Cruz rails against 'crony capitalism’ - BUT ...

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Ted Cruz rails against ‘crony capitalism’ — and praises wife’s Goldman Sachs career
By Nick Gass

3/25/15 9:00 AM EDT

Updated 3/25/15 12:16 PM EDT

Ted Cruz is sounding off against Wall Street and financial institutions, including Goldman Sachs, where his wife, Heidi, works as a managing director in Houston.

Asked whether Goldman Sachs is a positive or negative force in society, the Texas senator and recently declared Republican presidential candidate told Bloomberg Politics on Tuesday that there’s a little bit of both.

“Goldman is one of the biggest banks on Wall Street, and my criticism with Washington is they engage in crony capitalism,” he said. “They give favors to Wall Street and Big Business, and that’s why I’ve been an outspoken opponent of crony capitalism, taking on leaders in both parties.”

The candidate said that like other firms, Goldman seeks out and receives favors from the government.

“I think they’re entitled to practice their business, but without subsidies or special benefits,” he told John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

Cruz mentioned the Dodd-Frank Act specifically, saying that it has failed on its promise to stop “too-big-to-fail” institutions from growing.

Goldman Sachs received $10 billion in taxpayer money from the Treasury following the 2008 financial crisis, repaying the funds with interest in less than a year.

Read more: Ted Cruz rails against crony capitalism and praises wife s Goldman Sachs career - Nick Gass - POLITICO

But he's not corrupt and there's not conflict of interest.

Nope.

Not at all.

And, to be fair, by RW standards, he's clean as a whistle!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And of course, his health insurance came from wifey's employment - until he declared. Then, she quickly resigned and he signed up for ObamaCare, saying it was a 'good thing', even though he's working to repeal it.

Makes me remember Nixon.

:uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

Okay, RWs, bring on the excuses.

Ted Cruz rails against ‘crony capitalism’ — and praises wife’s Goldman Sachs career
By Nick Gass

Ted Cruz is sounding off against Wall Street and financial institutions, including Goldman Sachs, where his wife, Heidi, works as a managing director in Houston.

Asked whether Goldman Sachs is a positive or negative force in society, the Texas senator and recently declared Republican presidential candidate told Bloomberg Politics on Tuesday that there’s a little bit of both.

“Goldman is one of the biggest banks on Wall Street, and my criticism with Washington is they engage in crony capitalism,” he said. “They give favors to Wall Street and Big Business, and that’s why I’ve been an outspoken opponent of crony capitalism, taking on leaders in both parties.”

The candidate said that like other firms, Goldman seeks out and receives favors from the government.

“I think they’re entitled to practice their business, but without subsidies or special benefits,” he told John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

Cruz mentioned the Dodd-Frank Act specifically, saying that it has failed on its promise to stop “too-big-to-fail” institutions from growing.

Goldman Sachs received $10 billion in taxpayer money from the Treasury following the 2008 financial crisis, repaying the funds with interest in less than a year.

Read more: Ted Cruz rails against crony capitalism and praises wife s Goldman Sachs career - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Nope.

Not at all.

And of course, his health insurance came from wifey's employment - until he declared. Then, she quickly resigned and he signed up for ObamaCare, saying it was a 'good thing', even though he's working to repeal it.

Makes me remember Nixon.

Everything he said makes sense. What you said doesn't.

By Nick Gass

Nope.

Not at all.

Makes me remember Nixon.

Uh, "Mike", you're in another thread defending a man who said he wants to rape and murder little girls.

:anj_stfu:

By Nick Gass

Nope.

Not at all.

Makes me remember Nixon.

Uh, "Mike", you're in another thread defending a man who said he wants to rape and murder little girls.

:anj_stfu:
I'm in another thread defending someone who never even approached saying that. You're the only asshole that came to that stupid fucking conclusion.

So now I'm kicking your stupid fucking ass in two threads you want to start another?

So Cruz criticizes his wife's employer and that makes him a hypocrite? Wow, the left is soooo desperate these days. If they're this scared of Cruz, imagine what the reaction will be when Walker announces.

Crony capitalism is how the rich get richer and the poor get even poorer and the middle class takes it on the cine...a well orchestrated plan indeed. And its working like a charm.

Our form o's capitalism is all about "cronyism" but if you challenge that you are a communist. That comes from those who want to protect the way things work... or are not working that is.

By Nick Gass

Nope.

Not at all.

Makes me remember Nixon.

the resume of an insider....the rhetoric of an outsider..

Classic shill posing...and thats what he is...a shill

likely a shill pushed by Goldman-Sachs, his wife's (former?) employer.

What do these big bankers fear the most?......auditing the fed.....Rand Paul scares these crooks to death...
so Cruz will siphon votes from the true conservatives.

a recent handwriting analysis said Cruz was hiding something
"When someone makes their name entirely illegible, there is much going on behind the scenes that he doesn’t want others to know about"

further........ a shill ineligible to be president...which he may just use to jettison himself if it looks like he might actually get too far.

I've seen left-wing media and mouth pieces defend his eligibility, and fail to mention his wife's employer...while touting his signing into Obama/Romney-care....hmmmm

OP is a Racist who doesn't want a Brown Person elected as President.

OP has no thoughts of his own, just "cuts and pastes" that days' Liberal, Foaming Mouth, Hate Spewing talking points.

Forum List

Back