Cultural Outrage ("Yoga" pants)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have always been something of an "Ass Man," and I was very pleased when the fad of "yoga" pants became apparent at the gym where I exercise. There are few sights more appealing to me than a young, healthy girl exercising in yoga pants. I would actually be willing to pay an admission fee to watch them work out.

At first, these pants were generally worn by YOUNG women in good shape, but with a few exceptions.

Within a fairly short time, the pure "yoga" pants were overtaken by similar tight pants with a large waist-band, which largely ruined the effect, as far as I was concerned, but still...a lot of nice viewing at L.A. Fitness.

But we have reached the inevitable point now where EVERY FEMALE thinks it looks "sexy" to wear these pants. My God. I was bowling the other day next to a group of retirees, and there were 220 pound GRANDMOTHERS wearing yoga pants to bowl. It was perfectly nauseating.

I'm afraid that this is a THING in our culture. A new fashion comes out, and the first times you see it are on young, attractive girls and women, and it looks great. But then we have a culture where women are encouraged to "feel good about themselves," even if they happen to be grossly overweight and out of shape. And when those women start to wear the fashion it become near-nauseating, and the fashion trend moves on. I remember when Brittney Spears spearheaded the bare-midriff look. Within a year we were seeing rolls of open flab hanging over too-tight genes...totally disgusting. Don't these women own mirrors?

Sorry.

I have always been something of an "Ass Man," and I was very pleased when the fad of "yoga" pants became apparent at the gym where I exercise. There are few sights more appealing to me than a young, healthy girl exercising in yoga pants. I would actually be willing to pay an admission fee to watch them work out.

At first, these pants were generally worn by YOUNG women in good shape, but with a few exceptions.

Within a fairly short time, the pure "yoga" pants were overtaken by similar tight pants with a large waist-band, which largely ruined the effect, as far as I was concerned, but still...a lot of nice viewing at L.A. Fitness.

But we have reached the inevitable point now where EVERY FEMALE thinks it looks "sexy" to wear these pants. My God. I was bowling the other day next to a group of retirees, and there were 220 pound GRANDMOTHERS wearing yoga pants to bowl. It was perfectly nauseating.

I'm afraid that this is a THING in our culture. A new fashion comes out, and the first times you see it are on young, attractive girls and women, and it looks great. But then we have a culture where women are encouraged to "feel good about themselves," even if they happen to be grossly overweight and out of shape. And when those women start to wear the fashion it become near-nauseating, and the fashion trend moves on. I remember when Brittney Spears spearheaded the bare-midriff look. Within a year we were seeing rolls of open flab hanging over too-tight genes...totally disgusting. Don't these women own mirrors?

Sorry.

:worthless:

Sorry.

Hate to break this to ya but there's just a tiny outside chance that females are not choosing their apparel based on the chances of whether you'll show up. I mean call me crazed but it is a possibility.

You know what? All women want to look good when they are out and about.. If they knew how these garments are perceived by males, they would NOT wear them.

You know what? All women want to look good when they are out and about.. If they knew how these garments are perceived by males, they would NOT wear them.

Apparently you missed the G-string 1-piece + silk tights days. Yoga pants, pffft.

Purple flappy short shorts and tube tops. :banana:

Uncle Ferd got Granny some yoga pants...

... but she thought dey was karate pants...

... an' kicked his butt.

You know what? Women generally don't dress for our benefit. That's just hubris.

Do you really believe that, Pogo?

How do you explain bras?

Tight pants?

Low-cut tops?

Makeup, hair coloring, fake eyelashes.

High heels (which are worn to make the butt stand out)?

How long does it take the average woman to prepare to go to work? The average man?

They want to look good, mainly to men.

We at Siddhiwear are wearing yoga pants it's really comfortable and makes my yoga smooth. Wearing organic clothes while doing yoga is a nice thought.

Forum List

Back