"Cultural Appropriation": PC gets even goofier

'Does that mean that black kids aren't allowed to do well in school and go to college?'

That would be funny if you didn't know any white children. My teacher wife may need to talk to you, this is America and education falls way behind sport and e-media. Dummies to the left of me, dummies to the right....

poodlecornrows.jpg

This is getting even more fun.

One of the Kardashian brood (holy crap, how many of them are there, anyway?) recently created a firestorm of biblical proportions by daring to post a picture of herself with "corn rows". Well, as it turns out, "corn rows" are not allowed on white people, they're only for black people, and the shit came down on her harder than a Texas thunderstorm in June.

So this grave international incident gave birth to "cultural appropriation", which essentially means that people from one race can't do or say stuff that is reserved for people of another race, without some kind of official notarized document of permission or something. Identity Politics rocks!

So anyway, fast forward to today. Some chick named Kadia Blagrove has been kind enough to provide the official "Your Guide to Avoiding Cultural Appropriation" so that all of us can now know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, when we are engaging in Cultural Appropriation and subject to any kind of fine or penalty. Be sure to bookmark this the next time you want to change your hair style!

Your Guide to Avoiding Cultural Appropriation

Here are some bullet points we should all ask ourselves, and that the media must take into consideration before entering the fray:
  • Why do I find this (insert: physical feature/hairstyle/dance/fashion/etc.) cool?
  • Is my "discovery" based on white acceptance?
  • Are my examples of this style diverse?
  • Am I actually down with this slang or did I just find out about it?
  • Is my "discovery" or "muse" directly related to its source?
  • Does this involve blackface (or blackening my face in any fashion)?
  • Did I ask someone?

:spinner:

FWIW, all the comments after that Huffpo piece were negative, as they should be.

Your thread premise is supported by an article that hardly anyone agrees with.
I certainly wouldn't expect someone like you to offer glowing reviews of the thread.

Gosh, I guess I'll just have to find a way to carry on without your approval.

:laugh:

If you're going to cry every time someone comments unfavorably on your stupid threads, why post them?

One of the Kardashian brood (holy crap, how many of them are there, anyway?) recently created a firestorm of biblical proportions by daring to post a picture of herself with "corn rows". Well, as it turns out, "corn rows" are not allowed on white people, they're only for black people, and the shit came down on her harder than a Texas thunderstorm in June.

So this grave international incident gave birth to "cultural appropriation", which essentially means that people from one race can't do or say stuff that is reserved for people of another race, without some kind of official notarized document of permission or something. Identity Politics rocks!

So anyway, fast forward to today. Some chick named Kadia Blagrove has been kind enough to provide the official "Your Guide to Avoiding Cultural Appropriation" so that all of us can now know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, when we are engaging in Cultural Appropriation and subject to any kind of fine or penalty. Be sure to bookmark this the next time you want to change your hair style!

Here are some bullet points we should all ask ourselves, and that the media must take into consideration before entering the fray:
  • Why do I find this (insert: physical feature/hairstyle/dance/fashion/etc.) cool?
  • Did I ask someone?

FWIW, all the comments after that Huffpo piece were negative, as they should be.

Your thread premise is supported by an article that hardly anyone agrees with.
I certainly wouldn't expect someone like you to offer glowing reviews of the thread.

Gosh, I guess I'll just have to find a way to carry on without your approval.

:laugh:

If you're going to cry every time someone comments unfavorably on your stupid threads, why post them?
Because I love watching nasty people like YOU cry.

Obviously.

• Did I ask someone?

Youre like a couple of years too late on this one. This is old news.

• Did I ask someone?

Youre like a couple of years too late on this one. This is old news.
Dang!

Forum List

Back