Crowdsourcing Ebola Facts - If Our Government Wont Do It, We Sure Can!

TheAmerican

May 4, 2014
Let's crowdsource and track Ebola on our own

Patient's name
: Thomas Eric Duncan
Hospital info: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital 214-345-6789
Flights stopped: before boarding a flight from Monrovia to Brussels. He flew from Brussels to Washington Dulles and then on to Dallas-Forth Worth
Possible individuals impacted: 20 at the most
Stop all international flights to West Africa: 1 (866) 835-5322 or 1-866-Tell-FAA Contact FAA
Possible Hazard: Threw up in front of the apartment.
Social Media: The FAA FAANews Twitter
Traveled from Liberia - West Africa.

Purpose of this thread: TRACKING EBOLA AND THE POSSIBILITY OF CONTACT is the sole purpose of this thread (no political slants): it is to release information that you receive either by twitter, facebook, word of mouth chronicling and tracking ebola cases so that we dont become infected. Below are just the things that I have picked up from twitter or hearsay. ******I DO THINK THAT IT IS AIRBORNE OR CAN BE CONTRACTED VIA ARESOL (SNEEZING) BASED ON A DOCTORS ACCOUNT IN AFRICA***** (source: Ebola - What You re Not Being Told UPDATED September 30th SCG News )

Corrections are wanted: Please discredit or challenge any misinformation and use a source when doing so please.

Flights should be cancelled to and from West Africa. Despite what reports are being presented by the CDC, I believe this person KNEW he had ebola and decided to chance it and come to the US after he realized that his cousin was dying (because he was the one that drove her to the hospital)

Please place the STATE/REGION. POINTS OF CONTACT, and any government resources/contact information that we may need (i.e. asking and seeking a ban on all flights / international flights to Africa/West Africa) - petitions, so forth.

Ex:
PLACE: Hawaii (the latest possible case)

Point of contact (all places the ebola patient went to before being quarantined): Delta Plane - ABC High School, ABC Hospital, ABC Grocery Store, 13 people. Yellow cab 2451

Tested: Positive/Negative

Govt contact: Congressman Mr. ABC contact number 555-5555.

Plane company / FAA: Mr. CEO 1-333-333-3333

What else is needed/ what else is missing from the possible point of contact?

(1) The gate that he traveled from, usually airports have eateries. Reason? People dont wash their hands when eating and touching their phones, chairs and so forth.
(2) Did the people in his apartment complex (family) clean up the vomit / or how was it cleaned? Reason? Dogs/Pets walking can inadvertently walk in the waste and not know.
(3) Did he take a cab from the airport?
(4) Who handled his bags/baggage claim?
(5) Did he go out to a restaurant?

1. I believe that Ebola is air borne. Why? There was an incident where a doctor stated that he did not come into direct contact but was still diagnosed with ebola. He was cured allegedly in West Africa (still searching for source) - however, I know I wasnt hallucinating the news story.

2. Motives: That {the above} being said, I decided to try to crowdsource what I have found - again, feel free to correct me. Unlike everyone else that is buying that there is an incubation period before transmission, I believe that all contact should be evaluated. I dont think the patients name should be released - but I do believe that the patients whereabouts should be tracked from point A to point B. However, if our government does not release a thorough point of contact and itinerary I do think we should have the name to crowdsource it.

But since the patient's information was the only thing that was openly released as opposed to the important things like... all points of contact (initially) flights, possible regions affected, possible people on the flight that could have been impacted - those using the plane or seat after him, everything else had to be peeled out of everyone until they released the information, in fact, the family released the info.

source: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...allas-ebola-patient.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Please note: it was the twitter users and a bit of crowdsourcing that put that itinerary together allowing the media to be a bit more thorough. I honestly dont think we would have known anything beyond a patient X.

Please note again: ENCOURAGE your elected official to stop all international flights to West Africa.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back