CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases

Oh, did "Snopes" debunk it? :lol:

I debunked it by going directly to Democratic Underground and determining that support for letting the payroll tax expire was about 10 to 1 over opposition.

While we're on the subject, how many liberals on this forum can you name who opposed letting the payroll tax cut expire?
You didn't debunk it. You proved that more people weren't upset about it than were...but that does NOT mean that NO ONE was upset about it.

Dumbass.

So you're saying that the whole point of these dozen or so threads on this subject was to prove that the millions of Democrats/liberals in this country were not unanimous in their support of letting the payroll tax cut expire?

And what, pray tell, is the value of that statement of the obvious?

Oh, did "Snopes" debunk it? :lol:

I debunked it by going directly to Democratic Underground and determining that support for letting the payroll tax expire was about 10 to 1 over opposition.

While we're on the subject, how many liberals on this forum can you name who opposed letting the payroll tax cut expire?
You didn't debunk it. You proved that more people weren't upset about it than were...but that does NOT mean that NO ONE was upset about it.

Dumbass.

Yeah, well this the kind of LIE the WashTimes told in creating this myth:

In article, they cite the poster RomneyLies saying

“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”

However if you actually go to DU, you find RomneyLies saying this:

"This is actually a good thing

The tax cut was off set by funds from the general fund, which tied Social Security to the deficit.

By allowing the cut to expire, Social Security is once again 100% a standalone program with at least 25 years of self funding."

I understand we're not allowed direct links to other forums, so look it up yourself.

That is the kind of lying I'm talking about. Half-truths designed to create a false impression.

"Progressive taxes make it hard to raise money because they distort people’s behavior. They encourage taxpayers to reduce their tax liability rather than to increase their pretax income. High corporate taxes encourage companies to avoid them. High taxes on capital income also encourage avoidance and capital flight. High income tax rates on top earners can discourage work and investment, too. So trying to raise a lot of money with our progressive tax code would probably not achieve the goal and could damage economic growth."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/28/b...-require-broader-tax.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Just wait until some of them are stuck with that obamacare tax when they work at Taco Bell.....

Dumbass.

So you're saying that the whole point of these dozen or so threads on this subject was to prove that the millions of Democrats/liberals in this country were not unanimous in their support of letting the payroll tax cut expire?

And what, pray tell, is the value of that statement of the obvious?

"This story wasn't true the 1st time it was posted, or the 5th time, or the 10th time."

Sound familiar? That's you saying no Democrat ever is upset that his taxes have gone up.

Dumbass.

Yeah, well this the kind of LIE the WashTimes told in creating this myth:

In article, they cite the poster RomneyLies saying

“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”

However if you actually go to DU, you find RomneyLies saying this:

"This is actually a good thing

The tax cut was off set by funds from the general fund, which tied Social Security to the deficit.

By allowing the cut to expire, Social Security is once again 100% a standalone program with at least 25 years of self funding."

I understand we're not allowed direct links to other forums, so look it up yourself.

That is the kind of lying I'm talking about. Half-truths designed to create a false impression.
"So you're saying that the whole point of these dozen or so threads on this subject was to prove that the millions of Democrats/liberals in this country were not unanimous in their support of letting the payroll tax cut expire?"

Sound familiar? That's you saying the OP is correct in saying some Democrats are upset their taxes went up.

You need to make up your mind.

Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”
The WASHINGTON TIMES??!!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

"The Washington Times is responsible to let the American people know about God. The Washington Times will become the instrument in spreading the truth about God to the world."

- Sun Myung Moon

sun-myung-moon.jpg
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGit_tZDqs]Generation Chickenhawk: With The College Republicans - YouTube[/ame]​

Liberals love the pie in the sky welfare programs with promises of improving lives and bringing equality to mankind, but many of them in the end don't like paying for those programs.

Some rich liberals are ok with paying out the nose for welfare programs like obamacare because they feel guilty about having so many cars, homes, a plane, etc. Some like Warren Buffet hide their money and lobby against taxes while they go on TV talking out their ass about raising "income" taxes on working people so they pay THEIR fair share while he hides his wealth/assets.

Many liberals like those here will never be rich because they fucked up in junior/high school with a crime, drugs, kids, being lazy, etc so they feel these welfare programs will benefit them someday but obamination better not raise their taxes on their Taco Bell paycheck or at least tell them how the GOP is responsible for it.

Just to inject a small dose of reason, expiration of the idiotic 2% tax holiday on Social Security taxes doesn't really constitute a "tax increase" as the term is normally applied. However, the Middle Class is being subjected to a multitude of new taxes, fees and other costs which will permanently lower our standard of living. Enjoy the ride.

Gotta laugh.

All those morons who voted for that fuck are gonna be paying more for HC when Obamacare rolls around in 2014. We have no way to get rid of it now that he got another four years in the WH. Hope everyone is ready to shell out more money for their HC. After all. You gotta pay for those that can't.

Too bad that those of us who didn't vote for that idiot have to pay as well.

I also gotta laugh because most folks just wanted the rich to take the hit on higher taxes. Certainly not them. Its alway great when someone else has to pay higher taxes. They are all in favor of that.

Of course its just taking things back to before the Bush tax cuts but most of us enjoyed that extra money. Most will certainly miss the money though.

Enjoy.
Everything is TEMPORARY!!!!

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

$INGLE-PAYER!!!!!

This story wasn't true the 1st time it was posted, or the 5th time, or the 10th time.

LOL...heck Cabineer...I saw the same thing at work. The resident Obama fanatic was shocked when her pay check shrunk because "that wasn't supposed to happen". I pointed out to her that she voted for the folks that are all about raising taxes so she shouldn't be surprised when taxes get raised.

Forum List

Back