Cuba

I think it's about time we stopped acting like hypocrites. Well, we'll no doubt still act that way, but Cuba will be one less example of it.

I think we're preparing to see Cuba becoming something other than the pariah we've been trying to make it into.

We trade with China, and Russia and we've managed not to become a communist nation.

I think we'll survive if we have diplomatic relations with Cuba, again.

How is us begining relations with cuba resulting in us no longer being "hypocrites"?

We'll still be hypocrites. There will just be one less example of it. And that's good. One of the numerous reasons we are disliked is because we are hypocrites who say one thing and do another all the time. Cuba was and is a clear example of that.

Last edited:
How is us begining relations with cuba resulting in us no longer being "hypocrites"?

We'll still be hypocrites. There will just be one less example of it. And that's good. One of the numerous reasons we are disliked is because we are hypocrites who say one thing and do another all the time. Cuba was a clear example of that.

What were we saying, and what did we actually do? your argument doesnt make sense.

I think we're preparing to see Cuba becoming something other than the pariah we've been trying to make it into.

We trade with China, and Russia and we've managed not to become a communist nation.

i see what you are saying, but what does cuba have that we neeed. you know? they are communist tryants threatening to nuc us a while back. whos needs them you know?

What were we saying, and what did we actually do? your argument doesnt make sense.

It's not an argument. It's a simple statement of fact. It's not an opinion. We're hypocrites. Sorry. Ask yourself a simple question: Why do we have a trade embargo and travel restrictions regarding Cuba?

It's not an argument. It's a simple statement of fact. It's not an opinion. We're hypocrites. Sorry. Ask yourself a simple question: Why do we have a trade embargo and travel restrictions regarding Cuba?

ok, hmm, are we a communist nation who force our people to do nothing but good for the government and only the government who is run my two brothers who dont give a damn about anyone but the wealth and power of themselves. does our government kill anyone who speaks out against them. did we almost bomb there capital with a nuclear missle? how are we hypocrites? becuase thats what we had no relations with them

Hypocrite - a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

i see what you are saying, but what does cuba have that we neeed. you know? they are communist tryants threatening to nuc us a while back. whos needs them you know?

They have a boatload of doctors for one thing. That's one issue Fidel was crazy about...having enough doctors.

Sugar cane for the other.

Beautiful beaches, another.

The best cigars in the world.

Some of the best antique cars in the world.

ok, hmm, are we a communist nation who force our people to do nothing but good for the government and only the government who is run my two brothers who dont give a damn about anyone but the wealth and power of themselves.

Thanks for making my point! Wow this is easy. Cuba's government is no worse than tons of other ones, including our bankers and BFF trading partner, China. Human rights? Please. Ever hear of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia or Congo? There is NOTHING Cuba does that countless of our current trading partners and "allies" don't also do. Hence, we are hypocrites. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
What I want to know is why to Cubans get to travel there but not "Americans".

That seems like some kind of BS discrimination. If anyone gets to go all should be able to.

They have a boatload of doctors for one thing. That's one issue Fidel was crazy about...having enough doctors.

Sugar cane for the other.

Beautiful beaches, another.

The best cigars in the world.

Some of the best antique cars in the world.

these arent things we need

we have doctors well more educated ( this is my guess id have to look further into it)

beautiful beaches? look around the world i think we can manage without them

best cigars? too-shay

and as for the antique cars. dont reward them for being out of date

I hate what the Castro regime has done to my family. It has separated us, jailed us and took away my fathers family lifelong buisness. As a little boy I used to tell my mother that I wanted to go back and be the one to wipe him out.
I have mixed feelings about Cuba since I have grown up. I desire to see my family, many have passed away without me ever getting to see or know them. The ones who are still there suffer many hardships due to the economics and tyranical Castro government.
Lately I have been leaning towards a more open relationship with the island, after all it is the people who suffer from the embargo and not Castro himself. The US has established relations with Vietnam after all the American blood wastefully shed there. I have come to understand what Castro set out to do, or said anyways, and that was to make things more fair for the disadvantaged, but after getting the people behind his revolution, he turned on them and made them prisoners of his fanatical Communist ideas.
If only the US and the Cuban people would have been more diligent as to what was really going on in the late 50s, and not stood behind Batista, who was also a cruel leader, perhaps things would have been better for both countries. Personally, I would like to know my family before we all die without ever getting the chance.

ok, hmm, are we a communist nation who force our people to do nothing but good for the government and only the government who is run my two brothers who dont give a damn about anyone but the wealth and power of themselves.

Thanks for making my point! Wow this is easy. Cuba's government is no worse than tons of other ones, including our bankers and BFF trading partner, China. Human rights? Please. Ever hear of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia or Congo? There is NOTHING Cuba does that countless of our current trading partners and "allies" don't also do. Hence, we are hypocrites. Thanks for playing.

actually im against relations with all of those countries. Thanks for playing :)

I hate what the Castro regime has done to my family. It has separated us, jailed us and took away my fathers family lifelong buisness. As a little boy I used to tell my mother that I wanted to go back and be the one to wipe him out.
I have mixed feelings about Cuba since I have grown up. I desire to see my family, many have passed away without me ever getting to see or know them. The ones who are still there suffer many hardships due to the economics and tyranical Castro government.
Lately I have been leaning towards a more open relationship with the island, after all it is the people who suffer from the embargo and not Castro himself. The US has established relations with Vietnam after all the American blood wastefully shed there. I have come to understand what Castro set out to do, or said anyways, and that was to make things more fair for the disadvantaged, but after getting the people behind his revolution, he turned on them and made them prisoners of his fanatical Communist ideas.
If only the US and the Cuban people would have been more diligent as to what was really going on in the late 50s, and not stood behind Batista, who was also a cruel leader, perhaps things would have been better for both countries. Personally, I would like to know my family before we all die without ever getting the chance.

untill they change i dont beleive we should open relations i think dont think we should have began realtions with vietnam either.

What I want to know is why to Cubans get to travel there but not "Americans".

That seems like some kind of BS discrimination. If anyone gets to go all should be able to.
I agree with you. The more Americans that travel there, the more the American way of life, as far as freedom, and choice is concerned, the more the Cuban people will be exposed to it and perhaps topple the Communist government. The US has helped to topple government leaders in other countries in the past, by backing the opposition in one way or another. This might be the best way to do it there, who knows?

untill they change i dont beleive we should open relations i think dont think we should have began realtions with vietnam either.
Most of the people want to have the ability to befriend the US, it is the ones in power that dictate their will on the population.
I was shocked too when the US opened relations with Vietnam. If the US finds it beneficial economically or otherwise to do so, it seems to minimixe the tragic loss of American blood to achieve its goal.

Most of the people want to have the ability to befriend the US, it is the ones in power that dictate their will on the population.
I was shocked too when the US opened relations with Vietnam. If the US finds it beneficial economically or otherwise to do so, it seems to minimixe the tragic loss of American blood to achieve its goal.

lets hope theyre right

actually im against relations with all of those countries. Thanks for playing :)

Not relevant in the least. We aren't talking about YOU. This thread was not about your policy in regard to foreign nations. So while it's wonderful to hear your thoughts, let's try to stay on point.

Forum List

Back