CTE

WheelieAddict

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2012
BMX biker Dave Mirra diagnosed with CTE - CNN.com

Playing sports, especially "extreme" like freestyle skiing, motocross/supercross, freestyle skate, freestyle bmx, etc etc. PLEASE if you get your bell rung one time to many, step back and evaluate, take a break. You don't have to quit and you may lose some money but your life is worth it. And if you have to quit it is ok. Life goes on after extreme sports, you don't have to prove you have no fear and are the best/if you are hurting the money isn't worth it. It isn't easy to leave the lifestyle but after you do it gets easier everyday. You don't have to push yourself the rest of your life to prove anything. It doesn't matter if anyone remembers what you did. You don't have to prove yourself to others or yourself. Dave was the best ever, he overdid it and it wasn't worth it. Even if you are known as an athlete, and that's what people expect you to be the rest of your life......and it hurts too much just quit. You will find true friends and family that accept your decision and help you on with life.

too late for so many now.....as this becomes known and people begin to add up their passed concussions.....when they hit 3 or more the concern is obvious on their faces now....not one of mine if from sports...seems i like falling on my head....i am hoping it is just as hard as my father says it is

Many young males have brains that do not process "danger" adequately, and they see what is actually an unacceptable risk of harm as a potential for "fun." With maturity, this attitude fades away.

This is a good thing for War. 18 and 19-year olds will do crazy stuff if you motivate them properly. But is IS crazy stuff. A 25-year-old might just tell the Sergeant that, "No, that particular sniper's hideout isn't important enough for me to go on a virtual suicide mission to take it out."

Good parents don't encourage their kids to do crazy shit. Including playing American football.

At least in my opinion.

as one of them moms who refused to allow my son to play football.....it does make one a social outcast...son is good however and that was my goal not impressing a bunch of glory day assholes

Forum List

Back