Cults....

Although we are talking about cults, Christianity is being misrepresented in some of these comments because the focus is not on Jesus Christ Himself and what He said/did, but rather on "other people" and their sin.

I'm not bringing this up to say that doing things wrong are "right", because we all know they aren't. However, when we see someone doing wrong, whether and unbeliever or a confessed believer in Christ doing wrong that still doesn't portray what Jesus Christ our Lord said and did. That just means they sinned, or are a false teacher, or false prophet, and the Bible talks about them all.

The Lord said to love the Lord our God and love others, and then all of the law falls under that. (The law, meaning the commandments.) (For when we truly love Him and truly love others, we won't lie, we won't steal, we will think of others, we won't covet, etc, )

Now, can any of us name one person on earth who can do all those above 100% of the time? Even ourselves? If any one of us can claim it, it's like Jesus said, then we can throw the first stone at others. The reality is that no can claim it and no one can throw the first stone. Therefore we all need our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Yes, sin is sin, which hurts us or others, and it's really sad and bad when people are out to make a profit from others in the "name of God" when they are just lying. They will be dealt with, just as we all will be dealt with for everything. But what others do does not change the message of Jesus Christ our Lord. There is love and there is forgiveness. And love covers a mulitude of sins.

At the end of the day, none of us will be able to face the Lord and say, well.. I didn't believe You because of what "other people" do. That's just placing blame, pointing out other's sins. When we all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. That's the whole point of Him suffering and dying on that Cross and coming here in the flesh. He loves us, He wants us to know Him, to help us, restore us, but that can only be done by believing (trusting, knowing Him) as Lord and Savior first and foremost; not looking to others first.

Last edited:
Although we are talking about cults, Christianity is being misrepresented in some of these comments because the focus is not on Jesus Christ Himself and what He said/did, but rather on "other people" and their sin.

I'm not bringing this up to say that doing things wrong are "right", because we all know they aren't. However, when we see someone doing wrong, whether and unbeliever or a confessed believer in Christ doing wrong that still doesn't portray what Jesus Christ our Lord said and did. That just means they sinned, or are a false teacher, or false prophet, and the Bible talks about them all.

The Lord said to love the Lord our God and love others, and then all of the law falls under that. (The law, meaning the commandments.) (For when we truly love Him and truly love others, we won't lie, we won't steal, we will think of others, we won't covet, etc, )

Now, can any of us name one person on earth who can do all those above 100% of the time? Even ourselves? If any one of us can claim it, it's like Jesus said, then we can throw the first stone at others. The reality is that no can claim it and no one can throw the first stone. Therefore we all need our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Yes, sin is sin, which hurts us or others, and it's really sad and bad when people are out to make a profit from others in the "name of God" when they are just lying. They will be dealt with, just as we all will be dealt with for everything. But what others do does not change the message of Jesus Christ our Lord. There is love and there is forgiveness. And love covers a mulitude of sins.

At the end of the day, none of us will be able to face the Lord and say, well.. I didn't believe You because of what "other people" do. That's just placing blame, pointing out other's sins. When we all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. That's the whole point of Him suffering and dying on that Cross and coming here in the flesh. He loves us, He wants us to know Him, to help us, restore us, but that can only be done by believing (trusting, knowing Him) as Lord and Savior first and foremost; not looking to others first.

what makes christianity a cult has nothing to do with your god .

take catholicism its the first cult to be christian , you had to eat anything but meat of Friday , had a book and record list of forbidden ,

taught not to mix with non catholic and if you were to marry out side the faith , then the non catholic had to convert , later it was the children had to catholic .

wont talk about nuns they were heretics even by Romes standards ,

some things may have changed , don't know .

protestantism ? well Jim Jones , David koresh , the baptist in kansas .

this have nothing to do with god but then neither does religion .

Children play with things of children but adults put those things away ....

Cults and such ... all those things ... religion (especially Christianity) is/are necessary. It is shepherding. It is training children to become adults. It is, um, what is that word? Farming? Um.... Catalysts! Sociology (of which I don't have an inkling of formal education so I couldn't boast) reveals a great deal, as does psychology, philosophy, etc... keys given in the bible regarding orders, cycles and such that cannot be dismissed as hype.

I'm not sure what is more scary... A world chasing away God and The Christ or a world united under such. Both are potentially dangerous, yet I suppose to know so is yet kittens.

Forum List

Back