cupcakes...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
013-2.jpg

i saw these on youtube......they are fun to make.....but time taking.....i figure we averaged a cupcake every 10 minutes

possum likes cupcakes...

... when its his birthday Granny buys a couple o' dem Hostess cupcakes...

... an' puts lil' candles on `em fer him.
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
there's some kinda cupcake reality show on the food channel.

honest

there are several..cupcakes are trendy right now

i had hubby cutting the marshmallows and dipping them in the colored sugar...that is the time consuming part...on the third cupcake he ask me where these cupcakes are going...i told him....i am sending them to work with you....he puts down the cupcake and goes...
"these are construction workers just ice the rest of the cupcakes" he refused to help anymore..

and we now have 'pull apart' cakes...which are cupcakes made into something and iced into a design...i.e. the turtle cake...made out of 12 cupcakes

Cupcakes are totally trendy right now.

There is a fabulous shop in Emeryville called Tea Cakes. They make a variety of cupcakes which are incredibly yummy. We served them on a tiered arrangement for dessert at a party last year - everyone loved them. My favorite are the red velvet cake with butter cream frosting - delish!

Bones - your photo is gorgeous - nice job!

That's not so odd; it's Serendipity.

i got some plastic decorating tips today....o hell my friend should be home by now.....coming back from the beach..i know they are beat...

she does cakes...kick ass cakes

I do two kick ass cakes:

- Cheese cake from an ancient family recipe
- The Cake Bible's All American Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting

The Cake Bible is a fantastic cookbook for any baker's collection.

cake bible by that woman....i do believe i have it...well i did...but gave alt all my cookbooks...she has had to move them 3x...heheeee....

i love a good cheesecake....

i do a lot of net recipes but you have to be careful and read the reviews....

and fanny farmers....when in doubt go to fanny

Fannie Farmer's is a classic. I have two editions; one from the 80s, the other from the 90s.

The Cake Bible is by Rose Levy.

that is it....she was on oprah if i am not mistaken..

baking is an exact science

but i do like hanging out with a bunch of cooks.....when we all get the munchies...it can be works of art....

damn the cupcakes were terrible... marshmallows are suppose to set up over night and harden a wee bit...think biting a fucking porcupine...then the rush of sugar... no thanks...too much way too much....i wont be making them again...

you know how one can tell they are really bad...hubby stayed up to watch the duke game.....there is still a cupcake..that just aint right

Forum List

Back