Cuomo vetoes bill allowing all federal judges to officiate weddings in state

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
What sour grapes.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that would have allowed all federal judges to officiate weddings in the state.

I cannot in good conscience support legislation that would authorize such actions by federal judges who are appointed by this federal administration,” he said in a statement Friday.

President Trump does not embody who we are as New Yorkers,” Cuomo, a Democrat, said. “The cornerstones that built our great state are diversity, tolerance, and inclusion. Based on these reasons, I must veto this bill.”

More @ Governor: Federal judges can't officiate weddings since some are Trump appointees - WND

What sour grapes.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that would have allowed all federal judges to officiate weddings in the state.

I cannot in good conscience support legislation that would authorize such actions by federal judges who are appointed by this federal administration,” he said in a statement Friday.

President Trump does not embody who we are as New Yorkers,” Cuomo, a Democrat, said. “The cornerstones that built our great state are diversity, tolerance, and inclusion. Based on these reasons, I must veto this bill.”

More @ Governor: Federal judges can't officiate weddings since some are Trump appointees - WND
with cuomo it is really a cultural thing

I support his right to do that and it’s up to the people of NY to decide if it’s what they want. It is of no concern to me.

Federal judges can't officiate weddings since some are Trump appointees

I support his right to do that and it’s up to the people of NY to decide if it’s what they want. It is of no concern to me.

It's NOT Cuomo's 'right' to 'do that'.

This is all political for Cuomo.

The biggest baby in NYS has whined some more.

;(

It's NOT Cuomo's 'right' to 'do that'.

This is all political for Cuomo.

The biggest baby in NYS has whined some more.

;(

Did he break the law? If not, then as Governor, it is clearly his right.

What sour grapes.

They need their own country, they are simply no longer Americans

What sour grapes.

I agree. Maybe Trump can buy Greenland, rename it "Trumplandia" and move you and all of the other fools who want to follow him there.

What sour grapes.

I agree. Maybe Trump can buy Greenland, rename it "Trumplandia" and move you and all of the other fools who want to follow him there.

Strong coming from literally NOT an American.

It's lovely when a Canadian lectures an American what an American is.

What sour grapes.

Strong coming from literally NOT an American.

It's lovely when a Canadian lectures an American what an American is.

Who's lecturing? Frank made a suggestion, and I agreed with him.

Apparently the NY state House and Senate thinks Cuomo is a stupid idiot since they passed the bill and sent it to him for his signature.

Forum List

Back