Cuba, Venezuela may host Russian bombers

Fantastic place for a holiday if your idea of entertainment is the odd public beheading.

But I want to get falling down drunk too, I just don't make a fuss while I'm doing it. I can't stand people who can't handle their liquor.
I can't think of anyplace where people are known for handling booze well.

Fantastic place for a holiday if your idea of entertainment is the odd public beheading.

But I want to get falling down drunk too, I just don't make a fuss while I'm doing it. I can't stand people who can't handle their liquor.
I can't think of anyplace where people are known for handling booze well.

There are probably little outposts dotted around the world. It used to be the case here where it was considered de rigeur to not make a fuss, no matter how much you had to drink. Sadly that seems not to be the case today.

There are probably little outposts dotted around the world. It used to be the case here where it was considered de rigeur to not make a fuss, no matter how much you had to drink. Sadly that seems not to be the case today.
Times change, but not always for the better.

The Russian sense weakness in Obama. They would never do this under Reagan.

They would never do it under Bush either. Obama had better find a way to show a little strength or it's going to be a long 4 years,

Yeah, no the Russians didn't practice war games with Venezuela in the Carribian or anything while Bush was president.

What's the problem with Russia establishing air force bases is countries that are near us when we have air forces in countries near Russia?

There is a difference between having bombers near Russia when Russia also happens to be near a number of other countries in the world who actually threaten others than to have bombers in a region where that is not happening. They serve no purpose here than to deflect attention of their own people and create a sense of "them" and "us" that is dangerous and irresponsible.

They would never do it under Bush either. Obama had better find a way to show a little strength or it's going to be a long 4 years,

Yeah, no the Russians didn't practice war games with Venezuela in the Carribian or anything while Bush was president.

What's the problem with Russia establishing air force bases is countries that are near us when we have air forces in countries near Russia?

There is a difference between having bombers near Russia when Russia also happens to be near a number of other countries in the world who actually threaten others than to have bombers in a region where that is not happening. They serve no purpose here than to deflect attention of their own people and create a sense of "them" and "us" that is dangerous and irresponsible.

Who cares why Russia has bombers in Cuba and Venezuela? What is Ven going to do? Bomb us? Their biggest customer for oil? :lol:

WHAT?!?!?!

Russia and Venezuela and bombers in CUBA?

:rofl:

Say... WHO was I having a similar conversation with yesterday about this very type of arrangement?

:lol:

Forum List

Back