Cute Things Kids Say

I have a ton of them, but yesterday I asked a student what was the capital of Indiana.

She said:

"Capital I " :lol:

I caught my nephew when he was 2 and a half going through the fridge one day. He had a thing of old cottage cheese in his hand.

I took it from from him and said "Ewww, don't touch that, it stinks."

To which he replied, "It's the Yankees?"

His mother and I damn near fell over laughing. Every relative was notified within the hour.

Yeah ... I think I'll keep him around.

son was very young..we were in a pet store and he wanted a hamster...i keep saying...no its nocturnal...i told him this several times before he looked at me and said..."i know its not a turtle"

My friend and I were driving our two year olds to school, they got into an argument about who's dad was, 'the biggest pig.' Well my ex would have won hands down, but the kids were talking about food. ;)

When my daughter was 2, she hit another girl at the playground. The little girl was crying so I asked her, "Why did you hit her?"

She matter-of-factly replied, "Because she was PEATING."

In our house, to save our own sanity, we made a rule that you couldn't repeat. We never hit her if she didn't abide by the rule, but she decided that she was going to be the "Do Not Repeat" police that day and mete out her own justice. :eek:

I laughed about it afterwards, but the little girl's daddy wasn't happy. :evil:

"Plug it out, plug it out!"

When my son was very young, he was afraid of the noise from the vacuum cleaner. We had been cleaning the living room and he inadvertantly turned the vacuum cleaner on. He knew what it meant to "plug it in," but he didn't know how to say "unplug it" so he said "Plug it out, plug it out!"

Last edited:
I was in our car waiting for her mother when a flcok of birds landed in our yard.

My daughter, a big fan of the Seseme Street system of counting, and at the time around four years old, saw them she pointed saying:

Oh look, Daddy. Six birds 1, 2, 5, 6.

"1, 2, 5, 6?!" I said. "What happened to 3 and 4?"

"They're in the trees!, " she said to me as though I was totally clueless.

Sure enough, four birds had landed on the ground, and two of them (presumably birds 3 and 4) were in the tree.

Last edited:
when my sister was little instead of saying no when asked to do something she would say " I can't want to".

We moved into our present house three weeks before Christmas and two months before my youngest turned two. She called Christmas 'Friffrin' (no clue how show translated that one). We all thought it was sooo cute so we all started saying 'Merry Friffrin' and 'Friffrin tree' and couldn't wait for Christmas when everyone would come up and hear her say it. Three days before Christmas I guess she'd had it with us, because plain as day and clear as a bell she said 'It's not friffrin, it's Christmas'. And that was that!

My son used to tell us about his pairnation.

It took us for ever to figure out what he was talking about.

Its the image you have when after looking at something that you have etched into your retina and then close your eyes and can briefly see.

We have no idea why he gave it that name.

We moved into our home when our son was about 2.

Since he still couldn't pronounce OUR, he used to refer to our wetlands as WEIR swamp.

To this day, that's the name I and his mother use to describe it, too.

Such gems as these are really what makes life worth living, I think.

We moved into our home when our son was about 2.

Since he still couldn't pronounce OUR, he used to refer to our wetlands as WEIR swamp.

To this day, that's the name I and his mother use to describe it, too.

Such gems as these are really what makes life worth living, I think.

Imagination........Pairnation.

It was as close as I got to figuring it out.

ooooooo i got a brand new car in 1986....all new....smelly and shiney....we would joke about anyone could have a brand new car for 30 days..apparently we had joked about this a lot..as the $186.00 dollar a month payment seemed like a lot.... so someone ask my son ...how he liked the new car...

his reply...we are only keeping it 30 days

At thanksgiving dinner one year my nephew wanted to be the one to say grace. He was 4 years old and had heard the other kids say grace before:

God is great, God is good,
Let us thank him for our food.
Amen

So my nephew said grace:

God is great, God is good
Thank you for the lettuce
Amen

:lol:

My then 5 year old boy was sent to bed and he had to sleep with the light on. Him and his brother were talking and laughing for an extended period of time. Husband would shout up the stairs many times to be quiet. As hub and I were upstairs getting ready for bed ourselves, Hub moved close to their room, said "If I hear another peep out of you the light goes off" A very short pause and then the 5 year old said "Daddy, if you hear two peeps will the light go back on".

The 13 year old just asked me:

"What does nothing look like?"

I've wondered that myself, many a time. I think your daughter sounds :cool:!

Yeah, she's ok for a teen! :lol:

I told her 'air' looks like nothing, then we got in a big debate so she could prove me wrong. So I emailed my best friend who is a scientist to see what they thought!

Forum List

Back