Cultists

So if a bunch of Bushies got together in their private homes you're OK with it?

Yes.

Of course they don't.

It's Obama's zealots that do that sort of thing.

srsly WTF "he's going to spread happiness" WTF kinda brain-numbed shit is that?

Its amazing that faith and belief in someone has turned into something bad so quickly.

So if a bunch of Bushies got together in their private homes you're OK with it?

Of course they don't.

It's Obama's zealots that do that sort of thing.

srsly WTF "he's going to spread happiness" WTF kinda brain-numbed shit is that?

They dont because nobody likes Bush, including all the republicans in congress as we now know from this past weekend.

Yes.

Its amazing that faith and belief in someone has turned into something bad so quickly.

Who's faith and belief though Larkinn? The children singing or the parents or the school? See what I mean? This is not a at least as far as I am concerned a judgement of Obama rather a judgement upon parents that would bring children into a process in which they have NOT one clue about other than the one's their parents tell them they should have. Thats called indoctrination

The act of indoctrinating, or the condition of being indoctrinated; instruction in the rudiments and principles of any science or system of belief; information. Sir T. Browne.

Who's faith and belief though Larkinn? The children singing or the parents or the school? See what I mean? This is not a at least as far as I am concerned a judgement of Obama rather a judgement upon parents that would bring children into a process in which they have NOT one clue about other than the one's their parents tell them they should have. Thats called indoctrination

The act of indoctrinating, or the condition of being indoctrinated; instruction in the rudiments and principles of any science or system of belief; information. Sir T. Browne.

What school? This has nothing to do with any school. If it did, its an outrage, but it doesn't, so its just a bit weird. And yes, its the parents faith and belief. But don't give me some crap about hating indoctrination, y'all only hate it because its not indoctrinating what you want.

Agreed, If I found out my kids were in school singing about politicians I would be in the principals office first thing the next morning. This isnt an issue with Obama its about the parents and the school or wherever the hell they were doing the singing.

What school? This has nothing to do with any school. If it did, its an outrage, but it doesn't, so its just a bit weird. And yes, its the parents faith and belief. But don't give me some crap about hating indoctrination, y'all only hate it because its not indoctrinating what you want.

Who is ya'll? you mean your making a judgement that because someone doesn't agree with you is automatically a McCain supporter or for that matter a Bush supporter? I would NEVER try to begin to tell my daughter who and what person she should vote for based on a belief that I held. As a matter of fact my daughter is an adrdent supporter of Obama and it did not take any school or group to impress then on her when she was a child, she came to this on her OWN. Tell you what I hate. I hate that any parent would subject a child to a system that would press upon them a political belief. It runs against everything this country stands for, freedom to choose your own destiny. As a parent yes we went to church and so did our daughter, but when she was old enough, even then it was up to her to decide what her belief system was and not group belief that had been drilled into her head. So you ask if I judge the parents of these children I damn sure do. If they had Bush tee shirts on it would not make one bit of difference to me these parents would be just as responsible and ignorant as they are in the video.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Agreed, If I found out my kids were in school singing about politicians I would be in the principals office first thing the next morning. This isnt an issue with Obama its about the parents and the school or wherever the hell they were doing the singing.

It was at a private home. It says so in the video.

Who is ya'll? you mean your making a judgement that because someone doesn't agree with you is automatically a McCain supporter or for that matter a Bush supporter? I would NEVER try to begin to tell my daughter who and what person she should vote for based on a belief that I held. As a matter of fact my daughter is an adrdent supporter of Obama and it did not take any school or group to impress then on her when she was a child, she came to this on her OWN. Tell you what I hate. I hate that any parent would subject a child to a system that would press upon them a political belief. It runs against everything this country stands for, freedom to choose your own destiny. As a parent yes we went to church and so did our daughter, but when she was old enough, even then it was up to her to decide what her belief system was and not group belief that had been drilled into her head. So you ask if I judge the parents of these children I damn sure do. If they had Bush tee shirts on it would not make one bit of difference to me these parents would be just as responsible and ignorant as they are in the video.

So I take it you have a big problem with pledging the allegiance to a flag every day as well?

Or is nationalism and patriotism an ok thing to indoctrinate?

It was at a private home. It says so in the video.

Guess what, I'm an Obama supporter. Here is my problem with this board. Most of the people on here are no better than the politicians in congress. Very few of you can admit when the other party makes a gaffe or has a bad idea because you are so busy trying to be a hardcore Dem or Republican. Because I support Obama doesnt mean that I cant say that the video is strange. I'm not trying to attack you because 90% of the posters in this thread are exactly the same. They will go to the grave with the Republicans no matter what they say. Its sad people have become so conditioned, almost like dogs.

Guess what, I'm an Obama supporter. Here is my problem with this board. Most of the people on here are no better than the politicians in congress. Very few of you can admit when the other party makes a gaffe or has a bad idea because you are so busy trying to be a hardcore Dem or Republican. Because I support Obama doesnt mean that I cant say that the video is strange. I'm not trying to attack you because 90% of the posters in this thread are exactly the same. They will go to the grave with the Republicans no matter what they say. Its sad people have become so conditioned, almost like dogs.

What?

All I did was point out that the video wasn't shot in a school. Which I had already mentioned. Twice. And has been pointed out, the video has nothing to do with Obama, its not a "gaffe or a bad idea".

And congratulations, you think its strange. So do I. Read the thread and find both times that I've said it was weird/bad before you come attacking me for partisanship.

I don't give a shit who you support, read the thread before you involve yourself so people don't have to keep going over the same shit.

So I take it you have a big problem with pledging the allegiance to a flag every day as well?

Or is nationalism and patriotism an ok thing to indoctrinate?

"Citizens by birth or choice, of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections. The name of AMERICAN, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of Patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations." George Washington

Main Entry: pa·tri·ot·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈpā-trē-ə-ˌti-zəm, chiefly British ˈpa-\
Function: noun
Date: circa 1726
: love for or devotion to one's country

The Pledge of Allegiance to the United States flag is an oath of loyalty to the country

If you cannot see the difference here between someone showing a love of country and indoctrination then I am afriad this arguement is lost on you. The pledge is an oath to ones country , not a POLITCAL VIEW or an oath to a person.

A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle. ~George William Curtis

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. ~James Bryce

So no I don't believe that the pledge is a form of indoctrination as I don't believe all those who came before me, that believed in patriotism was a form of it as well like. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Peter Salem, and right down to Dorrie Miller till now.

"Citizens by birth or choice, of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections. The name of AMERICAN, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of Patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations." George Washington

Main Entry: pa·tri·ot·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈpā-trē-ə-ˌti-zəm, chiefly British ˈpa-\
Function: noun
Date: circa 1726
: love for or devotion to one's country

The Pledge of Allegiance to the United States flag is an oath of loyalty to the country

If you cannot see the difference here between someone showing a love of country and indoctrination then I am afriad this arguement is lost on you. The pledge is an oath to ones country , not a POLITCAL VIEW or an oath to a person.

A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle. ~George William Curtis

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. ~James Bryce

So no I don't believe that the pledge is a form of indoctrination as I don't believe all those who came before me, that believed in patriotism was a form of it as well like. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Peter Salem, and right down to Dorrie Miller till now.

Teaching someone to love something, worship it, believe in it, etc, etc, is indoctrination.

Your confusing what the word means. Just because something is indoctrinated doesn't mean its bad.

Oh and indoctrination has nothing to do with political views. You can indoctrinate to any number of things. And you say that doing it to a person is indoctrination, but to a country isn't? Do explain why that is.

Teaching someone to love something, worship it, believe in it, etc, etc, is indoctrination.

Your confusing what the word means. Just because something is indoctrinated doesn't mean its bad.

Oh and indoctrination has nothing to do with political views. You can indoctrinate to any number of things. And you say that doing it to a person is indoctrination, but to a country isn't? Do explain why that is.

So you admit children are being indoctrinated to love Obama and that indoctrination is being turned into a campaign pitch for Obama.

Obama is NOT the source of freedom and happiness.

So you admit children are being indoctrinated to love Obama and that indoctrination is being turned into a campaign pitch for Obama.

Evidence that its being turned into a campaign pitch for Obama, or that Obamas campaign had anything to do with this?

Evidence that its being turned into a campaign pitch for Obama, or that Obamas campaign had anything to do with this?

t-shirts, in UN blue
banners
lyrics
public posting
professional production

You're saying this ISN'T meant to boost Obama?

Forum List

Back