Cuba, Venezuela may host Russian bombers

Freemason

What the Dormouse Said
Mar 11, 2009
The Heart Of Darkness...The Horror
My Way News - Interfax: Cuba, Venezuela may host Russian bombers

Zhikharev said Chavez had offered "a whole island with an airdrome, which we can use as a temporary base for strategic bombers," the agency reported. "If there is a corresponding political decision, then the use of the island ... by the Russian Air Force is possible."

Interfax reported he said earlier that Cuba has air bases with four or five runways long enough for the huge bombers and could be used to host the long-range planes.

08:32 GMT Russian strategic bombers could use Cuban airfields during patrollingmissions - Air Force official...
07:57 GMT Chavez offers Venezuelan island to be used by Russian strategic bombers - Russian Air Force official...

Our new president is being tested. Maybe he'll send HRC over to talk with Russia. :doubt:

I don't get it. Why is this big news again?

If Russia wanted to attack the United States, it wouldn't exactly announce it. Who cares if Cuba or Vennezuela have Russian bombers? As long as they don't come over Florida and bomb.... errr, well scratch that. As long as they don't come over Georgia and bomb the hell out of Georgia, I don't really care where Russia has its bombers.

How close to Russia do we have bases that we use for our heavy bombers?

Turkey, Japan, Kyrgyzstan are all that I could find that are somewhat close to Russia. Not to mention we formed an alliance with Western Europe to formally oppose Russia. Something called NATO. In addition, we also have GROUND forces in several countries surrounding Russia. Georgia is one of them. How would we react if Russia landed ground troops in Cuba? It's amazing how the American media reacts to anything Russia does. OH NO! Cuba's going to host Russian bombers! Oh no!

The Russian sense weakness in Obama. They would never do this under Reagan.

A weakness created under Bush by expending our military in an unneccassary war. A weakness created in the uneccessary dabbling in the Nicuaraguan politics at the beginning of Chavez's elected term. A weakness proven when a terrorist can kill 3000 Americans on American soil and still be alive and free over seven years later.

I sense the hand of Ras Putin. He's suffering a bit in the poplularity stakes and there's nothing like a whiff of empire to get Russians warm and friendly with the leaders.

The downside is them being in Cuba. The next time I go there I don't want to see drunken Russians falling about all over the place. I won't go to Bali because of the drunken Aussies falling about all over the place.

What to do? What to do?

I sense the hand of Ras Putin. He's suffering a bit in the poplularity stakes and there's nothing like a whiff of empire to get Russians warm and friendly with the leaders.

The downside is them being in Cuba. The next time I go there I don't want to see drunken Russians falling about all over the place. I won't go to Bali because of the drunken Aussies falling about all over the place.

What to do? What to do?
Go to Saudi Arabia, booze is prohibited.

I think the Chinese, Russians, and North Koreans are going to push until Obama pushes back.

A weakness created under Bush by expending our military in an unneccassary war. A weakness created in the uneccessary dabbling in the Nicuaraguan politics at the beginning of Chavez's elected term. A weakness proven when a terrorist can kill 3000 Americans on American soil and still be alive and free over seven years later.

Is this the same terrorist clinton had three chances to arrest and didn't?

What to do? What to do?
Go to Saudi Arabia, booze is prohibited.

Fantastic place for a holiday if your idea of entertainment is the odd public beheading.

But I want to get falling down drunk too, I just don't make a fuss while I'm doing it. I can't stand people who can't handle their liquor.

The Russians won't bomb the US. Obama made a deal with them, remember?

Obama 'ready to drop shield plans for Russian help on Iran'

Of course, the Obama Administration denied this. :eusa_whistle:

oh he offered them that deal. Russia, of course, refused. The right way to go about it was to say "We are going to disarm Iran and we expect you to help us." then they could have said "Only if you drop the Missile shield". But Obama wasn't experienced enough to know that strategy. Go figure.

They would never do it under Bush either. Obama had better find a way to show a little strength or it's going to be a long 4 years,

Yeah, no the Russians didn't practice war games with Venezuela in the Carribian or anything while Bush was president.

What's the problem with Russia establishing air force bases is countries that are near us when we have air forces in countries near Russia?

Forum List

Back