Cupcake Gate ends in compromise

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
For better or worse, the courts never got the chance to weigh in on this one.

Indianapolis — There's resolution for the City Market bakery that just said no when asked to create cupcakes celebrating gay pride. The City of Indianapolis says "Just Cookies" can do business, provided it does business with everyone.

"I explained that we're a family run business and we have two young impressionable daughters. We're not going to sell that," said owner David Stockton to Fox59 News back in September.

After refusing the order, controversy surrounded the bakery. Protests were held celebrating gay pride and diversity through free cupcakes. Now, it appears the controversy has ended.

Just Cookies: Bakery that refused gay customer reaches agreement with city - fox59.com

Gays think forcing bakeries to make rainbow cupcakes is a huge step forward for the cause. :lol:

Last edited:
  • Banned
Rainbows are so offensive

I get your sarcasm, but there is still a salient point here that seems to be applied inconsistently. I've been told by many neoliberals here (and I agree) that you cannot tell someone else what they are allowed to find offensive. But in this case, that's exactly what is happening. The bakery owners are being told that they are not allowed to find homosexuality offensive. But then again hypocrisy is the hallmark of neoliberalism.

Forum List

Back