Cutting medicare to feed obamacare..again.

Entitlement programs, mainly Medicare, will be cut by no less than $400 billion — and perhaps a lot more, to get Republicans to swallow those tax hikes. There will be at least $1.2 trillion in spending cuts and “war savings.” And any final deal will come not by a group effort but in a private deal between two men: Obama and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). The two men had what one insider described as a short, curt conversation Wednesday night — but the private lines of communications remain very much open.

Read more: Inside the talks: Fiscal framework emerges - Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

I thought seniors were part of the GOP "base"?

Why do Republicans hate our seniors so much?

Geezz...you're a fool.
Not wonder you vote Democrat

1. It’s been a tough week for our left wing friends, so let’s give them a chance to use the ‘I don’t see the connection’ gambit. Let’s let ‘em say they can’t connect the dots.

a)Democrat Tom Daschle, original nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department, and says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them.
Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan: Betsy McCaughey - Bloomberg

b) Democrat Governor Dick Lamm once created a firestorm in Colorado (a few years after leaving the Governor’s office) when he said: “the elderly have a duty to die.”

c) A key [Democrat] administration figure committed to cost cutting is Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget and brother of Rahm Emanuel, the president's chief of staff wants doctors to look beyond the needs of their own patient and consider social justice. They should think about whether the money being spent on their patient could be better spent elsewhere.
Defend Your Healthcare

3. "Beyond Obamacare...WE need death panels.
"...unless we start allocating health care resources more prudently — rationing, by its proper name — the exploding cost of Medicare will swamp the federal budget.
...in the pantheon of toxic issues — the famous “third rails” of American politics — none stands taller than overtly acknowledging that elderly Americans are not entitled to every conceivable medical procedure or pharmaceutical.
In 2009, Sarah Palin’s rant about death panels even forced elimination from the bill of a provision to offer end-of-life consultations.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/17/opinion/health-care-reform-beyond-obamacare.html

The above written by Democrat Steven Rattner, formerly part of the Democrat Obama administration.

Dunce.

It's the same as always, they have forced these cuts but want to chicken out or somehow escape the fallout. You guys wanted spending cuts so you are getting spending cuts, quitcherbitchin.

Also Boehner and Obama were also trying to make a deal during the debt ceiling stunt, and he lost control of republican caucus not being able to guarantee the votes on anything the two may have worked out. I am wondering if the teabaggers have leaned how to play with the rest of the kids yet.

He's cutting at the insistence of the Republicans that he compromise. You're just never happy are you? Sick analogy, BTW. Should neg you, but I've heard enough whining for one day.

It's not a compromise, everything is going according to the Obama plan.

I think in two years we'll start offing the elderly and/or disabled. I saw this coming when Obama was elected the first time.

He's cutting at the insistence of the Republicans that he compromise. You're just never happy are you? Sick analogy, BTW. Should neg you, but I've heard enough whining for one day.
You need to engage your brain before replying.

What is he cutting?

As a result of these alleged cuts, has the government spending gone down at all?

Or has he just moved spending to another program and you clowns buy the argument that he cut spending?

Isn't it funny how Republicans hated Medicare one day, and then began loving it when it was put on the chopping block by Obama the next day?

Tomorrow they will hate it again when they demand entitlement cuts to go along with Obama's tax hikes.

You need a program to keep up with all the hypocrisy.

I think Republicans have lost their way and now just want to scare seniors when it suits them.

Last edited:
Also Boehner and Obama were also trying to make a deal during the debt ceiling stunt, and he lost control of republican caucus not being able to guarantee the votes on anything the two may have worked out. I am wondering if the teabaggers have leaned how to play with the rest of the kids yet.
They did NOT lose control of the republican caucus. Boner was out of line and had to be snapped back, hard.

Last edited:

It's not a compromise, everything is going according to the Obama plan.

I think in two years we'll start offing the elderly and/or disabled. I saw this coming when Obama was elected the first time.

Methamphetamine Psychosis

shocker

Isn't it funny how Republicans hated Medicare one day, and then began loving it when it was put on the chopping block by Obama the next day?

Tomorrow they will hate it again when they demand entitlement cuts to go along with Obama's tax hikes.

You need a program to keep up with all the hypocrisy.

I think Republicans have lost their way and now just want to scare seniors when it suits them.

Isn't it funny how progressive slime said they'd never touch medicare to fund obamacare...

The did NOT lose control of the republican caucus. Boner was out of line and had to be snapped back, hard.

I take that to mean that republicans were not interested in a deal that might cut the things they like, and you have the nerve to bitch about Obama not being interested in compromise, caving in to demands you mean.

Forum List

Back