Cubs to Get Pujols!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I heard on the radio coming in that it's a done deal. The Cards will let the noon deadline pass and the Ricketts family will commit to him. It could be the missing piece to puzzle.

Here is the team:

Line-up:
Castro SS r
Fukudome CF l
Pujols RF l - Pujols is very Athletic and fast for his size, he has a cannon for an arm and has played well in the OF
ARam 3B r
Pena 1B l
Soriano LF r
Soto C r
Dewitt 2B l

Rotation:
Garza R - This kid is going to be a monster stud! Great pick up.
Zambrano R - I am hopelessly optimissitic, but I think Pujols will have a positive influence on Z and Z will turn it around and be an ace like pitcher again
Cashner R - Every great team has a break out youngster Cashner will be it for us.
Dempster R - Not a bad 4th starter!
Silva R - Was great in the last half of season

Pen:
Closer - Marmol: Unhittable when throwing strikes
Set Up - Wood R and Marshall L - That is as good of a set-up tandem as you will get in ML
R:
Mateo
Wells - Long-Relief

L:
Maine
Grabow

I am excited about the Cubs again!

Exec: Cubs will offer Pujols the "A-Rod deal" - Chi Ball
Jon Heyman tweets out yet another rumor that have the Cubs giving Pujols a similar deal to what the Rangers gave Alex Rodriguez.

Adding Pujols to a younger team that the Cubs are starting to develop, however could make it fit within the budget. Surrounding Pujols with cost-controlled talent like Starlin Castro, Tyler Colvin, Brett Jackson, and Geovany Soto makes it easier to commit 25 mil to one player.

The questions surrounding Pujols' age, and whether he used any PEDs are just more reasons to make you nervous about the length and dollars involved. Without the Yankees involvement it seems the Cubs are the hot rumored destination.

They can't even negotiate with him until after this season is over unless there is a trade and it hinders on him signing an extension.

Cubs haven't won in 100 years...

This won't make any difference

Pujols is quickly migrating towards douche status in my book.

I just read that he turned down 8 years $200 million from the Cards.

For a contract that expires when he's 39 he's not worth THAT money let alone a contract that surpasses the AROD deal in dollars and years.

Any team that gives him THAT deal is going to be choking on the second half of the contract.

Just ask the Yankees. The AROD deal was a huge mistake. Such a contract for Pujols would be no different.

For a contract that expires when he's 39 he's not worth THAT money let alone a contract that surpasses the AROD deal in dollars and years.

Any team that gives him THAT deal is going to be choking on the second half of the contract.

Just ask the Yankees. The AROD deal was a huge mistake. Such a contract for Pujols would be no different.

8 yr $200 mil? Seriously. I thought he was seeking $25 mil a year shorter contract. WOW, I take it back, any team that signs him is in a for the dunce cap.

Guarantee he is older than his birth certificate says he is. He is injury prone. He was linked to roid. I have to agree, he is even more of douche bag (all Cards in my book are douche bags)!

8 yr $200 mil? Seriously. I thought he was seeking $25 mil a year shorter contract. WOW, I take it back, any team that signs him is in a for the dunce cap.

Guarantee he is older than his birth certificate says he is. He is injury prone. He was linked to roid. I have to agree, he is even more of douche bag (all Cards in my book are douche bags)!

Where and how was Pujols linked to steroids?

To my knowledge, Pujols has never been implicated in any possible way in the steroid scandal. There's speculation but that's about it. He's always been red hot at the plate except for an injury year where his numbers were a little below his usual. Otherwise I don't really see anything about him physically that indicates steroid usage.

wow someone no one knows personally is signed to a team that no one is involved with! how cool! my life has meaning now!

If the Yanks overpay on a deal, they just overpay two other guys to make up for it

ARod did manage to win two MVPs in that timescale. More than Jeter managed to win

Forum List

Back