Cruise Line Horrors

SayMyName

Live, Love, Laugh.
Dec 30, 2011
Shanghai, China
Below is a link I found detailing some information not normally heard about the cruise line industry. Much of it is in the form of congressional testimony. One of the examples is the number of sexual assaults is nearly 4 times higher on a cruise ship as compared to the general population. Take a look.

cruisejunkie.com Cruise Page

Below is a link I found detailing some information not normally heard about the cruise line industry. Much of it is in the form of congressional testimony. One of the examples is the number of sexual assaults is nearly 4 times higher on a cruise ship as compared to the general population. Take a look.

All those old people running amok!!!!

Well...I would have to say the number of people drunk per population is about 150 times the general population. So higher levels of sexual advances and assaults would be a no-brainer.

probably because people go on cruises and think they can drink inhuman amounts of alcohol.

they fall overboard b/c of that, too.

me? i love cruises.

I hate cruises unless I'm at the helm. Just what I want to do. Hang with a bunch of dumbass broke murkins while floating towards a tourist trap to buy unnecessary shit.
Gimme a 3-4 hour flight and a rental car(or sailboat). No.No reservations, just a full tank and the keys, gracias.

Cruises offer the best value for your vacation dollar.

Just took the family on one a few weeks ago, we had a blast.

But we also didn't feel comfortable leaving the chilluns with the cruise babysitters.

I worked for one of those cruise companies for a couple of years. First off, my general impression of most cruise passengers is they are either too lazy or too unimaginative to come up with some fun vacation on their own. Some cruisers like the idea of checking their heads out on vacation and not have to think too much about what to do, when, or how. Their itinerary aboard ship or on land is laid out and they must keep to their timetable. Here in Alaska, they often avoid any activity that doesn't put some kind of motorized transport under their butts, boat, train, or bus. I find this ironic beyond belief because they come here to cherish the great natural wilderness in all its untouched glory. What a joke. Of course, the cruise companies control where these mooks visit, where they shop, where they stay, just about all aspects of their visit.
It's amazing how quickly illnesses can sweep through the ship, too. Passengers and crew are hounded to wash their hands and maintain proper hygiene. But when you consider that most of the crew are hired from foreign, third-world countries for wages that would embarrass a robber baron, crews aren't always to be as clean as they could be. Since they work mostly for the tips, they do try to provide decent service to the passengers. That would be tips over and above what the company charges, by-the-way. In cash, if you please.
There's tons more. Would I personally ever go on a cruise? Not even when I'm old and gray...

My family enjoys crusing.. it lets my parents, our family and my brother and his family travel together while keeping all of us, from the youngest to the oldest, entertained ...

we did barcelona, to france, to italy and back to barcelona last year.

My family enjoys crusing.. it lets my parents, our family and my brother and his family travel together while keeping all of us, from the youngest to the oldest, entertained ...

we did barcelona, to france, to italy and back to barcelona last year.

Given circumstances, there may be some charm for some people. For myself, not so much. But then, I've worked in the belly of the beast. Even with the perks, including free and reduced price cruises for employees, I never took advantage. I know many retirees, though, who work for the cruise lines and then they cruise the times they are not working. Work in Alaska all summer, cruise the Caribbean all winter. If you enjoy cruising, it's a win-win.

Just make sure you wash your hands!

Forum List

Back