Current Makeup of Supreme Court

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
I am just curious as to how people on the board see the current makeup of the Supreme Court. I still see it as 4 conservative judges, 4 liberal judges and 1 judge (Kennedy) who can be relied on to go either way. How do some of the rest of you see the current alignment?

I think you've got it pretty well pegged, AA. I find it pretty distressing that some ostensibly conservative (consructionist) justices have "grown into the job" - which is to say, allowed themselves to be swayed and changed by beltway arrogance. The mindset of the American electorate is clearly conservative, as seven of the ten presidential elections since 1968 will attest. Yet, we find ourselves fighting for the Constitution's life. Ah, the human factor...

Adam's Apple said:
I am just curious as to how people on the board see the current makeup of the Supreme Court. I still see it as 4 conservative judges, 4 liberal judges and 1 judge (Kennedy) who can be relied on to go either way. How do some of the rest of you see the current alignment?

This is exactly as I see it... Except I have no gaurantee that the new judges are really Conservatives. Time will tell.

Forum List

Back