Crossing party lines to vote in 2008

I hear you and I understand where your coming from. I am of the mindset that I will be selecting the lesser of two evils. I would like to see some significant changes in this country but I'm not ready to give it up either to watch one of these guys just flush the nation down the toilet.

Unfortunately, I believe it will take something catastrophic to really shake up the way the country is managed. I thought that would be the case after 9/11but it seems we took a few steps backwards instead.

One side saw the other side on the verge of pulling way ahead --fortunately they snapped out of it and started voting against the war instead of for it. Think how much of our time and money was wasted concocting this little bi-partisan vignette.

new blood---not dems--not reps---they've both corrupted our country and I've given them both all the chances I plan on giving them. Look at this silly advertising campaign to see who gets to be the big cheese next.
It reminds me of watching Japanese commercials when I didn't even speak Japanese. :wtf:

And Obama is not a lapdog for anyone? I could name a handful of suspects that would fall into that category. Obama is playing the same sort of game, its not unique to McCain.

I suppose his is but I would expect him to be at this point in his career. McCain on the other hand, prior to Bush, was no lapdog, something I was impressed with. Had McCain stuck to going against Bush on more of the issues I would be supporting him.

I suppose his is but I would expect him to be at this point in his career. McCain on the other hand, prior to Bush, was no lapdog, something I was impressed with. Had McCain stuck to going against Bush on more of the issues I would be supporting him.

If he had continued to go against Bush, he wouldn't be the nominee right now. And if he suddenly stopped pretending to like Bush, he'd lose in November.

As long as he can continue to make Bush and Co. think he'll continue all their failed policies, he'll get the support of all those voters. Plus, he'll get the voters who know McCain's know lapdog. Plus he'll get the defected Hillary voters. Plus he'll get the Independent voters who see through Obama's lies and racism.

You see?

Last edited:

Listen carefully--There is NO WAY you will know what either one of these men will do once they are elected. Do you understand that all you are hearing from them now is a carefully planned out advertising campaign ?

You really only have 3 reasons as 1 and 2 are the same; which, means you have 1 actually legitimate reason.

Katrina was the fault of the Governor of LA, the Mayor of New Orleans and I'm not going through dragging out all the evidence proving it again. Blanco refused to as a Republican President for help. Simple as that. It is a viloation of the 10th Amendment for the President to act without that request. That's why the states that get hit the most, Texas and FL, get that request out post haste.

FEMA sucks, but the fact that Bush doesn't personally oversee FEMA is as weak an excuse is those who wanted to hold him legally responsible for the crimes committed in Abu Ghraib. No dice. FEMA is just another part of the inept bureaucracy that leeches off off this country.

McGrampa isn't Bush. He's Santa Claus with a shave and business suit.:badgrin:

Oh well .... I disagree with ya! What can I say? :lol: lol

i wish more people were independents. i know some people that say theyre dems but vote republican each presidential election. it always confuses me.

I get the same impression. I actually liked McCain before Bush came along but McCain is no longer a maverick, just a party follower.

BHO voted straight democratic party platform more than any other dem senator

Barack Obama | Congress votes database | washingtonpost.com

Barack Obama has voted with a majority of his Democratic colleagues 96.0% of the time during the current Congress. This percentage does not include votes in which Obama did not vote. See a list of his votes against his party since 1991, a list of all Senators in the 110th Congress with a similar score, or a full list of party voters.

so tell me how does your critique of JM hold up when BHO is more of a party line follower than anyone in the senate?

Listen carefully--There is NO WAY you will know what either one of these men will do once they are elected. Do you understand that all you are hearing from them now is a carefully planned out advertising campaign ?

Spot on.

In fact they don't know what they'll do either.

They are both, I think, truly convinced they'll drain the swamp, but their priorities will change when they're up to their asses in alligators.

At best we vote for these guys based on their philosophical leanings politically.

Philosophically Obama's rhetoric appeals to me.

However, I know perfectly well he's still going to have to deal with Congress, and Congresspersons are still running campaigns on money they get mostly from special interests.

So the best I can hope for if O is elected is some benefits to America in some areas.

If you believe in trickle down theory of economics, vote for McCain.

If you think that supply side econ theory is specious, vote for O.

Everything, every domestic policy, every foreign policy, hinges on economic policies, folks.

Spot on.

In fact they don't know what they'll do either.

They are both, I think, truly convinced they'll drain the swamp, but their priorities will change when they're up to their asses in alligators.

At best we vote for these guys based on their philosophical leanings politically.

Philosophically Obama's rhetoric appeals to me.

However, I know perfectly well he's still going to have to deal with Congress, and Congresspersons are still running campaigns on money they get mostly from special interests.

So the best I can hope for if O is elected is some benefits to America in some areas.

If you believe in trickle down theory of economics, vote for McCain.

If you think that supply side econ theory is specious, vote for O.

Everything, every domestic policy, every foreign policy, hinges on economic policies, folks.

I agree with you for the most part. There is one piece that I don't think many folks are considering when selecting this next president and that is the Democrats control Congress right now. In my opinion, if Obama is elected, we will have a heavily controlled government by one party. To me that is too much unchecked power for one party to hold. Plus if the Democrats manage to unseat more Republican Senate and House seats and come away with a 60vote majority, Congress will practically have cart blanche power to do as they please. For those of you that lean or swing left, you may be happy with that. With those of us that are down the middle or swing right, we could see some things get through Congress that might make us cringe.

Without a president in power to try and check some of that power, we could be in for a ride over the next 4 years. :eek:

Interesting. But you cannot see that Obama never was a maverick and is just a party follower?

Back in a previous post, No. 22, I stated I thought Obama was a party follower. I'm not up to speed on all his votes but I believe it's in the mid 90% party vote. I don't know of many issues Obama went against his party on. I've never considered Obama a maverick.

i wish more people were independents. i know some people that say theyre dems but vote republican each presidential election. it always confuses me.

That's what great about being Independent. I vote as much Republican as I do Democrat. I supported the Democrats in the House and the Republicans in the Senate.

As long as he can continue to make Bush and Co. think he'll continue all their failed policies, he'll get the support of all those voters. Plus, he'll get the voters who know McCain's know lapdog. Plus he'll get the defected Hillary voters. Plus he'll get the Independent voters who see through Obama's lies and racism.

Hope springs eternal.

We definitely do need to refocus of Afghanistan, because we have finally won in Iraq. I'm glad we are in Iraq because now, for the next 100 years, we have huge airbases we can hammer the Russians (the real enemy that never really went away) with.

We watched New Orleans get the scrubbing out that city BADLY needed for a LONG time. The only ones who watched were the idiot state and local officials, like the mayor leaving 1200 buses parked and eventually flooded out.

McCain has been opposed to Bush on almost all domestic fronts since he's been there. He's no Bush supporter, never has been.

This is obviously good satire.

Nobody could possibly really be this dumb.

Sucker--you bit on all that Katrina BS. I notice they are really working that card at the convention. It's called thinly veiled racism.

No .. this is called thinly veiled racism

lootingfinding.jpg

As I have said, either McCain or Obama will be a wonderful change from Booooosh.

Sucker--you bit on all that Katrina BS. I notice they are really working that card at the convention. It's called thinly veiled racism.

Every time you post or even talk, society as a whole gets dumber. How Bush dealt with Katrina was purely based on the fact that they were poor and black, but I'd expect someone from Texas to not see it that way

As I have said, either McCain or Obama will be a wonderful change from Booooosh.

Different names---same results. Don't get your hopes up. I'm afraid you gonna see and hear the same things for a different face and a different voice. Other factors in our economy can wipe out what ever tax benfits you realize in a heartbeat. The media might paint a rosier picture if you believe what they tell you.

McCain has been opposed to Bush on almost all domestic fronts since he's been there. He's no Bush supporter, never has been.

McCain said he voted 90% of the time with Bush. I can't post the link to the video because I am new here but a quick Google video search will produce the video.

Forum List

Back