CU v. FEC & the NRA

and who the hell are you to decide if I need a gun or not? And who the hell is the government to decide I need a gun or not?

Do you realize the statistical odds of a non criminal background person being killed by a gun used by another person? You risk your life far more pulling out of a driveway every day and going to work.

Don't care...

Fact is, you don't NEED a gun.

You WANT a gun.

Which is fine, but you only get them if you do so on terms the rest of us agree to.
It's called the "Bill of Rights", not the "Bill of Needs", comrade.

Sorry if you have disdain for other people's Freedoms because of your ideology... You're welcome not to exercise your Freedoms, but you don't have the Right to tell others they cannot exercise their Freedoms, or how they can go about doing it.

Um, yeah, actually, I do.

If you had a big groundswell to ban guns in this country, we'd have it. That's why the NRA has to spend so much money fighting for this minority position.

Most AMericans really don't want their neighbors to have small aresenals...

The fact the NRA has to spend ridiculous amounts of money defending our Constitutional Rights from idiots like you is what is wrong with America. Now go in the corner, curl up, and think about how my AK-47 scares you.

He gonna have to pry Granny's Uzi from her cold, dead hands...
:eusa_shifty:
Debate answer on assault weapons ban could cause problems for Obama
November 01, 2012 - President Obama may have been tossing a bone to his base, but one answer in the second presidential debate could come back to haunt him with a key voter group -- gun owners.
When asked what the administration has done or plans to do to limit assault weapons at the Oct. 16 debate, Obama said part of the solution to gun violence "is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced." That comment caught fire with gun owners. "If there are undecided voters who put the Second Amendment as their first issue, then certainly the president's remark about bringing back any type of gun ban is going to chase away those voters," said Joe Eaton, a regional coordinator with the Buckeye Firearms Association in Ohio.

One of those is independent voter Robert Brewer from Cincinnati. When he heard the president's renewed support for an assault weapons ban, Brewer said, "I was thinking I was born in a country (where) I had a right to keep and bear arms and I don't know what he's talking about. It goes against the Constitution, which gives me the right to keep and bear arms and that right shall not be infringed." Pro-gun activists never considered President Obama an ally, after he campaigned in favor of such a gun ban in 2008. Once in the White House, however, Obama did not pursue it. After the mass shooting in Colorado, Obama aides said that the president supports the ban that expired in 2004. But the president had not called for reinstating it until the recent debate.

In Colorado, another important battleground state, Rich Wyatt heard the president loud and clear. "He wants to do something that is complete violation of our Second Amendment rights and that's going to hurt him when it comes to swing states like Colorado," said Wyatt, owner of the Gunsmoke gun store outside of Denver. While gun owners may not consider Obama their friend on firearms issues, legislatively he hasn't done anything serious to hurt them. His comment, though, could wake a sleeping giant in a few key places.

Nationwide, there are 90 million gun owners in the U.S., but in the eight critical swing states, already this year more than 2.1 million potential voters bought guns. Some bought for personal protection, others for target shooting. But in those eight states -- Colorado, Iowa, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin -- 2 million hold hunting licenses. That includes 413,710 in Ohio, and 288,086 in Colorado, two states critical to the president's re-election. "I am definitely concerned," said new mother Stephanie Thomas, as her baby was sleeping in a carrier on a gun display case inside Target World, an Ohio gun shop. "I wanted to come in and make my purchase before the election."

Read more: Debate answer on assault weapons ban could cause problems for Obama | Fox News

and who the hell are you to decide if I need a gun or not? And who the hell is the government to decide I need a gun or not?

Do you realize the statistical odds of a non criminal background person being killed by a gun used by another person? You risk your life far more pulling out of a driveway every day and going to work.

Don't care...

You WANT a gun.

Which is fine, but you only get them if you do so on terms the rest of us agree to.

this is a frightening statement

Sorry if you have disdain for other people's Freedoms because of your ideology... You're welcome not to exercise your Freedoms, but you don't have the Right to tell others they cannot exercise their Freedoms, or how they can go about doing it.

Um, yeah, actually, I do.

If you had a big groundswell to ban guns in this country, we'd have it. That's why the NRA has to spend so much money fighting for this minority position.

Most AMericans really don't want their neighbors to have small aresenals...

can we have a link to the small arsenal comment?

BTW what is a "small arsenal" ?

Last edited:
The funny thing about this is that Obama hasn't proposed any gun legislation.

The Democrats have completely given up on this issue (at least on the national level) since Clinton's hugging shooting victims cost Al Gore the 2000 election. Prominant Democrats wouldn't be caught having a drink with Sarah Brady at this point.

So why doesn't the NRA declare mission accomplished?

Because they really only make money by getting the Bubba Rednecks in fear someone is going to take their guns...

clinton hugging shooting victims didn't cost gore the 2000 election. gore's desire to separate himself from his form boss is what cost him. it should never have been close enough for the court to appoint a president.

Don't care...

You WANT a gun.

this is a frightening statement

Only to you.

Okay, let's put it another way.

You want a car.

Which is fine, but you only get one if you do so on terms the rest of us agree to.

Which means you don't drive drunk.
You obey the rules of the road.
You get liability insurance.
You take mandetory training and get a license.

That's simple enough.

Same with a gun.

You should be allowed to own one, as long as you aren't packing enough heat to take on a platoon, aren't talking crazy shit about overthrowing the government, and aren't a crazy person in general.

This insanity that Loughner or Holmes could walk into a gun store and buy a gun when everyone in their lives knew they were crazy, that's just fuckin' nuts, and you know it.

The funny thing about this is that Obama hasn't proposed any gun legislation.

The Democrats have completely given up on this issue (at least on the national level) since Clinton's hugging shooting victims cost Al Gore the 2000 election. Prominant Democrats wouldn't be caught having a drink with Sarah Brady at this point.

So why doesn't the NRA declare mission accomplished?

Because they really only make money by getting the Bubba Rednecks in fear someone is going to take their guns...

clinton hugging shooting victims didn't cost gore the 2000 election. gore's desire to separate himself from his form boss is what cost him. it should never have been close enough for the court to appoint a president.

I really don't think there were voters out there who loved Clinton and stayed home because Gore wasn't grateful enough to his boss.

But the Clinton Administration's hostility to gun laws probably cost Gore TN, his home state the ticket took in 92 and 96, but the Democrats haven't won since.

Forum List

Back