Crystal Mangum

On the other hand, maybe you can explain why Michael Vick kills some dogs and gets prison time while Ben Rothlisberger violates two human beings and only has to miss some games?

I can. There was no evidence available to incriminate, let alone arrest, Ben Roethlisberger for anything. No evidence, no case. We don't try and convict people in the media.

Really?

How about we include a few more 'devils'?

Duke Professors Reject Calls to Apologize to Lacrosse Players

"Wednesday’s letter was signed by 87 members of Duke’s faculty, including 90 percent of the African and African American studies department, 60 percent of the women’s studies and a third of the English department.

Professors who signed the letter said they had received vicious and threatening e-mails after the advertisement was published. Dubbed “The Group of 88,” the professors became targets for all those charging that Duke professors were left-leaning and close-minded. The professors, however, say their initial intent has been misrepresented. "

Not sure I get your meaning. Are you saying that I should include you in with the devil's or that the people reported on in this article are also devils? My position was never that this was fair for the lacrosse players to have been treated that way. My point is that it is unfair to say that this one instance shows a pattern of bias in favor of african americans, which is what was being said by the "devil's" I commented on. This mockery of justice is the exact type of thing that blacks and other minorities have suffered regularly in this country for centuries, and still continue to suffer to this day. To cry foul in this instance and not reccognize all the other historical instances of the shoe being on the other foot (i.e. the Kobe Bryant example I gave) is to take hypocrisy to new, Michael Jordan slam dunk-like levels. I hope this isn't what you are saying.

Well, then, my apology.
I had read your post as decrying the posters as devils.

If by "posters" you mean IanC, Tank, SlikCity19, sunni man and the like then you are absolutely correct. I was decryinig them as devils. So once again, are you saying I should include you with them or that the people reported on in this article are also devils?

Not sure I get your meaning. Are you saying that I should include you in with the devil's or that the people reported on in this article are also devils? My position was never that this was fair for the lacrosse players to have been treated that way. My point is that it is unfair to say that this one instance shows a pattern of bias in favor of african americans, which is what was being said by the "devil's" I commented on. This mockery of justice is the exact type of thing that blacks and other minorities have suffered regularly in this country for centuries, and still continue to suffer to this day. To cry foul in this instance and not reccognize all the other historical instances of the shoe being on the other foot (i.e. the Kobe Bryant example I gave) is to take hypocrisy to new, Michael Jordan slam dunk-like levels. I hope this isn't what you are saying.

Well, then, my apology.

If by "posters" you mean IanC, Tank, SlikCity19, sunni man and the like then you are absolutely correct. I was decryinig them as devils. So once again, are you saying I should include you with them or that the people reported on in this article are also devils?

Let's review...

1. The Duke athletes were slandered, and abused.
Only these individuals...no one else is a victim here.

2. The chief culprit was Ms. Mangum.

3. The 88 or so professors who contributed to the assault on the white Duke athletes and have refused to apologize are, in my view, culpable as well, and I will label them with your term, devils.

Are you opposed to any of the above?
If so, I withdraw my apology to you, and my original post stands.

Well, then, my apology.

Let's review...

1. The Duke athletes were slandered, and abused.
Only these individuals...no one else is a victim here.

2. The chief culprit was Ms. Mangum.

3. The 88 or so professors who contributed to the assault on the white Duke athletes and have refused to apologize are, in my view, culpable as well, and I will label them with your term, devils.

Are you opposed to any of the above?
If so, I withdraw my apology to you, and my original post stands.

No disagreement from me on any of those points. When this sort of thing happens it makes it more difficult to convict the real rapists when they strike. Anyone who rapes someone else should have their genitals removed. Those who falsely accuse innocent people of rape should be penalized and publicly ridiculed in my opinion. Peace!

On the other hand, maybe you can explain why Michael Vick kills some dogs and gets prison time while Ben Rothlisberger violates two human beings and only has to miss some games?

I can. There was no evidence available to incriminate, let alone arrest, Ben Roethlisberger for anything. No evidence, no case. We don't try and convict people in the media.

O.J. Simpson got off due to lack of evidence as well. Do you believe that he was innocent? Furthermore, over the past several years several black men have been released from prison on rape charges in cases where they were innocent. The American justice system has shown over it's history that you don't need evidence to send someone to prison for years of their life even if they're innocent...unless they're whitemen.

I was going to comment, but this appears to be a devil's only meeting. I'll show myself out...

Really?

"Wednesday’s letter was signed by 87 members of Duke’s faculty, including 90 percent of the African and African American studies department, 60 percent of the women’s studies and a third of the English department.

Professors who signed the letter said they had received vicious and threatening e-mails after the advertisement was published. Dubbed “The Group of 88,” the professors became targets for all those charging that Duke professors were left-leaning and close-minded. The professors, however, say their initial intent has been misrepresented. "

Malcolm,
First of all, had the now-infamous case involved a White purported "victim", and a group of Black athletes falsely accused of kidnapping and rape, my reaction to the subsequent conduct of the accuser, the media, the prosecutor, the university and the local community would be precisely the same. I do not care to see anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, "railroaded" in such a fashion, anytime, anywhere in America. I do not care to see ANYONE, of whatever race, made the subject of what amounts to a public lynching of this kind, to include a prejudgment of guilt without benefit of a trial.

I have seen this sort of conduct before, by pandering prosecutors and a local media both complicit and credulous, with regard to Black defendants. I found it revolting in those cases, and I find it equally revolting in this case. I do think it telling in regard to the hypocrisy of the liberal elite that infest the ivy halls of academia, that the infamous "Group of 88" professors has yet to apologize for its actions in prejudging the guilt of the defendants (and for that matter, the other members of the lacrosse team), or in deliberately inflaming campus and community passions against the same. "That's not the way we intended it" is a feeble and cowardly excuse. Of course they knew; either that, or we have in evidence a group of phd.'s who do not comprehend the meaning of words in the English language! They accomplished precisely what they intended, right up until the moment when the lie they so gleefully swallowed was revealed for what it was! I hate to say it, but had the races been reversed, the rest of liberal academia might have subsequently condemned this shameful behavior; as it is, we hear nary a peep from the clucking pontificators of the liberal campus establishment who are more often more concerned with indoctrinating students than educating them. Lynching, it appears, is acceptable when liberals do it, so long as the lynchees are of the appropriate color and class. So much for the "integrity" of the academic Left, proudly held high here in all its reeking shame and infamous hypocrisy. Those "progressives" who constantly decry every "injustice", real or imagined, could do worse than to start with cleaning up the cesspool that serves as their intellectual fountainhead.

You are right to be disturbed by this case, as I am right to be disturbed when an injustice of this sort involves Black men. America is a nation of law, and whenever that law is ignored by a pandering prosecutor and a community whipped up into a lynch mob, then neither your rights, nor mine, are secure, no matter what the color of our skin..

What you mean is "We SHOULDN'T try and convict people in the media". In truth, it happens all the time, especially in high-profile cases. Unfortunately, Mike Nifong is not an aberration, a rare exception in the system. His species is all too common in America; a pandering, politically ambitious prosecutor determined to climb to the top, no matter how many innocent lives he ruins, or how many innocent bodies he climbs over. The truth is, that integrity is becoming a scarce commodity in this country; another victim of an "anything you can get away with goes" culture. We're beginning to get a society as rotten as we deserve by ignoring this.

Really?

Malcolm,
First of all, had the now-infamous case involved a White purported "victim", and a group of Black athletes falsely accused of kidnapping and rape, my reaction to the subsequent conduct of the accuser, the media, the prosecutor, the university and the local community would be precisely the same. I do not care to see anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, "railroaded" in such a fashion, anytime, anywhere in America. I do not care to see ANYONE, of whatever race, made the subject of what amounts to a public lynching of this kind, to include a prejudgment of guilt without benefit of a trial.

I have seen this sort of conduct before, by pandering prosecutors and a local media both complicit and credulous, with regard to Black defendants. I found it revolting in those cases, and I find it equally revolting in this case. I do think it telling in regard to the hypocrisy of the liberal elite that infest the ivy halls of academia, that the infamous "Group of 88" professors has yet to apologize for its actions in prejudging the guilt of the defendants (and for that matter, the other members of the lacrosse team), or in deliberately inflaming campus and community passions against the same. "That's not the way we intended it" is a feeble and cowardly excuse. Of course they knew; either that, or we have in evidence a group of phd.'s who do not comprehend the meaning of words in the English language! They accomplished precisely what they intended, right up until the moment when the lie they so gleefully swallowed was revealed for what it was! I hate to say it, but had the races been reversed, the rest of liberal academia might have subsequently condemned this shameful behavior; as it is, we hear nary a peep from the clucking pontificators of the liberal campus establishment who are more often more concerned with indoctrinating students than educating them. Lynching, it appears, is acceptable when liberals do it, so long as the lynchees are of the appropriate color and class. So much for the "integrity" of the academic Left, proudly held high here in all its reeking shame and infamous hypocrisy. Those "progressives" who constantly decry every "injustice", real or imagined, could do worse than to start with cleaning up the cesspool that serves as their intellectual fountainhead.

You are right to be disturbed by this case, as I am right to be disturbed when an injustice of this sort involves Black men. America is a nation of law, and whenever that law is ignored by a pandering prosecutor and a community whipped up into a lynch mob, then neither your rights, nor mine, are secure, no matter what the color of our skin..

It is my sincere opinion that liberals exist solely to whip up this kind of controversy. The liberal versus conservative battle is an illusion and a distraction because it doesn't matter which ideology is in office the policies of the corrupt government never change. The government is fighting as many unjustifiable wars under a liberal regime as it did under the previoius conservative one, and for the same reasons none the less. The conservative side of the coin is no better, the government grew more in size and scope under the conservative regime of George W. Bush more than any other administration in history. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't small government and limited government interference in buisness a conservativee value?!?! It's all a scam designed to divert our attention away from the reality that whether it's right wing or left wing it's still the same bird. And to the world's poor and disenfranchised who just so happen to also be overwhelmingly non-white, that bird may as well be the middle finger. This case shouldn't have even been about race. It's about rape. This country is so consumed by the racial issue that even occurences that aren't racially motivated end up becoming racial issues.

You need recorded history to try to balance out the last ten days.

Really? How many people do you think the devil whiteman's army has killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya over the last ten days? How many people do you think have lost their lives in the devil whiteman's drug trade over the last ten days? How many people have been thrown out into the streets, their homes stolen by the devil whiteman's corrupt banking institutions? I know these questions are pointless, as I am asking you what you "think". You have already made it painfully obvious that you don't .

Really? How many people do you think the devil whiteman's army has killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya over the last ten days? How many people do you think have lost their lives in the devil whiteman's drug trade over the last ten days? How many people have been thrown out into the streets, their homes stolen by the devil whiteman's corrupt banking institutions? I know these questions are pointless, as I am asking you what you "think". You have already made it painfully obvious that you don't .

Are you a member of NOI. ??

How many black children are abandoned by their own parents?

People who actually DO things are always criticized by those who are incapable of action.

People who actually DO things are always criticized by those who are incapable of action.

Only when the things they DO are evil. The things that your devil ancestors have done were evil and the things that your devil brethren on wall street and in washington DC are doing today are evil too. Are you attempting to justify this wickedness?

No.

No.
You sure sound like NOI because you seem to use their same talking points. :doubt:

Forum List

Back