Cult Personality of George W. Bush

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
The president of the United States under the Bush years was a cult personality built around religious zealotry of the christian right or at least this is how the far left saw it. They feared that a president who uttered the phrase "God bless you" was a threat to their civil liberties because everyone might become christian. They feared a mass wave of christian converts would take over the country because the president was a christian.

The cult personality that existed during those years did not exist in the minds of George W. Bush or most conservatives (who rightfully saw no objection to the president's beliefs) but in the minds of most liberals who feared that his very words would cause us to give up our own beliefs and become "christian". What else could explain the objection to a president's religion or expression of as a violation of the first amendment which starts out with "congress shall pass no law..." when no law that would violate the first amendment was ever proposed.

How do you explain how a "personality" makes people think different or become that personality? Its laws that we must fear as a threat to our civil liberties and not the religious views of the president.

Last edited:
The president of the United States under the Bush years was a cult personality built around religious zealotry of the christian right or at least this is how the far left saw it. They feared that a president who uttered the phrase "God bless you" was a threat to their civil liberties because everyone might become christian. They feared a mass wave of christian converts would take over the country because the president was a christian.

The cult personality that existed during those years did not exist in the minds of George W. Bush or most conservatives (who rightfully saw no objection to the president's beliefs) but in the minds of most liberals who feared that his very words would cause us to give up our own beliefs and become "christian". What else could explain the objection to a president's religion or expression of as a violation of the first amendment which starts out with "congress shall pass no law..." when no law that would violate the first amendment was ever proposed.

How do you explain how a "personality" makes people think different or become that personality? Its laws that we must fear as a threat to our civil liberties and not the religious views of the president.

Do you always paint with such a broad brush?

It was a broad brush for about 6 years there...

Then the independent and Libertarian parties started to gain more members.
But the Demoncratic party membership stayed about the same...

• Banned

Its not a broad brush because that is all I heard from liberals during the Bush years and even a lot of republicans who happen to vote for McCain.

My point is is that there is no reason to object to someone's christian views when those views are their and not yours and I wonder what is the mentality of the left when they assume the personality of the leader determines the personalities of individual people.

Its not a broad brush because that is all I heard from liberals during the Bush years and even a lot of republicans who happen to vote for McCain.

My point is is that there is no reason to object to someone's christian views when those views are their and not yours and I wonder what is the mentality of the left when they assume the personality of the leader determines the personalities of individual people.

why? You got me, ask the Palin supporters.

Go study the DOJ scandal.

They were replacing professionals with christains from a fourth tier law school.

They were prosicuting people on a political basis for Jesus.

They were replacing professionals with christains from a fourth tier law school.

Yep just check and see how many law graduates of Falwells college that the Bush Admin hired.

I am an Independent, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. However, Bush and the party he represented openly admitted they founded their principles on Christian and family beliefs. However, their actions have spoen much louder than their slogans. This turns many people, including myself, off to their entire message.

Its laws that we must fear as a threat to our civil liberties and not the religious views of the president.

Would you be happy with a Muslim President?

Many I have talked to couldn't care less about Mr. Bush's religion. The only potential issue that arises is the concern during his tenure that Mr. Bush would seek to legislate his religion, despite the best interests of the nation.

What cases can you think of where people were prosecuted for Jesus?

Choosing Christians over non-Christians is a violation of the equal employment guidelines probably established by the federal government and it was probably done as a political favor to friends which is also illegal assuming that is true. The crime in this case is not Bush's religious views but the hiring practices he might have engaged in because religion is not a crime under any known law.

Unfortunately most people really are just sheep in the end. For the most part they simply buy into what ever story-line the Liberal dominated MSM creates for a particular politician. For Bush,the Liberal Press created an "Evil Nazi Religious Fanatic" story-line and for their Hopey Changey they have created a "Noble Hope & Change Abraham Lincoln Messiah" story-line. It's all about the Liberal MSM and their Goebbels-like propaganda. The guy with the (R) by his or her name is "Evil" but the guy with the (D) by his or her name is "Good." You would think most Americans would have figured this media game out by now. Maybe in time they will. I'm not too optimistic on that one though.

Bush used the religious right...just like Reagan before him.

As far as I can tell, the only thing Bush came through for them was funneling tax money into church coffers.

But he didn't end abortion or outlaw gays like they hoped.

He fooled them twice...pretty impressive when you think about it.

Didn't Bush claim that God told him to invade Iraq?

Its laws that we must fear as a threat to our civil liberties and not the religious views of the president.

Would you be happy with a Muslim President?

Many I have talked to couldn't care less about Mr. Bush's religion. The only potential issue that arises is the concern during his tenure that Mr. Bush would seek to legislate his religion, despite the best interests of the nation.

Why would I be opposed to a Muslim president? As long as he ain't trying to make us attend a mosque then what would be the big deal.

This is the question I am asking of people who objected to Bush's christianity. Why would you object to a president being christian, expressing those views, or even falsely using that religion to make yourself more appealable to christians when the power to hold your own beliefs is not abridged by the government itself.

Didn't Bush claim that God told him to invade Iraq?

Even if that was true (which it ain't) tell me how your own rights to think differently was violated by the president's wishes?

You might be correct that a president who bases his actions on the commands of God might be dangerous. That argument by itself might be pretty valid but when you combine it with everything else the left wants to do and the relentless attacks against people expressing religious views that are christian then you get a picture that its not about a religious nutcase in the whitehouse but about a christian being in the whitehouse.

This is the question I am asking of people who objected to Bush's christianity.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I have yet to meet anyone that objected to Mr. Bush, or anyone for that matter, being Christian. The issue with his religion, which is the same issue many voters I know have with Palin, is the fear that he/she will legislate based on religion, not upon the interest of the nation.

Ultimately, we want our leaders to check religion at the door and do what is in the best interest of the survival of our nation.

This is the question I am asking of people who objected to Bush's christianity.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I have yet to meet anyone that objected to Mr. Bush, or anyone for that matter, being Christian. The issue with his religion, which is the same issue many voters I know have with Palin, is the fear that he/she will legislate based on religion, not upon the interest of the nation.

Ultimately, we want our leaders to check religion at the door and do what is in the best interest of the survival of our nation.

Yet the common cry from the left is is I didn't vote for Palin because she is a religious freak yet she attends church regularly just like any other person. How does that make someone a religious nut or dangerous.

However we seem not to be allowed to have the same concern when Obama's church preaches some pretty weird stuff.

Last edited:

Admit it....Bush was your Messiah

Forum List

Back