culture warriors on this board

Sure thing matts, we all know how "accurate" media splatters is...:eusa_liar:

I haven't read the book... but maybe now I will after that ridiculously long and scathing review...
It's out in paperback this month.

Media Matters is more inaccurate than is your typical right-wing run media watchdog group.

and as i answered you before, the extension of the tax cuts will be debated after the 2008 election but before any expire...

and the republicans when in full majority power never once addressed extending the tax cuts in their budget either, soooooo, what's the big deal?

care

House Passes Tax Bill Extending Bush's Tax Cuts
Thursday December 8, 2005
The House of Representatives passed a tax bill that would extend President Bush's tax cuts for capital gains and dividends another two years. The lower long-term capital gains tax rates were scheduled to expire in 2008. The bill would extend the tax cuts until 2010.

The bill would also extend tax deductions for state and local sales taxes and for college tuition, and would extend the tax credit for retirement savings.

Voting 234 to 197, almost purely along party lines, the House approved $56 billion in tax cuts over five years, just one day after it passed other tax cuts totaling $39 billion over five years. The biggest provision would extend President Bush's 2001 tax cut for stock dividends and capital gains for two years at a cost of $20 billion. All of the House's maverick Republican conservatives, who had criticized their party leaders two months ago for being too soft about spending cuts, voted enthusiastically for the tax cuts

the Republican majority easily defeated an alternative plan proposed by Democrats, which would have trimmed many tax breaks for business and allowed the tax cut for stock dividends expire at the end of 2008

http://tinyurl.com/2zpyxj

what is a culture warrior?

what do people consider me, besides crazy :eusa_dance:

snowman, rsr and me so far that i can tell are the real heroes.

maineman and his ilk spread anti american lies. osama bin laden is laughing with maineman right now.

liberalism tries to make islam the law, homosexualism the norm and tries to make gender a choice.

liberalism is a danger to our country.

id say terrorism was handled poorly by jimmy, ronnie, the first bush, and clinton

so you can all suck that :D

Up until 9-11, terrorism was looked at as a crime

Now it is an act or war. Unless you are a liberal who thinks terrorists should be fought with warrants and in the court room

Up until 9-11, terrorism was looked at as a crime

Now it is an act or war. Unless you are a liberal who thinks terrorists should be fought with warrants and in the court room

That is the mindset that stuffed up the response. Instead of being seen as an act of terror by an identifiable gang it was morphed by the Bush Administration into a war. So instead of various law enforcement bodies around the world going after the gang of terrorists the effort became Bush's "War on Terror" paradigm. I don't know if it was incompetence or it was deliberate but it was so very wrong that it must be seen as the biggest foreign policy error in US history.

Forum List

Back