Current events is old news fast.

Breaking News on the Front Page is simply a replacement for the genius Cereal Killer Op Ed Section which was falling into disrepair. It's main purpose there is to get the BEST 1st impression possible of USMB, for surfers, cruisers, and potential new members.

It's there as an "outreach" to non-members. BEFORE they start cruising thru the other forums...

It's sort of stupid, everyone goes to FZ, Politics or Current. But maybe it'll eventually work

So perhaps we should just put the FZ on the Front Page? :coffee: That forum is the "extra surprise gift" that people get once they register.. It's amazing how people's values just don't match up anymore !!! :p

This is supposed to be the feedback zone, I gave feedback. I don't like it and moving threads to it is silly if nobody goes to it
Are they moving threads to it? I don't think I'd like to have a thread I started in CEs moved :confused-84: There are different rules in these zones, aren't there?

Yesterday when the Supreme Court situation happened, there were the usual ten threads or whatever, all posted in Current Events, but Weatherman2020 who had posted the first thread he posted it in Breaking News and so all subsequent threads were merged with his thread.

That happens anyway, if there are ten threads all about the same thing, if you notice they all start to disappear, that's because they have all been merged with the first thread.

Breaking News is operating under Zone 2 rules, like the Politics section, Current Events is Zone 3, I think people might like Breaking News stories in a Zone 2 section because that way there is less chance of a thread derailment with all types of arguing and mini sub-threads happening within the main thread.
Yes, I understand all that, but some people like the zone three rules and like the current events section and that's why they start their thread there. I agree with merging duplicate threads within zones, but I personally would not like my thread to be moved from a zone with more relaxed rules to zone two.

Breaking News is just another category to navigate to, there are too many categories on here already

Breaking News on the Front Page is simply a replacement for the genius Cereal Killer Op Ed Section which was falling into disrepair. It's main purpose there is to get the BEST 1st impression possible of USMB, for surfers, cruisers, and potential new members.

It's there as an "outreach" to non-members. BEFORE they start cruising thru the other forums...

It's sort of stupid, everyone goes to FZ, Politics or Current. But maybe it'll eventually work

So perhaps we should just put the FZ on the Front Page? :coffee: That forum is the "extra surprise gift" that people get once they register.. It's amazing how people's values just don't match up anymore !!! :p

This is supposed to be the feedback zone, I gave feedback. I don't like it and moving threads to it is silly if nobody goes to it

Threads there still get listed as Active or New Topics. And if it's "hot" -- it'll show in the listings just as well as if it's in any other forum. That's enough for most users to notice. Unless -- they LIVE in Politics and/or Current Events...

"Unless -- they LIVE in Politics and/or Current Events..."

Some people do LIVE in Politics and in Current Events, haven't you noticed all the tents and the PortoToilets?

Here's the latest Aerial Shot of the tents in the Politics section photographed by my Special Mini Drone.

7f199680-1b5d-11e5-9ea6-bb9b6f3aaab8_SWNS_GLASTONBURY_270.jpg

Here's the latest pictures of the PortoToilets in the Current Events section, again photographed by my Special Mini Drone.

1462888521.jpg

My Special Mini Drone returning back to HQ after a job well done, it deserves a Martini I think :smoke:

skeye-mini-drone-with-hd-camera-15.jpg

Yes, couldn't social groups be moved out of taunting. It gives the wrong impression of what most - if not all - of the groups are about :sad:

There's an explanation for that as well. Those groups are "member only" and largely UN-moderated. And because of that -- we have to make them invisible to web crawlers and bots looking for "objectionable content".

So Z4 WAS the Taunting Area for that reason. So we don't piss off the ad services and stay "clean". But the Soc Grps had to go there to keep them "private".. The LISTINGS however, SHOULD be clarified. To separate the Soc Grps from the Taunting Forums. It's on the long list of requests to Admin to clean up the listings..

Breaking News is just another category to navigate to, there are too many categories on here already

Threads there still get listed as Active or New Topics. And if it's "hot" -- it'll show in the listings just as well as if it's in any other forum. That's enough for most users to notice. Unless -- they LIVE in Politics and/or Current Events...

Most do, other than the FZers

You know they have no PortoToilets down there :eek-52:

You know they have no PortoToilets down there :eek-52:

That thing needs help

Yes, couldn't social groups be moved out of taunting. It gives the wrong impression of what most - if not all - of the groups are about :sad:

There's an explanation for that as well. Those groups are "member only" and largely UN-moderated. And because of that -- we have to make them invisible to web crawlers and bots looking for "objectionable content".

So Z4 WAS the Taunting Area for that reason. So we don't piss off the ad services and stay "clean". But the Soc Grps had to go there to keep them "private".. The LISTINGS however, SHOULD be clarified. To separate the Soc Grps from the Taunting Forums. It's on the long list of requests to Admin to clean up the listings..
Thanks. I guessed that was the reason. It will be great when they aren't listed under 'taunting' though, so I'm glad it's on the to do list :beer:

Forum List

Back