Curb Your Enthusiasm

im thinking not either. the best part is when whats his name poked ben in the eye with that skewer.
but i gave it a try, i guess im jsut stuck on death and dying and violence.

I can't wait.

Dan, you know when they do this show, they don't write the dialog. They write the story and scenes and what has to happen in each scene, and the let the actors make it funny.

Dan, you know when they do this show, they don't write the dialog. They write the story and scenes and what has to happen in each scene, and the let the actors make it funny.

Yeah, I read that somewhere a long time ago, I think that's a good idea, it certainly feels more natural. I also noticed that they get a lot of comedy veterans to play different bit parts (I saw Bob Odenkirk in there one day, Stephen Colbert was on the season 4 finale), I guess they're better at the improv than just regular actors.

As much as I hate to say it, every day, my life seems to be getting more and more like Larry David's. Most of the time, when people want to put me in charge of things, I'm just like "nah, you don't want me in charge of this. I promise it'll be bad."

The premiere on Sunday is called "The Larry David Sandwich". I'm assuming a restaurant names a sandwich after him and he does something to screw it up or something.

Another good one was when Wanda Sykes sees him go back and leave an extra tip after the black guy only left a couple bucks. But, I may agree with Z, Krazee-Eyez Killa is probably the best episode. That one's just comedy gold from beginning to end. Hearing Larry David say "I'm your nigga" kills me every time.

And when he was popping the bubble wrap.

"Why are you doing that?"
"Because it makes a fun, popping sound."

One of my english professors sounds and acts just like Larry, it's eerie. He doesn't have quite as bad luck as Larry, though.

rtwngAvngr said:
I can't wait.

They do that with "Trailor Park Boys" too, the mockumentary I was telling you about. Now that show rocks. :thup:

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm too!

I took the advice in the title and curbed my enthusiasm so much that I have never watched even one episode of the show.

Said1 said:
They do that with "Trailor Park Boys" too, the mockumentary I was telling you about. Now that show rocks. :thup:

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm too!

Oh yeah. I still need to get a hold of that one somehow.

"I know you're up there! I can hear you popping those damn bubbles!"

I love when Cheryl comes in the room and steps on more bubble wrap.

"Goddammit, what is with you and the bubble wrap?!"
"Okay, sorry, I'll pop the rest later when you're not around."

Dan said:
I love when Cheryl comes in the room and steps on more bubble wrap.

"Goddammit, what is with you and the bubble wrap?!"
"Okay, sorry, I'll pop the rest later when you're not around."
I love Cheryl period. When she had that 'I Love Jeanie' outfit on? Mmmmmm.

She's gotten better looking as the show went on, for sure. If I had to nit-pick, I'd say her mouth is a little too big for her head, but that's cool. She's really, really funny.

So, did anyone watch it tonight? It was funny, but a little too plot-driven for me. I loved the ending, though, very typically dark Larry David humor (it was his idea to kill off Susan, George Costanza's fiancee, after all).

Was there some sort of fight between Larry and Richard Lewis that I missed? There seemed to be a lot of animosity between them before the sandwich business even began.

Next week's looks really good, though Blossom's really gotten big, no?

Oh, and did anyone watch that show Extras that came on after it? It was really funny, funnier than tonight's Curb, I thought. And Kate Winslet is gorgeous even when she's dressed like a nun.

Unfortunately I dumped HBO, Skinemax, and all that other crap about a year ago after deciding it wasn't worth the money considering I never watched more than a couple hours a week of it.

I'd love to watch the ROME show, but I just don't want to pay for all the other crap I'd need to get to do so.

I too wish that I could watch the ROME drama on HBO. I love Rome and am fascinated with its culture.

As for Curb Your Enthusiasm, it's one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. I've rented it from netflix and it's great. I like the dog allergy episode.

ROME is okay, I'm not really that into it, but I'm not into period pieces to begin with. At the moment, Caesar is the king (or whatever they call it), and there's lots of foreshadowing that his end is coming soon, so I wonder if the show will go downhill after that.

New Sopranos start in March, I think, I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Zhukov said:
Unfortunately I dumped HBO, Skinemax, and all that other crap about a year ago after deciding it wasn't worth the money considering I never watched more than a couple hours a week of it.

I'd love to watch the ROME show, but I just don't want to pay for all the other crap I'd need to get to do so.
find a cable person in your area and see if there is a way to upgrade. i know we (mediacom) has a special right now that you can upgrade for a year with 2 months free (free digital that is). i want to say that its like 35-40 a month, but hell i cant remember everything. sales inst my strong point, drilling holes and putting cable in is.

We've got Comcast, and when we got our cable hooked up, they gave us HBO free for a year.

Dan said:
We've got Comcast, and when we got our cable hooked up, they gave us HBO free for a year.
thats cool.
yo ureally need to work for the cable guys. the bennies are outstanding! cant beat free cable and internet

Forum List

Back