Croc Hunter holds baby

Jim, There's a joke in Darwin that it is alright to swim in the harbour cause the crocs have eaten all the sharks!:D
Just recently though a young bloke was taken by a croc but these attacks are rare & a lot of the time it is ppls stupidity that is the problem. I have travelled round Oz & seen ppl swiming in places that has signs saying "DO NOT SWIM HERE,SALT WATER CROCS"
but ppl do it so if they get taken it ther own fault. These signs are in many languages so really there is no excuse. I think there has only been about 90 ppl taken by crocs,we had 90 deaths on the roads over the silly season.

Originally posted by Jackass
Did Michael Jackson's baby get hurt?? NO. So then its ok what he did??

In your eyes what they both did was careless. Let's not seriously compare the two though. One did something with his child that he does every day of his life, and it's fair that 'you' think it's careless. The other certainly wasn't something he does daily, it was just stupidity.

We can judge all we like but we still aren't the parents. Apparently the authorities in both situations felt it best left up to the parent as well as charges weren't filed in either case.

Nah, there's no comparison between Jackson and Steve Irwin. One is a total wacko who has done many things over the years that I think we can all agree makes him incapable of raising a child in a healthy manner. Irwin, while he did mess up pretty big-time in my eyes, did just that: mess up. Nobody was all that surprised when Jacko hung his kid off of a balcony, but Steve's situation kinda shocked me. Basically, my reaction to Steve was: "he should know better", my reaction to Jackson was: "yeah... can't say I'm surprised".

Dan, I think you put it in perspective, I agree with you 100%.

BRISBANE, Australia - "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin won't be charged with any offense for holding his 1-month-old son while feeding one of his crocs, a public display that shocked viewers around the world.

After interviewing Irwin, the Office of Workplace Health and Safety said Thursday there was not enough evidence to suggest that he and his Australia Zoo reptile park had violated any safety regulations.

Irwin was reprimanded by Queensland's Department of Family Services after the Jan. 2 stunt, but the agency took no action against him. Police also declined to file charges.

Irwin, the TV host of the "Crocodile Hunter" wildlife program, stunned onlookers by carrying his son, Bob, into a crocodile pen during a wildlife show. He tucked the infant under one arm while tossing the 13-foot reptile a piece of meat with the other.

Under workplace safety laws, unauthorized people cannot enter a crocodile enclosure that is part of a public display. But there was no evidence Irwin did not have control of the child, said Gordon Nutall, the state's industrial relations minister.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=6&u=/ap/20040122/ap_on_en_tv/crocodile_hunter

Forum List

Back