Cut the Budget!

And notice, the recipient of the obscene government employee pension thinks he has some street cred on sustainable government.

You're very annoying Revere. As I've posted several times, you're a liar and have no shame in posting the same lie time after time.

Stick a hot poker up your ass.

I'm not some schlub whose door gets knocked on by your union goons in the middle of the night.

Have some shame for raping the taxpayers of California.

Simple solutions to complex problems is all the Republican and tea party players ever suggest. Cut taxes, cut regulations is about all their tiny little brains are capable of understanding. The consequences of such cuts never occur to them, and in this lies their strength.
Debate with Revere or CrusaderFrank is akin to debate with a recording of the same country and western song - the same refrain over and over and over.

English translation: I have no argument to counter what either CF or Revere said, so I have to resort to an Alinsky #5: Ridicule with a side of schmear.

Dept of Ed...adios!

Dept of Energy...Ciao!

HUD...goodbye!

All Czars...arriverderci!

Congress budget gets cut in half, one staffer per Congressman and Senator, Congress meets only once a month.

SocSec partially privatized.

Tennessee Valley, Rural Electrificatio, Fannie and Freddie Goodbyeeeee!

so, is THIS what we should expect in cuts by our elected republicans/conservatives right after november?

somehow, i find it hard to believe they would come near those suggestions....

sooooo, where does REALITY come in to the picture? WHAT will actually be done by them to cut a trillion point two?

maybe they will vote themselves a pay cut?

Is the OP:

1. Too stupid to use a simple search function to ascertain how many times we have had the same question.

2. So full of himself that he thinks he doesn't have to use the search function.

3. Another fucking sock puppet.

Dept of Ed...adios!

Dept of Energy...Ciao!

HUD...goodbye!

Congress budget gets cut in half, one staffer per Congressman and Senator, Congress meets only once a month.

so, is THIS what we should expect in cuts by our elected republicans/conservatives right after november?

sooooo, where does REALITY come in to the picture? WHAT will actually be done by them to cut a trillion point two?

maybe they will vote themselves a pay cut?

if we only could be so lucky!

they could stop a cost of living raise going through, but CUT their existing salaries, not a chance!

==================

unless the department of defense is listed in cuts, we don't stand a prayer in making the budget, a balanced budget...it is about 3/4's of discretionary spending! :eek:

Dept of Ed...adios!

Dept of Energy...Ciao!

HUD...goodbye!

It's all on the table.

We simply cannot run up trillion deficits anymore

Still not one concrete proposal for a balanced budget. Not one. Idiotic soundbites like "everything is on the table"? Really? Is the entire DoD budget really on the table?

Morons.

Dept of Ed...adios!

Dept of Energy...Ciao!

HUD...goodbye!

It's all on the table.

i agree, we can't....but it took 10 YEARS of adding to the budget to get us to this point in humongous deficits, and it will take at least the same, to correct it.

even if we went back to 2008 levels of spending, we would have 400 billion dollars MORE in deficit spending than we did in 2008 due to the fact that we are collecting near 400 billion LESS a year in tax revenues.

It's all on the table.

i agree, we can't....but it took 10 YEARS of adding to the budget to get us to this point in humongous deficits, and it will take at least the same, to correct it.

even if we went back to 2008 levels of spending, we would have 400 billion dollars MORE in deficit spending than we did in 2008 due to the fact that we are collecting near 400 billion LESS a year in tax revenues.

No. It only took two years to go from $300B to $1.3T.

And even if revenues did decline by $400B, that only raises the deficit to $700B.

yes, very true! i did not mean my statement to be an insult or anything like that....ok?

and $700 billion is way better than 1.2 trillion....my point was more about taking in less revenue which is making it more difficult let alone the fact that social security is going up with more boomers retiring, same with medicare....:( and more in showing that it can not be reduced overnight, it will take time....

And even if revenues did decline by $400B, that only raises the deficit to $700B.

yes, very true! i did not mean my statement to be an insult or anything like that....ok?

and $700 billion is way better than 1.2 trillion....my point was more about taking in less revenue which is making it more difficult let alone the fact that social security is going up with more boomers retiring, same with medicare....:( and more in showing that it can not be reduced overnight, it will take time....

It could be cut back to 2008 levels in no time.

But I guess we're done pretending that Medicare and Social Security are part of some segregated funds.

But I guess we're done pretending that Medicare and Social Security are part of some segregated funds.

social security ran a surplus the past 10 years....president bush's budgets USED 2.0 TRILLION of SS surplus money to MASK his deficits.....they used SS funds to pay for what income taxes should have been paying for....

i do not believe we should let the gvt STEAL this money from the workers who paid in to it....

i do recognize that SS needs reform to keep it going another 75 years but it is minor tweaking compared to MEDICARE problems that have to be addressed due to the medicare pill bill cost and increases, primarily!

no i do not think that SS and medicare etc should be part of discretionary spending or revenues....

It only took two years to go from $300B

Nope. The fiscal 2008 budget deficit was 438 billion. And, of course, the 1.3 trillion for fiscal 2010 is DOWN from Bushes last budget (fiscal 09). So, in reality, it took Bush two years to go from 167 billion in deficit (fiscal 07) to over 1.4 trillion (fiscal 09).

Not that facts matter to you.

Simple solutions to complex problems is all the Republican and tea party players ever suggest. Cut taxes, cut regulations is about all their tiny little brains are capable of understanding. The consequences of such cuts never occur to them, and in this lies their strength.
Debate with Revere or CrusaderFrank is akin to debate with a recording of the same country and western song - the same refrain over and over and over.

A nice generalized partisan rant. You failed to notice the suggestions to the OP were specific.
Stay on topic.

LOL. Sure they were specific. Cut an entire department or two or three. Read this slowly, "The consequences of such cuts never occur to them, and in this lies their strength".

social security ran a surplus the past 10 years....president bush's budgets USED 2.0 TRILLION of SS surplus money to MASK his deficits.....they used SS funds to pay for what income taxes should have been paying for....

i do not believe we should let the gvt STEAL this money from the workers who paid in to it....

i do recognize that SS needs reform to keep it going another 75 years but it is minor tweaking compared to MEDICARE problems that have to be addressed due to the medicare pill bill cost and increases, primarily!

no i do not think that SS and medicare etc should be part of discretionary spending or revenues....

I believe that the SS has been this kind of ponzi scheme all along, not starting from bush era. Problem is now government already has to pay more for it than it generates. Of course all the old money is spent.

So anyway the SS has resulted in a lot of government surplus that should not be there, as it needs to be paid back to retirees when they retire. Now that the money has been spent though.... Well good that I don't live in US :lol:

In 2011 the administration should increase their budget cuts to 50 billion from 20 billion.
Do an across the board cut of .5%.
This should reduce the deficited by 350 billion to the 1 trillion.

No changes in 2012

In 2013 budget eliminate the remaining stimulus funds. There is about 500 billion now. Also a .5% across the board cut should reduce the budget by another 250 billion. This would bring the deficit to 250 billion, 100 billion below the average deficit over the last 20 years. If private sector job growth does not increase enough to cover the job loses in state and local government in 2013, we could be in for another recession.

Problem is now government already has to pay more for it than it generates.

The recession made it go into bonds but it should be back to surplus this year. there have been other years where this has happened but for most of the history of the program, it has run surpluses. Social Security can in no way be blames for the national debt.

So anyway the SS has resulted in a lot of government surplus that should not be there, as it needs to be paid back to retirees when they retire.

::sigh:: What, you think they should have put the cash in a big vault somewhere? The surpluses were invested in special treasuries and have been collecting interest.

Social Security is not and never has been a Ponzi Scheme. It is an intergenerational transfer payment system and it has worked, marvelously. Before Social Security, almost 30% of seniors lived in poverty. Since Social Security, virtually none do.

Forum List

Back