Cultists

Or those parents who take their kids to abortion clinics. Too much!

Kids don't get much of their youth anymore, do they?

I've stated this before, in our school we say the pledge every day. If a child doesn't want to say it for whatever reason, that's fine. NOBODY says anything to the child.

*Also, Navy1960 is one of the most level headed posters on the USMB. We may not always agree politically, but he can see both sides of the coin with open eyes.

No they don't get much of a childhood these days. From the parents too paranoid to let them go out and play, to those who use them in political stances, then you add those who are pushed into stardom, and those who are just messed up by evil parents or family members ... I feel sorry for the newest generation.

When I went to school they MADE us at first, I was one of the first junior high students to say 'fuck it' and sat down, in the middle of it, and began doing school work. After that they tried to force me and the others who followed my lead. Eventually they gave up, and by the time I was in high school they made it optional. Finally they asked why I didn't want to say it anymore, my response was that saying it means nothing, living it means the world.

If I am being thought if here kitten as someone that is taking a postion that kids should be made to say the pledge then absolutly NOT. I think a child should be taught what it means to say the pledge and allowed to make up their own minds about it. A school should not force children to say the pledge although I can tell you from one view, I really don't see a lot wrong with making a pledge that you will be loyal to the country to which you were born. I see it as Nothing to be ashamed of nor do I see it as indoctrination into a type of political belief system, but rather an oath to be faithful to the place in which you call home. Too many people and this is a personal opinion I think have ben led to believe that the meaning of patriotic is to slap an American flag bumper sticker on the back of your car and say I support the troops, when in fact a simple pledge has more meaning than all that put together.

If I am being thought if here kitten as someone that is taking a postion that kids should be made to say the pledge then absolutly NOT. I think a child should be taught what it means to say the pledge and allowed to make up their own minds about it. A school should not force children to say the pledge although I can tell you from one view, I really don't see a lot wrong with making a pledge that you will be loyal to the country to which you were born. I see it as Nothing to be ashamed of nor do I see it as indoctrination into a type of political belief system, but rather an oath to be faithful to the place in which you call home. Too many people and this is a personal opinion I think have ben led to believe that the meaning of patriotic is to slap an American flag bumper sticker on the back of your car and say I support the troops, when in fact a simple pledge has more meaning than all that put together.

I know, I wasn't disagreeing with you on it, just posting my experiences on the topic. Sadly it's the only non-religiously based 'breaking the indoctrination' example I do have.

Forum List

Back