Cruises and Virus

22lcidw

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2018
It will be interesting to see the cruise ports in our nation, particularly the cruises from Florida ports and any infections come about. Miami, Fort. Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville are the main cruise ports. Most cruises are Bahmas/Caribbean itineraries. Fort Lauderdale and Miami are ports located in a more densely populated area of Florida and have quite a few ships. Port Canaveral ships have cruisers who go to the theme parks also. Jacksonville has one ship. Tampa is mostly Western Caribbean cruises with Grand Cayman and Cozumel as examples. We shall see.

Not a problem with Florida cruises.

St Trumpy has assured us that the epidemic will be over when the weather warms up in April.

And He’s never wrong.

St Trumpy has assured us that the epidemic will be over when the weather warms up in April.

And He’s never wrong.

God Bless our President

It will be interesting to see the cruise ports in our nation, particularly the cruises from Florida ports and any infections come about. Miami, Fort. Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville are the main cruise ports. Most cruises are Bahmas/Caribbean itineraries. Fort Lauderdale and Miami are ports located in a more densely populated area of Florida and have quite a few ships. Port Canaveral ships have cruisers who go to the theme parks also. Jacksonville has one ship. Tampa is mostly Western Caribbean cruises with Grand Cayman and Cozumel as examples. We shall see.

Here's a link to a map of where the virus has hit in the US. Florida, and most states around it don't have any reported cases. Sorry, but you're looking for something that isn't there. Are you trying to start a conspiracy?

As far as cruise ships? I'd be scared of the ones traveling on the West Coast, because they would have more traffic from China. And, there is no way in hell that I'm ever gonna take a cruise. Used to think that one day I would, because I wanted to see what it was like to be out at sea and not have to work (20 years in the Navy). Now? After seeing all the problems that they have been having, there is no way I'd be able to enjoy it. And outbreaks on a cruise ship, telling everyone to stay in their room? BAD IDEA. Why? Because most ships aren't equipped with a filter system that could filter out a virus, and all the vent systems are interconnected. If the air is on (and it would have to be, ships without ventilation get hot and uncomfortable in a hurry, I know this from the many GQ drills I participated in while on sea duty). So, if the AC is running, you have viruses being spread through the whole ship.

It would be better if you focused on the ships, rather than where they came from, because your premise is kinda flawed by what the actual reporting shows.

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Map of where cases have been confirmed across the country

Florida would be a terrible place to be at the moment. Its there regardless of what they are reporting. They wouldn't what to stop getting that tourism dollar.

Right now, you'd have to be nuts to go on a cruise. Regardless of where it's going or where it came from, a cruise has just too damn many people in too close of quarters.

Anyone going on a cruise or unnecessary international flight right now is an idiot.

Confined spaces for long durations with strangers from all over the globe.

Just plain dumb.

And He’s never wrong.

God Bless our President

Did that hurt?

In cold weather people are in close quarters much more to stay out of the weather, so no doubt when the weather warms up, the r0 factor of the Corvid19 will drop considerably and probably come to a halt in the Northern Hemisphere.

It is warm weather down South, and we see zero cases so far in South America, except for one case in Brazil. That will likely go up some, but over all, I think this thing is over by end of August, and global commerce will rebound shortly after, like a rocket.

There were a lot of international passengers and crew when I went on my cruise (Princess line). There is NO WAY I would get on one until coronavirus is bye-bye.

Forum List

Back