Cut in Social Security tax

It is one of the best taxes to cut because it lowers the cost of hiring. The lower the cost to hire employees, the more business will hire.
The employer still pays 6.2%

Oh. I didn't know that.

Well, it would have been better if they had cut that tax. In fact, it may have been better to cut the employer tax and kept the employee tax. I'm not sure if people were/are spending their savings.

I think that they should have raised the ceiling by at least $50,000. And not have extended the Bush Tax Cut. If we really are serious about deficit reduction, we will have to address both ends. We have to increase government income, and decrease the outgo.

Cutting the payroll tax is borderline criminal.
By what argument?

By my humble opinion that Social Security ought not become a tool with which to tinker with the economy in the short term. I would analogize it to dipping into your 401K savings to deal with a blip in your day to day personal finances,

or taking out a home equity loan to buy a jet ski, or somesuch,

or perhaps better yet, using your Visa card to make your Mastercard payment.

Last edited:
Cutting the payroll tax is borderline criminal.
By what argument?

By my humble opinion that Social Security ought not become a tool with which to tinker with the economy in the short term. I would analogize it to dipping into your 401K savings to deal with a blip in your day to day personal finances,

or taking out a home equity loan to buy a jet ski, or somesuch,

or perhaps better yet, using your Visa card to make your Mastercard payment.
So, nothing but your opinion. 10-4.

Forum List

Back