glut that America may never be that shinning beacon that most people have wanted to be a part of again as it used to be for so many. A place to come, raise a family, have a job and own a home and hopefully their kids will have a decent life as they go out on their own.

the haves who have more than they really need only want one thing, MORE!

OK blast me and tell me HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU NEED! When it becomes so much that to gain more of it is the only thing that you live for, you have too much.:cool:

Last edited:
"•All 50 states have a combined corporate tax rate higher than fifth-ranked France.
Thus, if lawmakers are serious about making the U.S. corporate tax system more competitive internationally, corporate tax rates will have to be reduced both in Washington and in state capitals. State officials should be champions of substantial cuts in the federal corporate tax rate because there is only so much they can do to improve their own competitiveness. After all, even corporations that operate in the three states that do not impose a major state-level corporate tax—Nevada, South Dakota, and Wyoming—still shoulder a higher corporate tax rate than fifth-ranked France and 24 other OECD countries because of the 35 percent federal corporate rate.

The U.S. is among eight countries with extra corporate tax rates imposed by state or local levels of government. While the burden of these state-level taxes is somewhat lessened because they can be deducted from federal taxes, they do add a second layer of tax and also add considerable complexity for multi-state and multi-national businesses."

The Tax Foundation - U.S. States Lead the World in High Corporate Taxes

The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011

How many people on here believe that we are better off as a country since we went to reducing the tax rates? Has the Have Nots grown the most or the Haves?
During the 1900's we had three big wars and several skirmishes and a few glitches here and there where things got out of kilter. The stock market crash sent people to jumping off buildings.

So were we better off when we had one worker and one homemaker, or are we now with two and sometimes both of them working more than a job?

I think lowering taxes and increasing wealth opportunities has created such a greed glut that America may never be that shinning beacon that most people have wanted to be a part of again as it used to be for so many. A place to come, raise a family, have a job and own a home and hopefully their kids will have a decent life as they go out on their own.

the haves who have more than they really need only want one thing, MORE!

OK blast me and tell me HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU NEED! When it becomes so much that to gain more of it is the only thing that you live for, you have too much.:cool:

Check out my sig line.

You whine about the same thing everyday. Can't you find something new to whine about?

I think we're worse off for letting the government grow into a beast. We were better off before we added the fed in 1913.

It is said that WW was maybe the best president we have had, and he put America on the right track, but you disagree?

American President: Woodrow Wilson

WW was one of the worst presidents the US has ever had. Wilson was a proponent of eugenics, deemed first generation immigrants- hypenated Americans, and he played into anti-communist sentiment which brought us closer to fascism than we had ever been before.

New Topics

Forum List

Back