Cuts to Medicaid May Limit Access to Nursing Homes

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Source: MSN/New York Times
Medicaid pays for most of the 1.4 million elderly people in nursing homes, like Ms. Jacobs. It covers 20 percent of all Americans and 40 percent of poor adults.

On Thursday, Senate Republicans joined their House colleagues in proposing steep cuts to Medicaid, part of the effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Conservatives hope to roll back what they see as an expanding and costly health care entitlement. But little has been said about what would happen to older Americans in nursing homes if these cuts took effect.

Under federal law, state Medicaid programs are required to cover nursing home care. But state officials decide how much to pay facilities, and states under budgetary pressure could decrease the amount they are willing to pay or restrict eligibility for coverage.

“The states are going to make it harder to qualify medically for needing nursing home care,” predicted Toby S. Edelman, a senior policy attorney at the Center for Medicare Advocacy. “They’d have to be more disabled before they qualify for Medicaid assistance.”

Read more: Cuts to Medicaid May Limit Access to Nursing Homes

Hey, republicans, are you ready to wipe grannies ass and pay out of pocket for her pills? Ready to work your ass off and be a nurse at the same time. This is what you're aasking for. You asked for it, you might get it, Toyota!!!

Medicaid pays for most of the 1.4 million elderly people in nursing homes, like Ms. Jacobs. It covers 20 percent of all Americans and 40 percent of poor adults.

On Thursday, Senate Republicans joined their House colleagues in proposing steep cuts to Medicaid, part of the effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Conservatives hope to roll back what they see as an expanding and costly health care entitlement. But little has been said about what would happen to older Americans in nursing homes if these cuts took effect.

Under federal law, state Medicaid programs are required to cover nursing home care. But state officials decide how much to pay facilities, and states under budgetary pressure could decrease the amount they are willing to pay or restrict eligibility for coverage.

“The states are going to make it harder to qualify medically for needing nursing home care,” predicted Toby S. Edelman, a senior policy attorney at the Center for Medicare Advocacy. “They’d have to be more disabled before they qualify for Medicaid assistance.”

Hey, republicans, are you ready to wipe grannies ass and pay out of pocket for her pills? Ready to work your ass off and be a nurse at the same time. This is what you're aasking for. You asked for it, you might get it, Toyota!!!

Huh?

Who do you think is footing the bill for Medicaid...The Russians?"

Conservative are awfully quiet in this thread. I wonder why.

Cuts to medicaid is a logical fallacy. I think it just isnt being expanded as much.
In fact, it still expands, just not as much.
You and the media are fucking pathetic.

Cuts to medicaid is a logical fallacy. I think it just isnt being expanded as much.
Harley gets factchecked Conway's Mostly False claim GOP bill doesn't cut Medicaid
that says the exact same thing i said except they spun it as a cut. They are even basing that off ESTIMATES. Try reading, goober :thup:
You didn't read the article, because you falsely stated that PolitiFact said the said
Harley gets factchecked Conway's Mostly False claim GOP bill doesn't cut Medicaid
that says the exact same thing i said except they spun it as a cut. They are even basing that off ESTIMATES. Try reading, goober :thup:
You lied about politifact saying the same thing you said. Politifact noted that Trumpcare cuts the number of people eligible for Medicaid. That's not what you said.

However, the proposals include policy changes that will leave fewer people eligible for Medicaid. That’s a cut.

In your next comment, you will explain why you read only a portion of the article.

You didn't read the article, because you falsely stated that PolitiFact said the said
You lied about politifact saying the same thing you said. Politifact noted that Trumpcare cuts the number of people eligible for Medicaid. That's not what you said.

However, the proposals include policy changes that will leave fewer people eligible for Medicaid. That’s a cut.

In your next comment, you will explain why you read only a portion of the article.
how does it cut the number of people eligible for it?

First things first. You must type, "I lied about Politifact saying the same thing I said". And then you may question me. Don't just shoot lies and then play dumb as if you didn't lie.

I am correcting your so you won't lie in this message board again. If you don't type your confession in the next comment, I will put you on ignore for lying and non-responsiveness.

First things first. You must type, "I lied about Politifact saying the same thing I said". And then you may question me. Don't just shoot lies and then play dumb as if you didn't lie.

I am correcting your so you won't lie in this message board again. If you don't type your confession in the next comment, I will put you on ignore for lying and non-responsiveness.
They did say what i said genius. You fucking posted it. I just didnt say what the entire article said. But i did read only the first few paragraphs because they said what i said :D
Do i need to post the definition of "lie?"
Now, will you answer the question?

Fake News.
You could write 100 variables of "What if" and "Could happen" ..."may happen".....where were these articles when Obama raided medicaid to pay for Obamacare??

They did say what i said genius. You fucking posted it. I just didnt say what the entire article said. But i did read only the first few paragraphs because they said what i said :D
PolitiFact referred to eligibility cuts when they concluded that Medicaid was cut, and you lied about their argument being the same thing you said. It's as if I said that PolitiFact and I both typed the word" the", therefore we said the same thing.

Because you lied to U S Message Board, you are now ignored. And you got factchecked, Mr. Mostly False.

Get to the Democrat Party's preferred "single payer" and grannie will get on a waiting list to be seen by a triage nurse who'll rule that she's no longer productive so be put on a protocol that will ensure a "timely" death but without pain.

PolitiFact referred to eligibility cuts when they concluded that Medicaid was cut, and you lied about their argument being the same thing you said. It's as if I said that PolitiFact and I both typed the word" the", therefore we said the same thing.

Because you lied to U S Message Board, you are now ignored. And you got factchecked, Mr. Mostly False.
:lol:

From this we can safely conclude that liberals so despise their grandparents that they would rather see them die than personally give them the slightest bit of home care.

Wonderful.

Forum List

Back