'Cruel captivity': Ottawa Mountie found guilty in child-torture case of 11-year-old son

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Disgusting. Just one of the many reasons our allies don't trust us...

'Cruel captivity': Ottawa Mountie found guilty in child-torture case of 11-year-old son

Nobody on the normally quiet Kanata street had seen the 11-year-old boy in six months. He was no longer in school and no longer playing street hockey. Instead, his days and nights were spent chained up in a darkened basement, where his father tortured and starved him.

His father, a former RCMP counter-terrorism officer, also videotaped his naked son as he inflicted disturbing, religious-themed interrogations, demanding the shackled and emaciated boy to repent, screaming that he ”will weep blood” for his so-called sins. At one point, the ex-Mountie enlisted a priest to perform an exorcism.

In one of the horrifying videos that reduced defence lawyers and police to tears at trial, the tiny, frightened and starving boy begged: “I want my family back.”

The young boy spent the last month of his captivity trying to escape the horrors of the basement, where he was chained to a post as he slept and forced to use a slop bucket for a toilet while the rest of his family went about their daily routines upstairs.

That he managed to loosen his chains and escape is what led to the child-abuse case against his father and stepmom, who were both found guilty on Monday at the Elgin Street courthouse. They have been jailed while they await sentencing.

“I was terrified, hungry and thirsty. I couldn’t take it anymore. My entertainment was (staring at) a wall and I was just getting hurt and burned. I was scared to death,” the boy told court at trial.

Put him with the general pop. Save the poor Canadian taxpayers some money.

Forum List

Back