Cursed objects

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by Dalia, May 19, 2017.

1. Compost

Compost Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,249
    Yikes. What has become of the painting?

2. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,213
    Hello Compost, This is a good question and I do not have the answer several copies were also made of the painting.

3. malnila

malnila Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I believe in haunted/cursed items. I LOVE the Haunted Collector. Here's one:

[​IMG]

INSIDE ROBERT THE DOLL…

Science tells us dolls are inanimate objects, but those who care for Robert the Doll and the thousands who visit him each year know better. Lights flicker. Cameras malfunction. Letters of apology arrive on a daily basis. The bizarre circumstances surrounding Robert have earned him a reputation as the most haunted doll in the world.

Robert’s Creation

Robert is one-of-a-kind, handmade by the Steiff Company of Germany around the turn of the century. Standing 40 inches tall and stuffed with wood wool known as excelsior, he is dressed in a sailor suit and once bore painted features not unlike those of a jester. His unusual size indicates he may have been fashioned in the image of his constant companion – a boy named Robert Eugene Otto. The doll took Robert as his name, while the boy simply went by ‘Gene’. Together they would go on to make history.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,213
    Bonjour Malnila, thank for your post.:)

I add further information.
    [​IMG]
    Robert, an evil doll?
    The neighbors of the family tell that at the time, they were the witnesses of the displacement of window in window of the doll when the family was out. The Otto swore that at some point the doll would grow terribly laughing, and that they would have seen it from the corner of the eye running from one room to another. As one night Eugene yelled into her room, her worried parents went to the room to see what was wrong. Arrived in the room, they would have witnessed furniture overturned, and Eugene in his bed, terrified, shouting "It's not me! It was Robert who did that! ". In addition, guests vowed to see Robert's facial expression change before their eyes.
    When Eugene died in 1974, the doll was stored in the attic of the house until the day the house was bought. The new owners of the house, having a 10-year-old girl, became Robert's new friend. Unfortunately, the family's tranquility was short-lived, and the child began to shout during some nights, saying that Robert had moved and even tried to attack him on multiple occasions. Thirty years passed, and the young girl now grown up continues to claim that this strange doll was beautiful and alive and that it was intended to kill her.
    According to the legend, people wishing to photograph Robert at the Fort East Martello Museum must first ask the doll for approval, if she refuses (moving her head on one side) but the person still takes the cliché , Then the doll casts a curse on him and his family.
    [​IMG]
    Robert the haunted doll sitting on his chair at the museum!
    A link in French : Robert, la poupée hantée (Robert the Doll) - DocuMystere : Paranormal et mystères du monde

5. Compost

Compost Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,249
    That is a seriously creepy looking doll. I shudder to think how it looked when it changed expressions!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,213
    I agree The old dolls can be as frightening I know some are afraid of the old dolls I like very much.

7. malnila

malnila Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    That's why I posted him. As I mentioned, I love the Haunted Collector and even though that dang doll wasn't from that show, I still think of that doll when I watch HC.

8. Dalia

Dalia Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,213
  9. malnila

malnila Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
  10. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,158
    If the chair is 'possessed', instead of hanging in the museum shouldn't it be floating?