Culture wars in the corner drugstore

Mr. P said:
Well, I don't belong to an HMO and don't see those Docs, I avoid em like the plague. I've never consider a pharmacist a caregiver and probably never will. They don't provide me any care above the legal requirement for dispensing medications properly, as ordered by a Doctor, PA or NP, FDA.
I am simply their customer.

Then I guess the nurses must not be caregivers as they don't give any care except that ordered by doctors, we can go down the line but there is no point.

As I stated before, previous records or current records can cause you Pharmacist to notice things your doctor does not, this also puts him into liability for your health in some instances. They are not simply data entry do what people order types and have more of a role in your health than you are giving credit for.

no1tovote4 said:
Then I guess the nurses must not be caregivers as they don't give any care except that ordered by doctors, we can go down the line but there is no point.

As I stated before, previous records or current records can cause you Pharmacist to notice things your doctor does not, this also puts him into liability for your health in some instances. They are not simply data entry do what people order types and have more of a role in your health than you are giving credit for.
You're right there is no point. A Nurse IS a care giver a Pharmacist is not. I understand what a Pharmacist does..That does not make them my care giver. In addition, regarding customer history, as I said before, I or you can go to A, B or C store for our script..no history..no care giving, I 'll see my Doc for that
JUST FILL THE SCRIPTby the FDA and State laws, please.

*must add a Nurse damn sure better not withold an order the Doc placed for meds...see the diff?*

Mr. P said:
You're right there is no point. A Nurse IS a care giver a Pharmacist is not. I understand what a Pharmacist does..That does not make them my care giver. In addition, regarding customer history, as I said before, I or you can go to A, B or C store for our script..no history..no care giving, I 'll see my Doc for that
JUST FILL THE SCRIPTby the FDA and State laws, please.

*must add a Nurse damn sure better not withold an order the Doc placed for meds...see the diff?*

They have the legal right to not fill the scrpit . Do you want the govt. to take that away?

dilloduck said:
They have the legal right to not fill the scrpit . Do you want the govt. to take that away?
Good Lord Man, are you senile?..I've stated my position on Government involvement already, to you even..GEEZZZZZ

post #96
FIRE em...

Mr. P said:
Good Lord Man, are you senile?..I've stated my position on Government involvement already, to you even..GEEZZZZZ

post #96
FIRE em...

that would be a great solution if you owned a pharmacy but since you don't would you oppose state government intervention in forcing pharmacists to fill scripts ?

ReillyT said:
Under employment at will, you can be fired for good reason or no reason, but you can't be fired on the basis of sex, race, national origin, religious beliefs, etc. I think I may agree that firing a pharmacist for refusing to dispense this medication is probably okay, but it is getting pretty close to firing them for religious belief (the distinction that being their termination was not based so much on religious belief as refusal to do the common requirements of the employment). It just makes me unsettled. It is probably legal, but I would be shocked not to see a legal case made out of it.

Someone probably would try filing suit.... I would hope it would be denied though. These are legal medications, if a pharmacist is going to refuse to dispense them he should make that known before he is hired. These are very intelligent people, they know full well what medications they might have to dispense to people. Like I said before this has nothing to do with religion as far as the companies are concerned, it's about money.

ReillyT said:
Under employment at will, you can be fired for good reason or no reason, but you can't be fired on the basis of sex, race, national origin, religious beliefs, etc. I think I may agree that firing a pharmacist for refusing to dispense this medication is probably okay, but it is getting pretty close to firing them for religious belief (the distinction that being their termination was not based so much on religious belief as refusal to do the common requirements of the employment). It just makes me unsettled. It is probably legal, but I would be shocked not to see a legal case made out of it.
No legal case will follow. It has no grounds...

employment at will
is just that..no reason and no recourse..

Mr. P said:
No legal case will follow. It has no grounds...

employment at will
is just that..no reason and no recourse..

Guess y'all better get out your picket signs and hang out at drug stores !

good luck!

You still have to consider the fact that it doesn't make it right to force somebody to perform abortions against their beliefs and that many believe this to be as abortive as if it happened in the third trimester. Those people would believe that they, possibly, were killing a child and should not be forced to provide such a service against their moral values or religion.

I often wonder if those same pharmacists would be willing to carry a child conceived by rape inside their *own* bodies for 9 months. 9 solid months of 24/7 visual reminders of what happened...

I'm not one for abortion, and I'm pretty damned stubborn on that, but even I'm willing to admit there are limitations to what I'd be able to do...

Forum List

Back