Cut NASCAR But Leave NPR and PBS Alone

At quarter to two this morning I saw a dude at Faneuil Hall call a cabby who was double parked in front of him and wouldn't move a XXXX at the top of his lungs at least a dozen times during a five minute confrontation. On my walk back by I saw a girl try to fight a man.

Awesome entertainment. You can't just throw money down and get stuff like that on tap.

Until NASCAR has a guaranteed crash night and PBS and NPR adopt the nude weather report I fully support defunding them all.

NASCAR to me is just burning gas. They have some really cool jackets though.

I actually went to a couple of races in North Carolina when I was still in the service. Too many damn caution flags. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Ugh.

But the crowd has awesome people watching opportunities and when the cars are actually racing it's fun to watch ... so going live is fun. Watching on TV ... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Hey...hey....don't go hatin' on NASCAR...but your right, live is the best way. The women that go to NASCAR races are HOT! Just bring a pair of binocs. :lol:

Until NASCAR has a guaranteed crash night and PBS and NPR adopt the nude weather report I fully support defunding them all.

I actually went to a couple of races in North Carolina when I was still in the service. Too many damn caution flags. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Ugh.

But the crowd has awesome people watching opportunities and when the cars are actually racing it's fun to watch ... so going live is fun. Watching on TV ... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Your dislike of Nascar has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. The question is; why go after Nascar advertising and leave NPR and PBS alone. If NPR and PBS have something of interest that people want to watch, they should be able to fund it privately. Why use taxpayer funds? CNN, FOX, MSNBC and all the rest compete, (some better than others), without taxpayer funds.
With the deficit in the double digit trillions, any wasteful taxpayer spending should be cut.

Let me see if I understand this logic, NPR and PBS are a grain of sand in an enormous sandbox and if you remove them you will feel better, not because it helps deficit reduction, but because you don't like honest, intelligent news and television. Think I got it.

As for the Army sponsoring Earnhardt Jr, that make no sense in my world or your world. Why would the Army with tax payer money support a race car team? That is as odd as the Postal service supporting a bicycling team. Those things amaze me. And I love cycling and raced cars as a kid American graffiti style.

Your dislike of Nascar has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Well gee thanks ... I guess it's a good thing I addressed the topic in my earlier posts, huh?

Last edited:
Let me see if I understand this logic, NPR and PBS are a grain of sand in an enormous sandbox and if you remove them you will feel better, not because it helps deficit reduction, but because you don't like honest, intelligent news and television. Think I got it.

As for the Army sponsoring Earnhardt Jr, that make no sense in my world or your world. Why would the Army with tax payer money support a race car team? That is as odd as the Postal service supporting a bicycling team. Those things amaze me. And I love cycling and raced cars as a kid American graffiti style.
If NPR and PBS were "honest and intelligent news services" then more people would be watching them. Let them compete in the private sector for advertising money and let's see how they do.

Did you know the Military has an advertising and recruiting budget? Painting "Army" on the side of a race car makes actual good financial sense. When you consider how much it costs to make a commercial and buy time on all the networks of your targeted demographic, it's probably cheaper in the long run to sponsor a car.

Cut all 3, let PBS show commercials to earn revenue rather than them being partially tax payer funded and begging for the rest 25 minutes out of every hour of programming.

In all fairness it's a good idea to examine whether the NASCAR sponsorships are cost effective or if they have turned into a hobby for generals and high ranking officers who no doubt get the best seats on race day. There is no question that taxpayers should not have to sponsor propaganda like NPR and PBS.

Forum List

Back