Cubs '07 W.S. Champs!!!

It's hard to believe, but l'm glad they got in the celebration today, the worse that can happen it's the last this year, but we've got two more possibilities!

It's the Cubs
Why the Cubs? Hey, why not the Cubs?

"You know what?" one NL GM said. "It's that kind of year. Everybody's flawed. So why not them?"

Exactly. Especially because if they don't win it all this season, you know what that means. It means they'll have to spend an entire season next year hearing about how they've gone a whole frigging century without winning a World Series.

And how many other teams have gone a whole century without winning a World Series? None, naturally. So what more incentive could one franchise possibly need?

"That's the best reason," the same GM said. "It's impossible to go a century. Isn't it?"

Well, you'd think. Except, after all, they are the Cubs.

But these Cubs are better than you think if you stopped paying attention when Carlos Zambrano was throwing that haymaker at Michael Barrett.

Since June 3, they have the fourth-best record in baseball (63-46). That should tell you something.

They had a winning record on the road this year (41-40), and only one other NL playoff team (the Phillies) can say that. That should tell you something, too.

AP Photo/ Stacie Freudenberg

From lovable losers to World Series champions? Good things come to those who wait.
Their pitching was so good and so deep, they allowed the second-fewest runs in the National League (behind only San Diego) and the third-fewest in baseball (behind Boston and San Diego). That's how you win in October, isn't it?

Their manager, that Lou Piniella guy, has won a World Series. None of the other NL managers has ever won a postseason series. And "the manager makes a big difference in the postseason," one AL executive says. "Lou has so much more experience. That should be a big advantage."

We'll admit their lineup is a mystery. Even Piniella is out of explanations for why this group hasn't hit. But wait. They had the highest slugging percentage in the league in September, outhomering both the Phillies and Rockies. So at least we know they can hit.

And if October experience means anything, they can run a lineup out there in which everybody but Ryan Theriot has been there, done that.

So think it through. Why not the Cubs? That's where we're coming from.

We could be wrong about any of these eight teams. So if we're going down, why go down with one of those easy, trendy, convenient picks? Might as well go down riding the best story out there.

And if we're wrong, heck, blame us. Those billy goats deserve the next century off, anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=3047027

Bo Sox....

Beckett just threw a four hit complete game shutout in game one of the ALDS.

total dominance

Well Chicago doesnt look like its in good shape. Even if they manage to get by Arizona, there Colorado or Philadelphia will not be a push over.

And if Philadelphia loses, im routing for Cleveland.

I fucking hate the cubs.

I predict they will flake out early in the playoffs.

Not just because they suck... well, ok, yes... because they suck.

You heard it here first. This is DA Cubs year baby!

Nice prediction :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Feels really good to laugh at one of the most pathetic teams in pro sports, from the most miserable city on the planet, with the biggest pieces of shit for fans:

Goat, Cubs goat! Fans try exorcising curse by skining goat
Oct. 6, 2007
CBSSports.com wire reports

CHICAGO -- Holy Cow! This is no way to exorcise the billy goat curse.
A grainy 14-second video posted on YouTube this week shows Chicago police cutting down what looks like a skinned goat's carcass from the right arm of the Harry Caray statue outside Wrigley Field.

Gary Yamashiroya, commander of the Chicago Police district that includes Wrigley, told the Chicago Sun-Times in a story posted Saturday on its website that officers were called out to the ballpark at 5:35 a.m. Wednesday to check out reports of something hanging from the bronze statue.

Yamashiroya told the paper the goat appeared to be from a butcher but added: "I certainly hope someone didn't kill a goat for a practical joke."

A Cubs spokesman said the organization was aware of the incident but declined comment.

The curse dates to the 1945 World Series, when the Cubs refused to let the owner of the famed Billy Goat tavern bring his goat to the game.

AP NEWS

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10392906

My Cardinals blew nuts this year, but they wouldn't have shat all over themselves like the Scrubs did :eusa_dance:

ok....

I wont make a big deal....

but I told you so.

Hey, I know what you mean. MY Cards pooped out early too.

Guess the CUBS (Cannot Understand Baseball after September) will just have to keep on saying, "Wait 'til next year!"

And one of my buddies who was born adn raised on the south side bet me a case of beer that the Cubs would win the World Series! Easiest case of beer I ever won!

But at least Chicagoans still have their Bears! LOL!

I am glad the city got in the party, before they played any games. ;)

Nice prediction :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Feels really good to laugh at one of the most pathetic teams in pro sports, from the most miserable city on the planet, with the biggest pieces of shit for fans:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10392906

My Cardinals blew nuts this year, but they wouldn't have shat all over themselves like the Scrubs did :eusa_dance:

Salt on a wound my friend! :sad:
First Bartman, then BoSox, thenWhite Sux, then the fucking Dead-birds (who I personally hate more than any pro team, except for the Packers of course) to the pathetic '07 sweeping by the weak DBacks team. If there is a god he/she is not a Cubs fan!:mad:

Salt on a wound my friend! :sad:
First Bartman, then BoSox, thenWhite Sux, then the fucking Dead-birds (who I personally hate more than any pro team, except for the Packers of course) to the pathetic '07 sweeping by the weak DBacks team. If there is a god he/she is not a Cubs fan!:mad:

even if the cubs had made it past the Dbacks, the Rockies are a nonstop juggarnaut at the moment. You got to respect a team that was essentially out of the running and has come back to win 19 of the last 20 games. Hell they just swept the Phils who were also on fire.

I have no doubt that Rockies are going to be in the World Series. I dont particular want them to win, but they are freaking unstoppable at the moment.

Forum List

Back