Cut the Budget!

LiberalNut

Oct 22, 2010
Well, we all know the right wing religion. Revenue isn't the problem, spending is. Funny thing though, they never quite get around to telling you what spending they intend to cut to balance the budget, do they? Well, here's your chance. This year the budget is in deficit to the tune of about 1.29 trillion dollars (down about 8% from Bush's last budget BTW). Please tell me where you are going to find that much spending to cut. Please be specific. Be sure to include how much money you think you are saving by the assinine things you're about to say like...cut the Department of Education. Also be sure to realize that Social Security and medicare have their own revenue streams and for most of their existence have run surpluses, many years in the hundreds of billions of dollars.

Good luck righties. Let's see you balance the budget by cutting.

Cap spending at 2008 levels, repeal Obamacare and Obama's 2011 tax increases.

Defund any cabinet departments who impose any additional regulation.

The economy will grow out of a recession like it always does.

Well, as suspected, nobody has offered any real budget cuts, nevermind 1.29 trillion worth of them. It seems that one has to conclude that the right wing demagoguery about debt is a huge fraud. I mean, is that any surprise to anyone? They, the right, are responsible for almost the entire national debt after all.

Cap spending at 2008 levels, repeal Obamacare and Obama's 2011 tax increases.

Defund any cabinet departments who impose any additional regulation.

The economy will grow out of a recession like it always does.

You left out dismantling the Dept. of Education which has been useless as tits on a bull since established in the late '70's.

Well, as suspected, nobody has offered any real budget cuts, nevermind 1.29 trillion worth of them. It seems that one has to conclude that the right wing demagoguery about debt is a huge fraud. I mean, is that any surprise to anyone? They, the right, are responsible for almost the entire national debt after all.

Just put your thinking cap on (assuming you have one) as far as considering where to make cuts.
It is also obvious that you do not figure in projected savings when people suggest budget cuts.

.......almost forgot.....pull out of the U.N.. Another nice budget cut idea. The possibilities are endless if, and there is always an IF, there's a will.

Hey Kidd, you have not offered one budget cut that actually shows that you know anything about what you're talking about. You need to show me the money. Suggest a cut and with that suggestion, show how much money will be saved and tell us all how you know. You have 1.29 trillion dollars to come up with. Good luck.

I won't hold my breath.

Attachments

• $Troll_Face_by_Eplemost.jpg
    $Troll_Face_by_Eplemost.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
Dept of Ed...adios!

Dept of Energy...Ciao!

HUD...goodbye!

All Czars...arriverderci!

Congress budget gets cut in half, one staffer per Congressman and Senator, Congress meets only once a month.

SocSec partially privatized.

Tennessee Valley, Rural Electrificatio, Fannie and Freddie Goodbyeeeee!

Dept of Ed...adios!

Dept of Energy...Ciao!

HUD...goodbye!

Congress budget gets cut in half, one staffer per Congressman and Senator, Congress meets only once a month.

More good suggestions. See LibNuts, they all add up!

Simple solutions to complex problems is all the Republican and tea party players ever suggest. Cut taxes, cut regulations is about all their tiny little brains are capable of understanding. The consequences of such cuts never occur to them, and in this lies their strength.
Debate with Revere or CrusaderFrank is akin to debate with a recording of the same country and western song - the same refrain over and over and over.

Simple solutions to complex problems is all the Republican and tea party players ever suggest. Cut taxes, cut regulations is about all their tiny little brains are capable of understanding. The consequences of such cuts never occur to them, and in this lies their strength.
Debate with Revere or CrusaderFrank is akin to debate with a recording of the same country and western song - the same refrain over and over and over.

A nice generalized partisan rant. You failed to notice the suggestions to the OP were specific.
Stay on topic.

Cut the budget in half? Which half?

Jesus, these guys are idiots. So far the only things they've said that are concrete are the abolision of the Deptments of education and Energy and HUD. Clearly, very clearly, they have no idea what the budgets for these agencies are. Of course they go for Social Security but by doing that they would INCREASE the deficit in the short term cause SS runs surpluses that fund general fund appropriations!

they know nothing. they don't want to know anything. If I hadn't seen it so many times before, I'd be shocked. As it is, all I can do is shake my head and pity them.

Dept of Ed...adios!

Dept of Energy...Ciao!

HUD...goodbye!

so, is THIS what we should expect in cuts by our elected republicans/conservatives right after november?

somehow, i find it hard to believe they would come near those suggestions....

sooooo, where does REALITY come in to the picture? WHAT will actually be done by them to cut a trillion point two?

Forum List

Back