Cussing Increases

The Stranger: There's just one thing, Dude.

The Dude: And what's that?

The Stranger: Do you have to use so many cuss words?

The Dude: What the fuck you talking about?

The Stranger: Okay, Dude. Have it your way.

most of my wife and my freinds are english....the c word is dropped often....my wife likes to use it for the shock value.......we are social bomb throwers.....

The Stranger: There's just one thing, Dude.

The Dude: And what's that?

The Stranger: Do you have to use so many cuss words?

The Dude: What the fuck you talking about?

The Stranger: Okay, Dude. Have it your way.

GREAT MOVIE! :clap2:

most of my wife and my freinds are english....the c word is dropped often....my wife likes to use it for the shock value.......we are social bomb throwers.....

Well how the fuck about that... but how much bombing can be done is a city like SF? I'd think you guys are accustomed to all sorts of sordid things.

fuck is my favourite word...........
You ought to look at why that is.

edit: But I see that you've already answered that. Do you ever look at the look on people's faces, expecially those you aren't very familiar with when you do that? (not that you should care of course)

Further Edit: Sorry Manu, that comment by me was unnecessary. I find the free use of profanity here preferable to (*)(*)(*)(*) as a way to delete them.

To Echo Zulu, Etal I do see the tie-in to the economy suggested in the article, even the connection to the F-word.
I don’t use it. To what ever degree I ever did I swore off it, and words like it many years ago. That moment, if there was an actual moment, was when I was outside a tent in the Marine Corps, and inside were some guys, and all they said was “mutherfukkermutherfukkemutherfukkemutherfukkemutherfukkemutherfukker!” I thought: “These guys can’t talk at all, and they sound like idiots”

But maybe two years back, I drove down to the end of the block on the cul-de-sac where a somewhat distant neighbor, one I wasn’t introduced to, was beginning work on a huge project, digging and laying in a concrete block retaining wall dug into a long steep bank close to the street. I stopped to say hello, to introduce myself, to comment, and to offer to help him get it done, since it was going to take a lot of work. I made some comments which let him know that I understood what he was up against, that I was available to help, not mentioning pay. But of all things I dropped the F-word in reference to the kind of work it was.

He just looked at me, and said that he could handle it, and had all the help he needed. His response was completely appropriate, but I wondered about myself: Why did I throw that word into ANY conversation, especially with someone I hadn’t spoken to before? It was obviously an indication of weakness on my part, a weak effort to connect by talking “down and dirty”, to let him know I was familiar with “down and dirty” work. But the weakness, which was mine, had to come from the need to connect to what I needed at the moment, which was work.

So the verbal ejaculation of that word was like yawning in reverse. I didn’t at that moment need air, as air is the “ether” we live in and we need for survival, but another basic element required for survival, productive work. The F-word is a cliché, something we hang onto when proper words fail us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back