Cuddles With Chris Matthews

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Don't call it 'Hardball'
    Brent Bozell

April 27, 2005

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/printbb20050427.shtml

2. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    the interview with zell miller was pricless....zel challenged him to a duel and wanted to kick his arse

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

LOL I saw that, it was great.

4. BR-549

BR-549 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Tonight!!! Chrisee only plays "Hardball" with Republicans with Dems it's "Puffball". I watch occasionally to see how the left thinks but Chrisee since about last February (And I e-mailed him with same observation) has dropped all pretense at objectivity and resorted to good ole Demo-leftie bias.. His ratings have got to be so low no one cares. NBC keeps MSNBC afloat just so it doesn't look bad tanking another useless liberal news "network".

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Could be. Matthews was spokesman for Tip O'Neill back in the day, so he's a big-government kinda guy, but more in a GI Bill sort of way. Call him a Male Democrat, a vanishing but not extinct breed. I usually see him shooting straight, but I don't doubt he's got a soft spot for some libbies.

6. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Bozell hit the nail on the head with this one. I used to be a semi-regular viewer of "Hardball", as regular as someone with my hours can be. It was obvious that Matthews was to the left in his own views, but I found him to be pretty fair and, best of all, he didn't back off on tough questions for people on the left. I remember him giving a decent grilling to John Edwards early on in the presidential campaign.

I was actually looking forward to his interview with John Kerry, and I even taped it to make sure I wouldn't miss it. I couldn't wait to see Kerry's reaction when Matthews refused to back down on something. Boy, was I disappointed. Matthews sat across from him with a gleam in his eye like he'd found a long lost love. He did everything short of kneeling down and shining John Kerry's shoes, and his idea of not backing down that night was making sure Kerry got his version of a story across. Since then, I turned "Softball" off and only went back to see Zell Miller tear him a new butthole.