CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Read more: CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

This has been posted a million times but I laugh out loud each time anyway.

They deserve it. :clap2::clap2:

Just to inject a small dose of reason, expiration of the idiotic 2% tax holiday on Social Security taxes doesn't really constitute a "tax increase" as the term is normally applied. However, the Middle Class is being subjected to a multitude of new taxes, fees and other costs which will permanently lower our standard of living. Enjoy the ride.

Just to inject a small dose of reason, expiration of the idiotic 2% tax holiday on Social Security taxes doesn't really constitute a "tax increase" as the term is normally applied. However, the Middle Class is being subjected to a multitude of new taxes, fees and other costs which will permanently lower our standard of living. Enjoy the ride.

Gotta laugh.

All those morons who voted for that fuck are gonna be paying more for HC when Obamacare rolls around in 2014. We have no way to get rid of it now that he got another four years in the WH. Hope everyone is ready to shell out more money for their HC. After all. You gotta pay for those that can't.

Too bad that those of us who didn't vote for that idiot have to pay as well.

I also gotta laugh because most folks just wanted the rich to take the hit on higher taxes. Certainly not them. Its alway great when someone else has to pay higher taxes. They are all in favor of that.

Of course its just taking things back to before the Bush tax cuts but most of us enjoyed that extra money. Most will certainly miss the money though.

Enjoy.

hey jwoodie,, if it was a tax cut back then it's a tax increase now.

I wish, it would get rid of all the right wing trolls around here.
Translation: I wish USMB was a Left Wing Echo Chamber where I didn't have to explain any of my beliefs.

Go to DU if you're having problems explaining yourself or backing up your claims.

This story wasn't true the 1st time it was posted, or the 5th time, or the 10th time.
Oh, did "Snopes" debunk it? :lol:

I debunked it by going directly to Democratic Underground and determining that support for letting the payroll tax expire was about 10 to 1 over opposition.

While we're on the subject, how many liberals on this forum can you name who opposed letting the payroll tax cut expire?

This story wasn't true the 1st time it was posted, or the 5th time, or the 10th time.
Oh, did "Snopes" debunk it? :lol:

I debunked it by going directly to Democratic Underground and determining that support for letting the payroll tax expire was about 10 to 1 over opposition.

While we're on the subject, how many liberals on this forum can you name who opposed letting the payroll tax cut expire?
You didn't debunk it. You proved that more people weren't upset about it than were...but that does NOT mean that NO ONE was upset about it.

Dumbass.

Forum List

Back